|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After consummation.
(b) After the committment is made.
(c) After the gleam wears off.
(d) After marriage.
2. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Generous lending.
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Confront her father.
(b) Convert to Christianity.
(c) Be his torchbearer.
(d) Announce their marriage.
5. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her Jewish heritage.
(c) Her boredom.
(d) Her poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
4. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
5. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)