|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his torchbearer.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Steal money from her father.
(d) Be his partner for the night.
2. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
(a) Eating all the food.
(b) Getting a Moorish servant pregnant.
(c) Trying to smuggle some of Portia's goblets in his baggage.
(d) Scaring Jessica with his talk of hell-fire.
3. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is intelligent.
(b) She is virtuous.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is proud.
4. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) What many men want.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) A risky investment.
5. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Offending Shylock.
(b) Bringing Jessica.
(c) Being late.
(d) Getting lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
2. Where does Portia's cousin live?
3. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
4. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
5. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)