|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(c) The villain is being nice.
(d) He feels guilty.
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A pound of flesh.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A portion of Antonio's company.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
3. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
4. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A skull and a poem.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) A picture of a fool and a poem.
(d) A sack of jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
2. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
3. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
4. What is Launcelot's occupation?
5. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)