|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
(a) Scaring Jessica with his talk of hell-fire.
(b) Eating all the food.
(c) Getting a Moorish servant pregnant.
(d) Trying to smuggle some of Portia's goblets in his baggage.
2. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After marriage.
(b) After the committment is made.
(c) After the gleam wears off.
(d) After consummation.
3. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
(a) That he let her read the inscriptions to him.
(b) That lunch be served.
(c) That he wait an hour.
(d) That music be played.
4. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(b) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(c) Delivers a letter.
(d) Tells jokes.
5. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Attend the ball.
(b) Worry about him.
(c) Look out the window.
(d) Have visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
2. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
3. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
5. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)