|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
2. What would de-sterilize the surgical gowns?
3. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where does Hochberg order Laura to stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Inner conflict takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1930s? Explain by giving examples.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)