Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) His mother.
(c) A loan he just took out.
(d) His merchandise.
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her godfather.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
3. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) The choice is not hers.
(b) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(c) He must make up his own mind.
(d) She will marry no one.
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Run away from his master.
(b) Move out of Italy.
(c) Get married.
(d) Steal some money.
5. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
2. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
3. Who does Lorenzo love?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
5. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)