|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
2. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
3. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
4. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
5. How do the board members react to Hochberg's timetable for Ferguson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
MEN IN WHITE is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dr. Hochberg. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)