|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hochberg order Laura to stay?
2. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
3. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
4. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Kingsley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)