|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
3. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
(a) The Earl of Norway.
(b) An Egyptian heir.
(c) A Scottish duke.
(d) The Prince of Morocco.
4. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
5. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
(a) What he deserves.
(b) What many men want.
(c) A joy beyond all measure.
(d) A risky investment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
2. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
4. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
5. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)