|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
2. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Preparing to leave.
(c) Courting Portia.
(d) Dining and Talking.
3. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(b) Any of the other merchants.
4. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The gold casket.
5. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
(a) He feels he deserves Portia's hand in marriage.
(b) He knows many men have wooed Portia.
(c) He is willing to risk all to have Portia.
(d) He wants joy more than money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
2. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. What is Launcelot's father's name?
4. Who is Launcelot's master?
5. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)