|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
(a) A formal vest.
(b) A car.
(c) A parking pass.
(d) A research textbook.
2. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
(a) Join a better club.
(b) Go into private practice.
(c) Study law.
(d) Buy a big house.
3. What does Ferguson note about Dorothy as she drifts off to sleep?
(a) She has a surgical scar on her neck.
(b) Her breathing is too shallow.
(c) Her mouth is a bow shape.
(d) She has hair like Laura's.
4. What does Ferguson want another nurse to bring?
(a) Privacy papers.
(b) Security guard.
(c) A syringe of glucose.
(d) Clean linens.
5. Who is the student nurse who calls for a page for Ferguson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy ask for when she awakens?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Cunningham?
3. What does Ferguson advise Levine to do for his wife?
4. What does Laura know about Hochberg regarding his interns?
5. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ferguson try to appease Laura after breaking their party plans?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 of MEN IN WHITE?
3. In what ways does the author show that Ferguson's true calling is medicine?
4. What is the symbolism of Laura's grabbing Ferguson's arm, making him unsterile?
5. How does Spencer propose that they secure Hudson as an investor?
6. How does Hochberg try to tell Laura that Ferguson will not have much time for her if he is to become the excellent doctor he is capable of becoming?
7. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
8. How does the author show Hudson's personality type through his actions in the hospital room?
9. How does the author use Laura's transformation to drive home his theme?
10. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)