|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her godfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
3. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(b) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(c) All his ships are currently sailing.
(d) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
4. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(b) He has been courting her.
(c) He was her father's servant.
(d) He does business often with her father.
5. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The villain is being nice.
(b) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) The cost is too high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)