|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset that his son has not been named an intern at the hospital?
2. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
3. What does Laura say she wants her life with Ferguson to be?
4. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
5. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Barbara. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dr. Ferguson. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)