|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A portion of Antonio's company.
(d) A pound of flesh.
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His ego.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His reputation.
5. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
(a) Denounce her titles.
(c) Ask favors of high ranking officials.
(d) Give money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
2. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
4. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
5. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)