|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ferguson paged?
(a) Dr. Cunningham is misdiagnosing insulin again.
(b) His class is ready to begin.
(c) He is needed on a patient consultation.
(d) He is needed in the emergency room.
2. What do Ferguson and Barbara do after discussing their lives in the medical field?
(a) Study together.
(b) Make rounds together.
(c) Embrace and kiss.
(d) Go out to dinner.
3. Ferguson's office also doubles as a ________________.
4. What does Ferguson say that doctors will have to give up in order to do what they have to do?
(a) Big caseloads.
(b) Teaching assistants.
(d) Outside influences.
5. What is the shabbily dressed young man bringing for Mr. Hochberg?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) Lab results.
(c) Phone messages.
(d) An x-ray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hudson ask the nurse to bring along with them?
2. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
3. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
4. Who is the shabbily dressed young man?
5. Which doctor asks Dr. Hochberg for a consultation on a patient?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Depression affected the hospital's financial situation?
2. How is Laura's behavior in Act 3 so out of character for her?
3. What shocking information does Spencer reveal to Hochberg at the conclusion of the meeting/
4. How does the author establish the upcoming conflict between Ferguson and Cunningham?
5. What is the setting of Act 3?
6. What is the dramatic point that is illuminated in Act 3?
7. What is the significance of the discussion about young doctors between Hochberg and McCabe?
8. Describe the romantic conversation between Ferguson and Laura about how much they care for each other.
9. How does Spencer propose that they secure Hudson as an investor?
10. Describe the situation where Barbara has trouble with Dr. Cunningham regarding an insulin injection.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)