|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) What many men want.
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) He does business with Antonio.
(b) He hates Jews.
(c) He is a fair ruler.
(d) It is too cruel.
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) Not recognizing his own son.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
5. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(b) He leaves the scene quickly.
(c) He starts raving furiously.
(d) He bursts into tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
2. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
3. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
4. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
5. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)