|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(b) Generous lending.
(c) Late payments.
(d) Unexpected poverty.
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(d) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
5. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
4. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
5. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)