|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) His merchandise.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) A loan he just took out.
2. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To reach his home.
(b) To hide his identity.
(c) To save some time.
(d) To woo a woman.
3. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Meet at Antonio's house.
4. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Three times the loan amount.
(b) The exact amount of the loan.
(c) Twice the amount of the loan.
(d) Ten times the amount of the loan.
5. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)