Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
2. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
4. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
5. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Dr. Hochberg. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)