|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(b) He leaves the scene quickly.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He starts raving furiously.
2. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
(b) Forget who he is working for.
(c) Divulge information to Antonio.
(d) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
3. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
(a) Business in Venice will suffer.
(b) The duke will be arrested.
(c) Contracts will be broken.
(d) Money will be lost.
4. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) He hates Jews.
(b) It is too cruel.
(c) He does business with Antonio.
(d) He is a fair ruler.
5. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
(a) A Scottish duke.
(b) The Prince of Morocco.
(c) The Earl of Norway.
(d) An Egyptian heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
3. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
4. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
5. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)