|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) He is a fair ruler.
(b) He does business with Antonio.
(c) It is too cruel.
(d) He hates Jews.
2. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He lies openly.
(c) He seems muddled in the head.
(d) He is cruel.
4. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He starts raving furiously.
(b) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He leaves the scene quickly.
5. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
(a) He wants joy more than money.
(b) He knows many men have wooed Portia.
(c) He is willing to risk all to have Portia.
(d) He feels he deserves Portia's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
2. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
3. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
4. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)