|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Launcelot's father's name?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He lies openly.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He seems muddled in the head.
3. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) Not recognizing his own son.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
4. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) What many men want.
(b) A joy beyond all measure.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) A risky investment.
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
2. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
5. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)