|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He was her father's servant.
(b) He does business often with her father.
(c) He has been courting her.
(d) He is a very popular figure in the area.
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A portion of Antonio's company.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(d) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
3. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
4. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
(a) He is now employed by Bassanio.
(b) He has business over seas.
(c) He fears Shylock has figured out his plans with his daughter.
(d) He has a shipment to watch over.
5. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(b) Garden fertilizer.
(c) A trophy.
(d) Fish bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica do with her mother's ring?
2. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
4. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
5. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)