|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ferguson and Barbara do after discussing their lives in the medical field?
(a) Embrace and kiss.
(b) Make rounds together.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Study together.
2. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
(c) Hockey puck.
3. What do the men jokingly say that Pete prefers over romance?
4. Who had ordered that the Smiths' daughter receive no more insulin?
5. Which of the following is NOT destroying Mr. Hudson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete eat in Ferguson's office?
2. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
3. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
4. Who is the doctor who prescribed the incorrect dosage of medicine?
5. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader with a feeling of ambiguity related to Barbara's behavior as Act 1, Scene 4 ends?
2. Describe the scenario where Ferguson saves Dorothy in spite of Cunningham.
3. How does the author show that Barbara is enamored with Ferguson?
4. What is the significance of the discussion about young doctors between Hochberg and McCabe?
5. How does the author introduce the character of Laura into the play?
6. How does the author use Laura's transformation to drive home his theme?
7. What is the author's point in introducing Barbara into the story?
8. What is the scope of the many distractions doctors face which pull them away from their work?
9. How does the author show Hudson's personality type through his actions in the hospital room?
10. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)