|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
4. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He does business often with her father.
(b) He has been courting her.
(c) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(d) He was her father's servant.
5. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(b) He must pay the price.
(c) He is sworn to secrecy.
(d) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
2. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
4. Who is Launcelot's master?
5. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)