|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) The villain is being nice.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
3. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She is not yet married.
(b) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(c) She could not find her father's cash box.
(d) She is dressed as a boy.
4. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(b) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
(c) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(d) He falls suddenly ill.
5. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
2. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
3. What is Launcelot's father's name?
4. Who does Lorenzo love?
5. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)