|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
2. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) What many men want.
(c) A risky investment.
(d) What he deserves.
3. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
(c) The duke.
(d) The jailer.
4. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He bursts into tears.
(b) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(c) He leaves the scene quickly.
(d) He starts raving furiously.
5. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Divulge information to Antonio.
(b) Forget who he is working for.
(c) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
(d) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
3. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)