|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
2. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
3. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
4. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
5. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
MEN IN WHITE is a classic story of remaining true to yourself. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category. Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Cunningham. What are their roles within the story? Why is there such animosity between the two? Does their level of success create more competition between them than with any of the other men? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dr. Hochberg. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)