|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
2. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
3. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(b) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(c) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(d) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
4. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)