|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
2. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Ten times the amount of the loan.
(b) Twice the amount of the loan.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Three times the loan amount.
3. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) The key to the master bedroom.
(b) A marriage certificate.
(c) Wedding rings.
(d) Portia's picture.
5. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(c) The Moroccan prince.
(d) An English duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
2. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
4. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
5. What religion does Shylock follow?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)