|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
2. Who wanted Ferguson's help with a procedure today?
3. What surprises Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) The music.
(b) The bright lights.
(c) Laura's attendance.
(d) The cold temperature.
4. Hochberg tells Ferguson that Ferguson has every right to ______________________.
(a) Live his life the way he wants to.
(b) Marry Laura.
(c) Marry someone other than Laura.
(d) Change careers.
5. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He would have performed the abortion himself.
(b) He never would have let the abortion happen.
(c) He would have paid for the abortion.
(d) He would have married Barbara.
6. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Privacy laws.
(b) Doctors' interests.
(c) Patients' rights laws.
(d) Public relations efforts.
7. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She may start talking again.
(b) She will need to be restrained.
(c) She is in a coma.
(d) She will probably scream.
8. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Scrub their hands.
(b) Send text messages.
(c) Prepare instruments.
(d) Put on sterile gowns.
9. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
10. What do the doctors make jokes about during the meeting?
(a) The lack of Christmas bonuses this year.
(b) How they will soon have to wash out bandages and reuse them.
(c) How the coffee is just tan water.
(d) How difficult it is to collect fees.
11. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
(a) A position on the hospital board.
(b) Ferguson being offered an associate's position.
(c) Laura being offered a job in the administrative offices.
(d) A wing built in his name.
12. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She got hit by a car.
(b) She got a speeding ticket.
(c) Her apartment flooded.
(d) She was fired from her job.
13. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
(b) Cries and runs out of the room.
(c) Screams at him.
(d) Slaps him.
14. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) A felony.
(b) Illegal but not criminal.
(c) A misdemeanor.
(d) Illegal and criminal.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
2. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
3. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
4. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
5. Who has shown interest in investing in the hospital?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)