|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Hochberg think might spoil Dr. Gordon's wife's plans for tonight?
(a) Gordon taking a golf weekend.
(b) Gordon going out for drinks with his colleagues.
(c) He and Gordon meeting for dinner.
(d) Gordon going on a ski trip.
2. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The patient is much better.
(b) The protocol for the patient has changed.
(c) The patient has been discharged.
(d) The patient died.
3. Who is the doctor who prescribed the incorrect dosage of medicine?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
(b) Dr. Crawford.
(c) Dr. Chesterton.
(d) Dr. Clark.
4. What is Levine looking for when he comes in to see Ferguson?
(a) Directions to the party.
(b) Research notes.
(c) The sputum test results.
(d) Dr. Hochberg.
5. Pete asks Ferguson to watch the floor while he leaves ______________________.
(a) To change clothes.
(b) To make a phone call.
(c) To get a sandwich.
(d) To take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Ferguson tease Laura about when he enters the room?
3. Who is the more senior nurse who enters Dorothy's room?
4. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
5. Why did Levine's mother disown him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Barbara is enamored with Ferguson?
2. How is Laura contrasted against Mrs. D'Andrea?
3. How does Ferguson learn that he was the father of Barbara's baby?
4. How does the author foreshadow the role of the doctors and their spouses in the opening scene of the play?
5. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
6. Who is Levine and how is he introduced in the play?
7. What does Levine reveal about his personal situation to Ferguson?
8. Why is Spencer unnerved about the rejection of a senator's son into the internship program?
9. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
10. How does Laura chastise her father for smoking?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)