|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A portion of Antonio's company.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
2. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His ego.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His reputation.
3. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Meet at Antonio's house.
(b) Shake hands on the deal.
(c) Sign a contract.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
4. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
(a) Not taking after her mother in looks.
(b) Wanting to turn her back on her religion.
(c) Being ashamed of her father.
(d) Being too stubborn to see the truth about Launcelot.
5. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
2. What religion does Shylock follow?
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
4. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)