|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He seems muddled in the head.
(b) He lies openly.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He is Jewish.
2. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Pay closer attention to the clues.
(b) Leave without a fight.
(c) Choose the right casket.
(d) Choose the worng casket.
3. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He leaves the scene quickly.
(b) He bursts into tears.
(c) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(d) He starts raving furiously.
4. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Divulge information to Antonio.
(b) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
(c) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
(d) Forget who he is working for.
5. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) What he deserves.
(b) A joy beyond all measure.
(c) A risky investment.
(d) What many men want.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
3. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
4. Who is Launcelot's master?
5. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)