|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
2. Ferguson tells Laura that ____________ is all McCabe lives for.
3. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
4. For whom had Barbara asked before lapsing into unconsciousness?
5. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of the book is New York City in America during the height of the Great Depression. Explain how this affected people in America overall. Then drill down to explain how people in New York, and especially the hospital, were affected.
Essay Topic 2
The author poses three important topics in the play: abortion, healthcare funding and the relationship between the physician and society. Choose one of the topics and compare and contrast it from the 1930 to modern day America.
Essay Topic 3
Inner conflict takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)