|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors make jokes about during the meeting?
(a) How the coffee is just tan water.
(b) How they will soon have to wash out bandages and reuse them.
(c) The lack of Christmas bonuses this year.
(d) How difficult it is to collect fees.
2. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
(a) They have the most exciting profession available.
(b) They live longer because they have access to meds and procedures.
(c) Most of them die young.
(d) They are in it only for the money.
3. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
(a) Laura being offered a job in the administrative offices.
(b) Ferguson being offered an associate's position.
(c) A position on the hospital board.
(d) A wing built in his name.
4. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
5. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Scrub their hands.
(b) Send text messages.
(c) Prepare instruments.
(d) Put on sterile gowns.
6. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
(d) Critical Care.
7. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
(a) In the patient's room.
(b) On a stool near the operating table.
(c) In Ferguson's office.
(d) In the waiting room.
8. Hochberg tells Ferguson that Ferguson has every right to ______________________.
(a) Marry someone other than Laura.
(b) Change careers.
(c) Live his life the way he wants to.
(d) Marry Laura.
9. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three hours.
10. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) She is a clingy woman.
(b) She is a desperate woman.
(c) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
(d) She need to get his attention desperately.
11. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
(a) Screams at him.
(b) Slaps him.
(d) Cries and runs out of the room.
12. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
13. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is vacationing in Montana.
(b) He is studying in Vienna.
(c) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(d) He is out sick.
14. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
15. How do the board members react to Hochberg's timetable for Ferguson?
(a) They accept it.
(b) They have some reservations about it.
(c) They refuse to discuss it anymore.
(d) They are outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
2. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
4. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
5. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)