|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(b) There will be pork at the table.
(c) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(d) He hates Antonio.
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Sign a contract.
(b) Shake hands on the deal.
(c) Meet at Antonio's house.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
3. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) A purse.
(b) A box.
(c) A dress.
(d) A gift bag.
4. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) All his ships are currently sailing.
(b) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(c) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(d) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
5. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Run away from his master.
(b) Move out of Italy.
(c) Steal some money.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Launcelot's father's name?
2. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. What religion does Antonio follow?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)