|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
2. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) His mismatched clothing.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) Not recognizing his own son.
3. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Preparing to leave.
(c) Courting Portia.
(d) Dining and Talking.
4. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(c) Any of the other merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
4. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
5. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)