|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hallowell.
(b) Mr. Hochberg.
(c) Mr. Huron.
(d) Mr. Hudson.
2. Who does Ferguson shout for down the hall?
(a) An orderly.
(c) Another nurse.
3. What is the shabbily dressed young man bringing for Mr. Hochberg?
(a) Phone messages.
(b) An x-ray.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) Lab results.
4. Who enters the room as Barbara is preparing the insulin injection?
5. Where does Laura say she is going as she prepares to leave Ferguson?
(a) To attend class.
(b) To the library.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To get ready for the party tonight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
2. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
3. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
4. What does Dr. Hochberg think might spoil Dr. Gordon's wife's plans for tonight?
5. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Levine and how is he introduced in the play?
2. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
3. How does Hochberg try to tell Laura that Ferguson will not have much time for her if he is to become the excellent doctor he is capable of becoming?
4. Why has Ferguson decided to go into private practice instead of studying with Hochberg?
5. How does Ferguson try to appease Laura after breaking their party plans?
6. What does Laura do when Ferguson tells her he had an affair with Barbara?
7. What does Levine reveal about his personal situation to Ferguson?
8. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 1 and what characters are involved as it begins?
9. In what ways does the author show that Ferguson's true calling is medicine?
10. What startling statement does Laura make to Ferguson about his work and their life together?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)