|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Launcelot's father's name?
2. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
3. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
(a) The chase.
(b) Their lover.
(c) Their feelings.
4. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
5. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After consummation.
(b) After the committment is made.
(c) After the gleam wears off.
(d) After marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
5. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)