|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) She is a clingy woman.
(b) She need to get his attention desperately.
(c) She is a desperate woman.
(d) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
2. What does Laura say she wants her life with Ferguson to be?
(c) Full and beautiful.
(d) Simple and quiet.
3. What would de-sterilize the surgical gowns?
(a) Sharing them.
(b) Ironing them.
(c) Hanging them in a closet.
(d) Folding them.
4. What does Ferguson respond when Laura asks if he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) Let me explain.
(d) It didn't mean anything.
5. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She wants to go with him.
(b) She will miss him while he's gone.
(c) She will leave him.
(d) She will support any decision he makes.
6. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
7. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She was fired from her job.
(b) She got hit by a car.
(c) She got a speeding ticket.
(d) Her apartment flooded.
8. For whom had Barbara asked before lapsing into unconsciousness?
(d) Her mother.
9. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
(a) Until next year.
(b) Because they are already running lean.
(c) Without compromising services.
(d) Without cutting staff.
10. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He would have married Barbara.
(b) He would have performed the abortion himself.
(c) He would have paid for the abortion.
(d) He never would have let the abortion happen.
11. The first part of Act 2, Scene 4 is a demonstration of what?
(a) Driving techniques.
(b) Dance instruction.
(c) Medical procedure.
(d) Gambling techniques.
12. Who does Laura think she has offended by entering the hospital library?
13. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
(b) A med student.
14. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
(a) Just a few minutes ago.
(b) A couple weeks ago.
(c) She didn't know any details like that.
(d) When Barbara was admitted last night.
15. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(b) He is studying in Vienna.
(c) He is out sick.
(d) He is vacationing in Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
2. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
3. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
4. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
5. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)