|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It is tight.
(c) It is wrinkled.
(d) It makes her feel important.
2. What does Hochberg tell Mary to do?
(a) Notify Barbara's family and friends of her condition.
(b) Assist him in surgery.
(c) Cancel his dinner reservation.
(d) Make arrangements for the operating room.
3. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
4. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
(a) Backs away from her.
(b) Pulls off his gloves.
(c) Rips off his gown.
(d) Embraces her.
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The cafe across the street from the hospital.
(b) The hospital library.
(c) The corridor outside Barbara's hospital room.
(d) The hospital emergency room.
6. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
(a) Mrs. Sabatino.
(b) Mrs. D'Andrea.
(c) Mrs. Sarducci.
(d) Mrs. Soprano.
7. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She will probably scream.
(b) She is in a coma.
(c) She will need to be restrained.
(d) She may start talking again.
8. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
9. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Patients' rights laws.
(b) Privacy laws.
(c) Public relations efforts.
(d) Doctors' interests.
10. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He never would have let the abortion happen.
(b) He would have performed the abortion himself.
(c) He would have paid for the abortion.
(d) He would have married Barbara.
11. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(b) He is vacationing in Montana.
(c) He is studying in Vienna.
(d) He is out sick.
12. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
13. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
(a) Levine's termination.
(b) The hospital expansion plans.
(c) The hospital's financial situation.
(d) Ferguson's promotion.
14. Who does Laura think she has offended by entering the hospital library?
15. What national event is affecting everyone in America at this time?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hochberg tells Ferguson that Ferguson has every right to ______________________.
2. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
3. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
4. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
5. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)