|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is kind and thoughtful.
(b) He is insulting and arrogant.
(c) He is timid and careful.
(d) He is ignorant and slow.
2. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) A skull and a poem.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) Two wedding rings.
(d) A picture of a fool.
4. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(d) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
5. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He is sworn to secrecy.
(b) He must pay the price.
(c) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
(d) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Antonio follow?
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
4. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)