|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Bringing Jessica.
(b) Being late.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Offending Shylock.
2. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(b) He falls suddenly ill.
(c) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(d) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
3. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
(a) Portia is not beautiful enough.
(b) Portia is not kind enough.
(c) Portia is not rich enough.
(d) Portia is not smart enough.
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He lies openly.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He seems muddled in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
2. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
3. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
4. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
5. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)