|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
2. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
3. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
4. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
5. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Kingsley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)