|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) What he deserves.
(b) A joy beyond all measure.
(c) What many men want.
(d) A risky investment.
2. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
3. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) She thanks him for his good nature and bids him farewel..
(b) She joins in laughing about the joke.
(c) She is frightened by his anger.
(d) She is glad he chose wrong.
4. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Dining and Talking.
(b) Choosing between the caskets.
(c) Preparing to leave.
(d) Courting Portia.
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His bad jokes.
(b) His lack of money or occupation.
(c) Not recognizing his own son.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Launcelot's father's name?
2. Who is Launcelot's master?
3. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
4. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)