|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Cunningham?
2. What does Ferguson have to do tonight that prevents his attending the party?
(a) Do a transfusion.
(b) Have dinner with Hochberg.
3. What does Ferguson note about Dorothy as she drifts off to sleep?
(a) Her mouth is a bow shape.
(b) She has hair like Laura's.
(c) Her breathing is too shallow.
(d) She has a surgical scar on her neck.
4. Which of the following does Barbara NOT do after Ferguson leaves his office?
(a) Waits for Ferguson to return.
(b) Puts the notes on the desk.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Sits on the bed.
5. What does Ferguson do when Cunningham orders him out of the room?
(a) He remains.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He hits him on the jaw.
(d) He pages Hochberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
2. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
3. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
4. What does Dorothy ask for when she awakens?
5. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Barbara is enamored with Ferguson?
2. What is Hochberg's role with the other doctors and what advice does Levine give Ferguson about his experience with the man?
3. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
4. How does the author use Laura's transformation to drive home his theme?
5. Why does Hochberg arrange for Laura to observe Ferguson in surgery?
6. How does Ferguson try to appease Laura after breaking their party plans?
7. Why is Spencer unnerved about the rejection of a senator's son into the internship program?
8. How does Barbara's butchered abortion add to the ongoing discussion about medical care reform?
9. How does the author show Hudson's personality type through his actions in the hospital room?
10. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)