|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
2. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
4. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
5. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of men in the 1930s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not have?
Essay Topic 2
MEN IN WHITE is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dr. Hochberg, Dr. Ferguson and Laura. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)