|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Levine's father's profession?
2. Who is the student nurse who calls for a page for Ferguson?
3. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. McCabe.
(b) Dr. Matthews.
(c) Dr. McCormick.
(d) Dr. McCallister.
4. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
(a) Go into private practice.
(b) Buy a big house.
(c) Join a better club.
(d) Study law.
5. What does Ferguson want another nurse to bring?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Clean linens.
(c) A syringe of glucose.
(d) Privacy papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Barbara to reassure her?
2. What is the name of Dr. Ferguson's fiancee?
3. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
4. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
5. Which doctor asks Dr. Hochberg for a consultation on a patient?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scope of the many distractions doctors face which pull them away from their work?
2. What can be gleaned from Ferguson's rhetorical question about why this bad situation with Barbara is happening to him?
3. What is the significance of the discussion about young doctors between Hochberg and McCabe?
4. How does the author begin to show Laura as a negative force in Ferguson's life?
5. What are some of the other elements that are foreshadowed in this scene?
6. What startling statement does Laura make to Ferguson about his work and their life together?
7. Why is Laura so upset that Ferguson has to break their party plans for the evening?
8. How does Hochberg try to tell Laura that Ferguson will not have much time for her if he is to become the excellent doctor he is capable of becoming?
9. How is Laura contrasted against Mrs. D'Andrea?
10. How was abortion viewed in the 1930s when MEN IN WHITE was written?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)