|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
2. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
3. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
4. What does Ferguson respond when Laura asks if he had an affair with Barbara?
5. What would de-sterilize the surgical gowns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Kingsley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2Create a brief character study of Laura. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)