|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura she can't see Ferguson?
(a) He has clinic duty.
(b) He's on a patient consult.
(c) He's out today.
(d) He's in surgery.
2. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
(a) For indulging Laura.
(b) For working so much.
(c) For retiring.
(d) For getting remarried.
3. What does Dr. Hochberg ask Dr. Levine if he has brought in addition to the x-ray?
(a) A patient profile.
(b) A patient history.
(c) A sputum sample.
(d) Blood test results.
4. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
(a) Have him removed from the hospital.
(b) Have security remove him from the patient's room.
(c) Have him brought up on disciplinary charges.
(d) Punch him out.
5. What does Ferguson do when Cunningham orders him out of the room?
(a) He remains.
(b) He pages Hochberg.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He hits him on the jaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Cunningham?
3. Who does Ferguson shout for down the hall?
4. What do the men jokingly say that Pete prefers over romance?
5. What was Levine's father's motto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation where Barbara has trouble with Dr. Cunningham regarding an insulin injection.
2. How does the author introduce the character of Laura into the play?
3. How does Spencer propose that they secure Hudson as an investor?
4. What does the mention of Barbara's abortion foreshadow for Ferguson?
5. How does Ferguson learn that he was the father of Barbara's baby?
6. How has the Depression affected the hospital's financial situation?
7. Describe the scenario where Ferguson saves Dorothy in spite of Cunningham.
8. How does the author use Laura's transformation to drive home his theme?
9. What are the personal crises that Ferguson experiences in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. What role does Mary play in the situation in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)