|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He is sworn to secrecy.
(b) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(c) He must pay the price.
(d) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
2. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(b) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(c) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(d) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
3. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His ego.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His clothing.
4. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) Her father's will.
(b) A royal decree.
(c) A book of decorum.
(d) The deed of inheritance.
5. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is known to be disloyal.
(b) He is not Jewish.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is not wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
2. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
3. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)