|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferguson do when Cunningham orders him out of the room?
(a) He hits him on the jaw.
(b) He remains.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He pages Hochberg.
2. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
(a) Punch him out.
(b) Have him brought up on disciplinary charges.
(c) Have security remove him from the patient's room.
(d) Have him removed from the hospital.
3. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The patient died.
(b) The patient has been discharged.
(c) The patient is much better.
(d) The protocol for the patient has changed.
4. Who is the shabbily dressed young man?
(a) Dr. Leonard.
(b) Dr. Leopold.
(c) Dr. Levine.
(d) Dr. Levinson.
5. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Levine's father's motto?
2. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
3. What does Dorothy ask for when she awakens?
4. Why did Levine's mother disown him?
5. Who had ordered that the Smiths' daughter receive no more insulin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Laura positioned in the operating room?
2. What does Levine reveal about his personal situation to Ferguson?
3. Who is Levine and how is he introduced in the play?
4. How does the author show the preparations for surgery in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. How does the author show Hudson's personality type through his actions in the hospital room?
6. What is the scope of the many distractions doctors face which pull them away from their work?
7. What is Hochberg's role with the other doctors and what advice does Levine give Ferguson about his experience with the man?
8. What is the significance of the discussion about young doctors between Hochberg and McCabe?
9. How does the author introduce the character of Laura into the play?
10. What does the mention of Barbara's abortion foreshadow for Ferguson?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)