|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His ego.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His clothing.
2. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He has been courting her.
(b) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(c) He does business often with her father.
(d) He was her father's servant.
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. Who is Launcelot's master?
5. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The sincerity of the suitors.
(b) The intent of the suitors.
(c) The character of the suitors.
(d) The courage of the suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
2. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
3. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
4. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
5. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)