|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A pound of flesh.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(d) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
2. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) There will be pork at the table.
(d) He hates Antonio.
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is cruel.
(c) He seems muddled in the head.
(d) He lies openly.
4. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She could not find her father's cash box.
(b) She is not yet married.
(c) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(d) She is dressed as a boy.
5. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
(a) She is too nice.
(b) She is in love with a Christian.
(c) She eats pork.
(d) She is generous with her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
4. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
5. Who is late to the masquerade?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)