Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
2. What was Levine's father's profession?
3. Which of the following does Barbara NOT do after Ferguson leaves his office?
4. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
5. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 of MEN IN WHITE?
2. What is Hochberg's opinion of Ferguson's readiness to accept an associate's position?
3. How does Barbara's butchered abortion add to the ongoing discussion about medical care reform?
4. Describe the situation where Barbara has trouble with Dr. Cunningham regarding an insulin injection.
5. What role does Mary play in the situation in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. How does the author show that Barbara is enamored with Ferguson?
7. What is Hochberg's role with the other doctors and what advice does Levine give Ferguson about his experience with the man?
8. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
9. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
10. Describe the atmosphere in the play in Act 1, Scene 1.
Create a brief character study of Dr. Hochberg. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
Create a brief character study of Dr. Ferguson. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play MEN IN WHITE? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)