|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(d) Any of the other merchants.
2. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Worry about him.
(b) Have visitors.
(c) Look out the window.
(d) Attend the ball.
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A pound of flesh.
(b) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(c) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(d) A portion of Antonio's company.
4. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is virtuous.
(d) She is proud.
5. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(a) The Moroccan prince.
(d) An English duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
2. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
3. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
5. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)