|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
2. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
3. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
4. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
5. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author poses three important topics in the play: abortion, healthcare funding and the relationship between the physician and society. Choose one of the topics and compare and contrast it from the 1930 to modern day America.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1930s? Explain by giving examples.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)