|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
2. Who has shown interest in investing in the hospital?
3. Who does Laura think she has offended by entering the hospital library?
4. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
5. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Laura. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dr. Hochberg, Dr. Ferguson and Laura. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the book is New York City in America during the height of the Great Depression. Explain how this affected people in America overall. Then drill down to explain how people in New York, and especially the hospital, were affected.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)