One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Launcelot's occupation?
2. What is Launcelot's father's name?
3. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) He does business with Antonio.
(b) He hates Jews.
(c) He is a fair ruler.
(d) It is too cruel.
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) What many men want.
(b) What he deserves.
(c) A joy beyond all measure.
(d) A risky investment.
5. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
(a) He wants joy more than money.
(b) He knows many men have wooed Portia.
(c) He is willing to risk all to have Portia.
(d) He feels he deserves Portia's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
4. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)