|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The gold casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The silver casket.
(d) The lead casket.
2. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) What many men want.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) A joy beyond all measure.
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He leaves the scene quickly.
(b) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He starts raving furiously.
5. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He lies openly.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He seems muddled in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
3. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
4. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
5. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)