|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(a) No humor.
2. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His actions.
(b) His kind heart.
(c) His love.
(d) His beauty.
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He lends money too generously.
(b) He is in love with his daughter.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. What religion does Shylock follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
2. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
3. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
4. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
5. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)