|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To leave a note for her father.
(b) To lock it up.
(c) To find some more money.
(d) To change her clothes.
5. What is Launcelot's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
3. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
4. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)