|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Change his area of study.
(b) Get married.
(c) Moved out of state.
(d) Postpone his career.
2. What does Dr. Hochberg think might spoil Dr. Gordon's wife's plans for tonight?
(a) He and Gordon meeting for dinner.
(b) Gordon going on a ski trip.
(c) Gordon taking a golf weekend.
(d) Gordon going out for drinks with his colleagues.
3. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
4. What is Levine looking for when he comes in to see Ferguson?
(a) The sputum test results.
(b) Dr. Hochberg.
(c) Research notes.
(d) Directions to the party.
5. What does Dr. Cunningham order for the Smiths' daughter?
(b) An insulin injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
2. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
4. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
5. Who is the student nurse who calls for a page for Ferguson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Barbara's butchered abortion add to the ongoing discussion about medical care reform?
2. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
3. What shocking thing does Barbara say before she falls unconscious?
4. How does Ferguson countermand Cunningham's orders for Dorothy's pain medication?
5. How does the author establish Ferguson's character in Act 1, Scene 3?
6. What happens that Cunningham threatens to have Ferguson brought up on disciplinary charges?
7. How does the author use Laura's transformation to drive home his theme?
8. What is the author's point in introducing Barbara into the story?
9. How does the author introduce the character of Laura into the play?
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 of MEN IN WHITE?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)