|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
2. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
3. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
4. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
5. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Laura. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play MEN IN WHITE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of men in the 1930s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not have?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)