Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
2. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
4. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
5. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
MEN IN WHITE is a classic story of remaining true to yourself. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category. Explain.
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)