|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
(b) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
(c) Helping people who hate Jews.
(d) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The lead casket.
(b) The silver casket.
(c) The gold casket.
(d) The brass casket.
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) What many men want.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) A joy beyond all measure.
(d) What he deserves.
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
3. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
4. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
5. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)