|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had ordered that the Smiths' daughter receive no more insulin?
2. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
(a) A formal vest.
(b) A car.
(c) A parking pass.
(d) A research textbook.
3. Dr. Levine was a former student of __________________.
(a) Dr. McCabe's.
(b) Dr. Gordon's.
(c) Dr. Hochberg's.
(d) Dr. Ferguson's.
4. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. McCormick.
(b) Dr. McCallister.
(c) Dr. Matthews.
(d) Dr. McCabe.
5. What do Mr. and Mrs. Smith tell Dr. Cunningham about their daughter?
(a) She has a heart condition.
(b) She has been very nauseous.
(c) She has collapsed.
(d) She is allergic to Sulfa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which doctor asks Dr. Hochberg for a consultation on a patient?
2. Who is the chief of surgery who comes in the room looking for one of the doctors?
3. Where does Laura say she is going as she prepares to leave Ferguson?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show the preparations for surgery in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. How is Laura contrasted against Mrs. D'Andrea?
3. What does Laura do when Ferguson tells her he had an affair with Barbara?
4. How does Hochberg try to tell Laura that Ferguson will not have much time for her if he is to become the excellent doctor he is capable of becoming?
5. What happens that Cunningham threatens to have Ferguson brought up on disciplinary charges?
6. What role does Mary play in the situation in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What is the symbolism of Laura's grabbing Ferguson's arm, making him unsterile?
8. Describe the scenario where Ferguson saves Dorothy in spite of Cunningham.
9. Describe the situation where Barbara has trouble with Dr. Cunningham regarding an insulin injection.
10. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)