|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) Illegal and criminal.
(b) Illegal but not criminal.
(c) A felony.
(d) A misdemeanor.
2. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
3. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She will faint.
(c) She is not sterile.
(d) She is not trained for this.
4. What does Hochberg project about Ferguson's acceptance of the board appointment?
(a) He may not accept it.
(b) He will flat out refuse it.
(c) He has already declined it.
(d) He has already accepted it.
5. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Attend a medical conference.
(b) Get some rest.
(c) Make arrangements for the operating room.
(d) Call Barbara's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
2. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
3. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
4. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
5. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)