|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is in love with his daughter.
(c) He is not fair in his dealings.
(d) He lends money too generously.
2. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
3. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To leave a note for her father.
(b) To lock it up.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To find some more money.
4. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
(b) Conversion to Christianity.
(c) Forgiving all his outstanding loans.
5. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Offending Shylock.
(b) Being late.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Bringing Jessica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
2. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
3. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
4. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
5. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)