|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) There will be pork at the table.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(d) He hates Antonio.
2. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
(a) She eats pork.
(b) She is generous with her money.
(c) She is too nice.
(d) She is in love with a Christian.
3. Who is late to the masquerade?
4. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is insulting and arrogant.
(b) He is kind and thoughtful.
(c) He is timid and careful.
(d) He is ignorant and slow.
5. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) Half the cost of using the ship.
(b) His best behavior.
(c) His cooking skills.
(d) A contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
2. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
3. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)