|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) Medical schools.
(b) A procedure for a patient.
(c) Recent promotions.
(d) Golf scores.
2. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
(a) To bring x-rays.
(b) To alert Ferguson about a patient.
(c) To get study notes.
(d) To ask if Ferguson wants coffee.
3. What does Dr. Hochberg ask Dr. Levine if he has brought in addition to the x-ray?
(a) A patient profile.
(b) A patient history.
(c) A sputum sample.
(d) Blood test results.
4. Why does Laura get angry with her father?
(a) He has frozen her credit cards.
(b) He has not given his blessing for her to get married.
(c) He has been smoking again.
(d) He won't buy her a new car.
5. Pete asks Ferguson to watch the floor while he leaves ______________________.
(a) To change clothes.
(b) To get a sandwich.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To make a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medication does Cunningham order for Dorothy's pain?
2. What does Pete eat in Ferguson's office?
3. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
4. Why does Laura tell Ferguson she is unhappy?
5. What does Ferguson do when Cunningham orders him out of the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show what could happen to Ferguson by revealing Levine's situation?
2. How does the author leave the reader with a feeling of ambiguity related to Barbara's behavior as Act 1, Scene 4 ends?
3. What is Hochberg's role with the other doctors and what advice does Levine give Ferguson about his experience with the man?
4. What shocking information does Spencer reveal to Hochberg at the conclusion of the meeting/
5. How does the author begin to show Laura as a negative force in Ferguson's life?
6. What happens that Cunningham threatens to have Ferguson brought up on disciplinary charges?
7. How does the author introduce the character of Laura into the play?
8. What is the setting of Act 3?
9. How does Spencer propose that they secure Hudson as an investor?
10. What is the symbolism of Laura's grabbing Ferguson's arm, making him unsterile?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)