|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A risky investment.
(b) What he deserves.
(c) A joy beyond all measure.
(d) What many men want.
3. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(a) Any of the other merchants.
4. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Leave without a fight.
(b) Choose the right casket.
(c) Pay closer attention to the clues.
(d) Choose the worng casket.
5. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
3. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)