Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His merchandise.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A book.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A dream.
3. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His money.
(b) Her lady in waiting.
(c) His looks.
(d) His horse.
4. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) The deed of inheritance.
(b) Her father's will.
(c) A royal decree.
(d) A book of decorum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
2. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
3. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)