|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The patient died.
(b) The patient has been discharged.
(c) The patient is much better.
(d) The protocol for the patient has changed.
2. What does Ferguson want another nurse to bring?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Clean linens.
(c) A syringe of glucose.
(d) Privacy papers.
3. Why does Laura get angry with her father?
(a) He has not given his blessing for her to get married.
(b) He has frozen her credit cards.
(c) He won't buy her a new car.
(d) He has been smoking again.
4. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
(a) To avoid the slow steady pain of constant separation.
(b) She is not ready to get married.
(c) She has found someone new.
(d) Ferguson is verbally abusive.
5. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
2. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
3. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
4. Who had ordered that the Smiths' daughter receive no more insulin?
5. What does Mr. Hudson urge Laura and Ferguson to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mary play in the situation in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. How is Laura contrasted against Mrs. D'Andrea?
3. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 1 and what characters are involved as it begins?
5. What does Laura do when Ferguson tells her he had an affair with Barbara?
6. Describe the atmosphere in the play in Act 1, Scene 1.
7. What shocking thing does Barbara say before she falls unconscious?
8. Describe the situation where Barbara has trouble with Dr. Cunningham regarding an insulin injection.
9. How does the author show that Barbara is enamored with Ferguson?
10. What is the author's point in introducing Barbara into the story?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)