|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her low social rank.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her religion.
2. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(a) The Moroccan prince.
(c) An English duke.
3. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(b) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(c) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(d) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
4. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) A skull and a poem.
(b) A picture of a fool.
(c) Two wedding rings.
(d) A picture of Portia.
5. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He seems muddled in the head.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He lies openly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
2. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
3. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
4. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
5. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)