|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Shake hands on the deal.
(b) Dine with him and Antonio.
(c) Sign a contract.
(d) Meet at Antonio's house.
2. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her low social rank.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her religion.
3. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her strength of character.
(b) Her patience.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her love.
4. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
(a) His riches.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His speech.
(d) His dark skin.
5. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(d) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
2. What does Jessica hope to lose on the night of the masquerade?
3. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
4. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
5. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)