|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferguson have to do tonight that prevents his attending the party?
(a) Have dinner with Hochberg.
(c) Do a transfusion.
2. With what disease is Levine's wife diagnosed?
3. What do Mr. and Mrs. Smith tell Dr. Cunningham about their daughter?
(a) She is allergic to Sulfa.
(b) She has been very nauseous.
(c) She has a heart condition.
(d) She has collapsed.
4. What does Ferguson say that doctors will have to give up in order to do what they have to do?
(a) Teaching assistants.
(c) Outside influences.
(d) Big caseloads.
5. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) Medical schools.
(b) A procedure for a patient.
(c) Golf scores.
(d) Recent promotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ferguson shout for down the hall?
2. What does Ferguson tease Laura about when he enters the room?
3. What does Ferguson do with the hypodermic of insulin?
4. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
5. Ferguson and Laura get into an argument on the phone about whether he should __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 of MEN IN WHITE?
2. How is Laura contrasted against Mrs. D'Andrea?
3. What does the mention of Barbara's abortion foreshadow for Ferguson?
4. What are the personal crises that Ferguson experiences in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
6. What shocking information does Spencer reveal to Hochberg at the conclusion of the meeting/
7. How does the author show what could happen to Ferguson by revealing Levine's situation?
8. How does Hochberg try to tell Laura that Ferguson will not have much time for her if he is to become the excellent doctor he is capable of becoming?
9. How does Ferguson learn that he was the father of Barbara's baby?
10. What startling statement does Laura make to Ferguson about his work and their life together?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)