|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
(a) Portia is not kind enough.
(b) Portia is not rich enough.
(c) Portia is not smart enough.
(d) Portia is not beautiful enough.
2. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
3. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
4. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
(b) Their feelings.
(c) The chase.
(d) Their lover.
5. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
(b) At a worship service.
(c) On a business trip.
(d) Dining out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
2. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
3. Who does Lorenzo love?
4. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
5. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)