|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
2. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
3. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
4. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
5. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Dr. Hochberg. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the book is New York City in America during the height of the Great Depression. Explain how this affected people in America overall. Then drill down to explain how people in New York, and especially the hospital, were affected.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)