|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
2. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A picture of a fool and a poem.
(b) A sack of jewels.
(c) A picture of Portia.
(d) A skull and a poem.
3. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
(a) It seems so common.
(b) It looks dangerous.
(c) It has a strange and dull beauty to it.
(d) It looks well worn.
4. What does Jessica hope to lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) A religion.
(b) A title.
(c) A home.
(d) A father.
5. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He is sworn to secrecy.
(b) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
(c) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(d) He must pay the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. Who is Launcelot's master?
5. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)