|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is kind and thoughtful.
(b) He is ignorant and slow.
(c) He is timid and careful.
(d) He is insulting and arrogant.
2. Who does Lorenzo love?
3. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After marriage.
(b) After the gleam wears off.
(c) After the committment is made.
(d) After consummation.
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Move out of Italy.
(b) Steal some money.
(c) Get married.
(d) Run away from his master.
5. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Bringing Jessica.
(b) Offending Shylock.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
2. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
5. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)