|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Some money.
(b) A friend.
(c) A business deal.
(d) A daughter.
2. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) All his ships are currently sailing.
(b) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(c) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(d) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
3. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His horse.
(b) Her lady in waiting.
(c) His looks.
(d) His money.
4. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
(a) He has business over seas.
(b) He fears Shylock has figured out his plans with his daughter.
(c) He is now employed by Bassanio.
(d) He has a shipment to watch over.
5. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Serve him well.
(b) Lock the doors and windows.
(c) Attend with him.
(d) Go to bed early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
2. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
3. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
4. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
5. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)