|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Laura say she is going as she prepares to leave Ferguson?
(a) To the library.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To attend class.
(d) To get ready for the party tonight.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mental institution.
(b) Corporate headquarters.
(c) Large urban hospital.
(d) Bus station.
3. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
(a) She has to study for an exam.
(b) She has the night shift.
(c) She has a bad cold.
(d) She has really noisy neighbors.
4. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
(a) Dr. Ferguson.
(b) Dr. Hochberg.
(c) Dr. Levine.
(d) Dr. Gordon.
5. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
(a) To alert Ferguson about a patient.
(b) To ask if Ferguson wants coffee.
(c) To get study notes.
(d) To bring x-rays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
2. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
3. Cunningham tells Barbara ______________________.
4. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Ferguson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hochberg's role with the other doctors and what advice does Levine give Ferguson about his experience with the man?
2. How does Ferguson learn that he was the father of Barbara's baby?
3. How does Ferguson try to appease Laura after breaking their party plans?
4. In what ways does the author show that Ferguson's true calling is medicine?
5. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
6. Why is Spencer unnerved about the rejection of a senator's son into the internship program?
7. How does the author show Hudson's personality type through his actions in the hospital room?
8. What shocking thing does Barbara say before she falls unconscious?
9. What is the symbolism of Laura's grabbing Ferguson's arm, making him unsterile?
10. What can be gleaned from Ferguson's rhetorical question about why this bad situation with Barbara is happening to him?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)