|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
2. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
3. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
4. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
5. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author poses three important topics in the play: abortion, healthcare funding and the relationship between the physician and society. Choose one of the topics and compare and contrast it from the 1930 to modern day America.
Essay Topic 2
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)