|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
2. Hochberg tells Ferguson that Ferguson has every right to ______________________.
3. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
4. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
5. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of men in the 1930s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not have?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)