|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Postpone his career.
(b) Change his area of study.
(c) Get married.
(d) Moved out of state.
2. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
3. Why is Ferguson paged?
(a) He is needed on a patient consultation.
(b) He is needed in the emergency room.
(c) His class is ready to begin.
(d) Dr. Cunningham is misdiagnosing insulin again.
4. What is Levine looking for when he comes in to see Ferguson?
(a) Directions to the party.
(b) Dr. Hochberg.
(c) The sputum test results.
(d) Research notes.
5. Which of the following is NOT destroying Mr. Hudson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the shabbily dressed young man?
2. Who enters the room as Barbara is preparing the insulin injection?
3. What does Dorothy ask for when she awakens?
4. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
5. With what is Dr. McCabe struggling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Laura so upset that Ferguson has to break their party plans for the evening?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 of MEN IN WHITE?
3. What is the dramatic point that is illuminated in Act 3?
4. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
5. Ferguson witnesses two extremes of the medical profession in Levine and Pete. Describe how the author provides contrast in these two characters.
6. How is Laura contrasted against Mrs. D'Andrea?
7. How does the author use Laura's transformation to drive home his theme?
8. What shocking information does Spencer reveal to Hochberg at the conclusion of the meeting/
9. How does Ferguson countermand Cunningham's orders for Dorothy's pain medication?
10. What is Hochberg's opinion of Ferguson's readiness to accept an associate's position?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)