|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After marriage.
(b) After the gleam wears off.
(c) After the committment is made.
(d) After consummation.
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his torchbearer.
(b) Steal money from her father.
(c) Be his partner for the night.
(d) Marry him.
4. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To lock it up.
(b) To leave a note for her father.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To find some more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
2. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)