|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
2. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
4. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
5. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are both young, single women, Laura and Barbara seem very different. Compare and contrast Laura and Barbara. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of men in the 1930s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not have?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)