|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Launcelot's father's name?
2. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) A skull and a poem.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) Two wedding rings.
(d) A picture of a fool.
3. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Choose the right casket.
(b) Leave without a fight.
(c) Choose the worng casket.
(d) Pay closer attention to the clues.
4. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(d) Any of the other merchants.
5. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The lead casket.
(c) The gold casket.
(d) The brass casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
2. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
4. What is Launcelot's occupation?
5. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)