|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The courage of the suitors.
(b) The sincerity of the suitors.
(c) The intent of the suitors.
(d) The character of the suitors.
2. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
3. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Get married.
(b) Steal some money.
(c) Move out of Italy.
(d) Run away from his master.
4. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Five Percent.
(c) Twenty Percent.
(d) Ten percent.
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) Her father's will.
(b) A book of decorum.
(c) The deed of inheritance.
(d) A royal decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
2. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
4. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
5. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)