|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura tell Ferguson she is unhappy?
(a) They didn't get the house they wanted.
(b) She missed the big sale at Macy's.
(c) They are apart so much.
(d) Her wedding dress needs to be altered.
2. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
(c) Hockey puck.
3. With what disease is Levine's wife diagnosed?
4. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
5. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
(a) Being his worst golf partner.
(b) Being the best father-in-law-to-be.
(c) Being the hospital's best patient.
(d) Being too healthy to be taking up a hospital bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
2. What does Dr. Hochberg say about the young doctors?
3. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
4. Pete asks Ferguson to watch the floor while he leaves ______________________.
5. Who is Mr. Hudson's assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hochberg try to tell Laura that Ferguson will not have much time for her if he is to become the excellent doctor he is capable of becoming?
2. What is Hochberg's role with the other doctors and what advice does Levine give Ferguson about his experience with the man?
3. How is Laura's behavior in Act 3 so out of character for her?
4. What happens that Cunningham threatens to have Ferguson brought up on disciplinary charges?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 1 and what characters are involved as it begins?
6. What is the scope of the many distractions doctors face which pull them away from their work?
7. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
8. What is Hochberg's opinion of Ferguson's readiness to accept an associate's position?
9. What shocking information does Spencer reveal to Hochberg at the conclusion of the meeting/
10. Why is Laura so upset that Ferguson has to break their party plans for the evening?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)