|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(a) Fish bait.
(b) A trophy.
(d) Garden fertilizer.
2. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her strength of character.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her patience.
(d) Her love.
3. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Get married.
(b) Steal some money.
(c) Move out of Italy.
(d) Run away from his master.
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(d) Any of the other merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
4. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
5. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)