|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The patient died.
(b) The patient has been discharged.
(c) The protocol for the patient has changed.
(d) The patient is much better.
2. What does Pete say was given to a patient he and Ferguson share?
(a) Not enough insulin.
(b) Too much morphine.
(c) Too much insulin.
(d) Too much antihistamine.
3. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Get married.
(b) Postpone his career.
(c) Change his area of study.
(d) Moved out of state.
4. Why does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura she can't see Ferguson?
(a) He's in surgery.
(b) He's on a patient consult.
(c) He's out today.
(d) He has clinic duty.
5. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hochberg.
(b) Mr. Hallowell.
(c) Mr. Hudson.
(d) Mr. Huron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
2. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
3. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
4. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
5. What does Mr. Hudson urge Laura and Ferguson to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scope of the many distractions doctors face which pull them away from their work?
2. How does the author show what could happen to Ferguson by revealing Levine's situation?
3. Describe the scenario where Ferguson saves Dorothy in spite of Cunningham.
4. Describe the atmosphere in the play in Act 1, Scene 1.
5. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
6. How does the author leave the reader with a feeling of ambiguity related to Barbara's behavior as Act 1, Scene 4 ends?
7. How does Laura chastise her father for smoking?
8. What are some of the other elements that are foreshadowed in this scene?
9. What is the setting of Act 3?
10. What does Laura do when Ferguson tells her he had an affair with Barbara?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)