|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Move out of Italy.
(b) Get married.
(c) Steal some money.
(d) Run away from his master.
2. Who is Launcelot's master?
3. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) News from Launcelot.
(b) The discussion with his friends.
(c) An announcement from Bassanio.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
4. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) The villain is being nice.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
5. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Confront her father.
(b) Be his torchbearer.
(c) Announce their marriage.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
3. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)