|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(b) The villain is being nice.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) The cost is too high.
2. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Twenty Percent.
(d) Five Percent.
3. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) The choice is not hers.
(b) He must make up his own mind.
(c) She will marry no one.
(d) She already knows the kind of person he is.
4. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
5. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
2. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
3. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)