|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
2. What does Ferguson respond when Laura asks if he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) It didn't mean anything.
(c) Let me explain.
3. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will support any decision he makes.
(b) She wants to go with him.
(c) She will miss him while he's gone.
(d) She will leave him.
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Emergency Room.
(b) The hospital library.
(c) Hilton Head golf course.
(d) The country club bar.
5. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) Office space is too expensive.
(b) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
(c) He doesn't have very good people skills.
(d) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
2. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
3. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who does Laura think she has offended by entering the hospital library?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)