|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) The villain is being nice.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
2. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
3. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Shake hands on the deal.
(b) Meet at Antonio's house.
(c) Dine with him and Antonio.
(d) Sign a contract.
4. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
5. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
2. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
5. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)