Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
2. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
4. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
5. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
Inner conflict takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Explain the role of men in the 1930s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not have?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)