|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
3. How do the board members react to Hochberg's timetable for Ferguson?
4. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
5. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are both young, single women, Laura and Barbara seem very different. Compare and contrast Laura and Barbara. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the book is New York City in America during the height of the Great Depression. Explain how this affected people in America overall. Then drill down to explain how people in New York, and especially the hospital, were affected.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)