|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Levine's father's motto?
2. What does Ferguson have to do tonight that prevents his attending the party?
3. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
4. What does Dr. Cunningham order for the Smiths' daughter?
5. Which of the following does Barbara NOT do after Ferguson leaves his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Levine and how is he introduced in the play?
2. Why is Spencer unnerved about the rejection of a senator's son into the internship program?
3. What is the common bond that Ferguson and Barbara share?
4. What is Hochberg's opinion of Ferguson's readiness to accept an associate's position?
5. How does Ferguson learn that he was the father of Barbara's baby?
6. What shocking thing does Barbara say before she falls unconscious?
7. How does the author foreshadow the role of the doctors and their spouses in the opening scene of the play?
8. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
9. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 of MEN IN WHITE?
10. Describe the scenario where Ferguson saves Dorothy in spite of Cunningham.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Laura. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of conflict. Identify at least two themes about conflict in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Kingsley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)