|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Divulge information to Antonio.
(b) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
(c) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
(d) Forget who he is working for.
2. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) He is a fair ruler.
(b) He does business with Antonio.
(c) It is too cruel.
(d) He hates Jews.
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(a) Any of the other merchants.
5. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Move out of Italy.
(b) Get married.
(c) Steal some money.
(d) Run away from his master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
2. What is Launcelot's father's name?
3. What is Launcelot's occupation?
4. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
5. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)