|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
2. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Choose the worng casket.
(b) Pay closer attention to the clues.
(c) Choose the right casket.
(d) Leave without a fight.
3. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
4. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) It is too cruel.
(b) He does business with Antonio.
(c) He is a fair ruler.
(d) He hates Jews.
5. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) A picture of a fool.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) Two wedding rings.
(d) A skull and a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
3. What is Launcelot's father's name?
4. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
5. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)