|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A sack of jewels.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) A skull and a poem.
(d) A picture of a fool and a poem.
2. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The brass casket.
(b) The jewel encrusted casket.
(c) The silver casket.
(d) The lead casket.
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) A contract.
(b) His cooking skills.
(c) His best behavior.
(d) Half the cost of using the ship.
5. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(d) A pound of flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
4. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
5. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)