|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) He is in love with Laura.
(c) It didn't mean anything.
(d) He is in love with Barbara.
2. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
(a) It makes her feel important.
(b) It is wrinkled.
(c) It is tight.
(d) It is too long.
3. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She is not sterile.
(c) She is not trained for this.
(d) She will faint.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
5. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
6. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) He doesn't have very good people skills.
(b) Office space is too expensive.
(c) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(d) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
7. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
(a) Until next year.
(b) Without compromising services.
(c) Without cutting staff.
(d) Because they are already running lean.
8. What do the doctors make jokes about during the meeting?
(a) How difficult it is to collect fees.
(b) How the coffee is just tan water.
(c) How they will soon have to wash out bandages and reuse them.
(d) The lack of Christmas bonuses this year.
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The corridor outside Barbara's hospital room.
(b) The hospital library.
(c) The hospital emergency room.
(d) The cafe across the street from the hospital.
10. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Call Barbara's family.
(b) Make arrangements for the operating room.
(c) Attend a medical conference.
(d) Get some rest.
11. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
(b) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(c) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
(d) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
12. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
13. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Privacy laws.
(b) Doctors' interests.
(c) Public relations efforts.
(d) Patients' rights laws.
14. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
15. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
(b) Critical Care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
2. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
3. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
4. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
5. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)