|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
(c) The duke.
(d) The jailer.
2. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) She is frightened by his anger.
(b) She is glad he chose wrong.
(c) She thanks him for his good nature and bids him farewel..
(d) She joins in laughing about the joke.
3. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
(b) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(c) Helping people who hate Jews.
(d) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
4. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
5. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
(a) He knows many men have wooed Portia.
(b) He is willing to risk all to have Portia.
(c) He wants joy more than money.
(d) He feels he deserves Portia's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
3. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)