|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The jewel encrusted casket.
2. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Tells jokes.
(b) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(c) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(d) Delivers a letter.
3. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Offending Shylock.
(c) Bringing Jessica.
(d) Being late.
4. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Meet at Antonio's house.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Sign a contract.
5. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
(a) She eats pork.
(b) She is too nice.
(c) She is in love with a Christian.
(d) She is generous with her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
2. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
4. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)