|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
2. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
(a) The duke.
(c) The jailer.
3. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Preparing to leave.
(c) Dining and Talking.
(d) Courting Portia.
4. What is Launcelot's occupation?
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) His mismatched clothing.
(c) Not recognizing his own son.
(d) His bad jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
5. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)