|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He is sworn to secrecy.
(b) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(c) He must pay the price.
(d) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
2. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His ego.
(d) His reputation.
3. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
(a) Being too stubborn to see the truth about Launcelot.
(b) Being ashamed of her father.
(c) Wanting to turn her back on her religion.
(d) Not taking after her mother in looks.
4. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He seems muddled in the head.
(b) He lies openly.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He is Jewish.
5. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Generous lending.
(b) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
2. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
3. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
4. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
5. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)