|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
2. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
3. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
4. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
5. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Kingsley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author poses three important topics in the play: abortion, healthcare funding and the relationship between the physician and society. Choose one of the topics and compare and contrast it from the 1930 to modern day America.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Barbara. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)