|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
2. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
3. What would de-sterilize the surgical gowns?
4. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
5. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1930s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 3
Even though they are both young, single women, Laura and Barbara seem very different. Compare and contrast Laura and Barbara. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)