|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Antonio follow?
2. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Meet at Antonio's house.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Sign a contract.
4. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) The choice is not hers.
(b) He must make up his own mind.
(c) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(d) She will marry no one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
2. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
5. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)