|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(c) Any of the other merchants.
2. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
(b) Divulge information to Antonio.
(c) Forget who he is working for.
(d) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
3. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
(a) He feels he deserves Portia's hand in marriage.
(b) He knows many men have wooed Portia.
(c) He is willing to risk all to have Portia.
(d) He wants joy more than money.
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His mismatched clothing.
(b) His lack of money or occupation.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) Not recognizing his own son.
5. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) A picture of a fool.
(b) A skull and a poem.
(c) Two wedding rings.
(d) A picture of Portia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
3. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
4. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)