|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Some money.
(b) A business deal.
(c) A friend.
(d) A daughter.
2. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A picture of a fool and a poem.
(b) A skull and a poem.
(c) A sack of jewels.
(d) A picture of Portia.
3. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A man in love.
(d) A masked man.
4. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) At the masquerade.
(b) In the privacy of his home.
(c) At a tavern.
(d) With Bassanio.
5. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
(a) The Earl of Norway.
(b) A Scottish duke.
(c) An Egyptian heir.
(d) The Prince of Morocco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
2. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
4. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)