|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) She is glad he chose wrong.
(b) She thanks him for his good nature and bids him farewel..
(c) She joins in laughing about the joke.
(d) She is frightened by his anger.
2. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After consummation.
(b) After marriage.
(c) After the committment is made.
(d) After the gleam wears off.
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his torchbearer.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be his partner for the night.
(d) Steal money from her father.
4. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(b) She is disowned.
(c) She will be sent to hell.
(d) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
5. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(c) No humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
2. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
5. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)