|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Run away from his master.
(b) Get married.
(c) Steal some money.
(d) Move out of Italy.
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A pound of flesh.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A portion of Antonio's company.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
4. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(b) The cost is too high.
(c) The villain is being nice.
(d) He feels guilty.
5. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Shake hands on the deal.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Meet at Antonio's house.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is late to the masquerade?
2. What is Launcelot's father's name?
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
5. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)