|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her low social rank.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her religion.
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
4. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His best behavior.
(b) A contract.
(c) His cooking skills.
(d) Half the cost of using the ship.
5. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) Her lady in waiting.
(b) His looks.
(c) His money.
(d) His horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)