|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
2. What surprises Ferguson in the operating room?
3. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What decision of Ferguson's does Hochberg question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are both young, single women, Laura and Barbara seem very different. Compare and contrast Laura and Barbara. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
MEN IN WHITE is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dr. Ferguson. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)