|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is known to be disloyal.
(b) He is not Jewish.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is not wealthy.
2. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
(a) It looks dangerous.
(b) It has a strange and dull beauty to it.
(c) It looks well worn.
(d) It seems so common.
3. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) At the masquerade.
(b) With Bassanio.
(c) In the privacy of his home.
(d) At a tavern.
4. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To find some more money.
(b) To lock it up.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To leave a note for her father.
5. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(b) She is dressed as a boy.
(c) She could not find her father's cash box.
(d) She is not yet married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
3. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
4. Who does Lorenzo love?
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)