|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
2. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
(a) On a business trip.
(b) Dining out.
(c) At a worship service.
3. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(b) He starts raving furiously.
(c) He leaves the scene quickly.
(d) He bursts into tears.
4. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Helping people who hate Jews.
(b) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
(c) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(d) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
5. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
(a) It has a strange and dull beauty to it.
(b) It looks well worn.
(c) It looks dangerous.
(d) It seems so common.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
2. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
3. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
4. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
5. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)