|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would de-sterilize the surgical gowns?
2. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
3. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
4. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
5. What does Ferguson respond when Laura asks if he had an affair with Barbara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Kingsley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
MEN IN WHITE is a classic story of remaining true to yourself. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category. Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of men in the 1930s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not have?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)