|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Divulge information to Antonio.
(b) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
(c) Forget who he is working for.
(d) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He lies openly.
(d) He seems muddled in the head.
3. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A risky investment.
(b) What he deserves.
(c) What many men want.
(d) A joy beyond all measure.
4. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Courting Portia.
(c) Preparing to leave.
(d) Dining and Talking.
5. What is Launcelot's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
3. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
4. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)