|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The intent of the suitors.
(b) The character of the suitors.
(c) The sincerity of the suitors.
(d) The courage of the suitors.
3. What is Launcelot's father's name?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
(a) He has a shipment to watch over.
(b) He is now employed by Bassanio.
(c) He fears Shylock has figured out his plans with his daughter.
(d) He has business over seas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
2. Who is Launcelot's master?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
5. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)