|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) Half the cost of using the ship.
(b) His cooking skills.
(c) A contract.
(d) His best behavior.
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
(a) Business in Venice will suffer.
(b) Contracts will be broken.
(c) Money will be lost.
(d) The duke will be arrested.
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Move out of Italy.
(b) Run away from his master.
(c) Get married.
(d) Steal some money.
5. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Choose the right casket.
(b) Choose the worng casket.
(c) Leave without a fight.
(d) Pay closer attention to the clues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
3. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
5. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)