|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) He is in love with Barbara.
(c) It didn't mean anything.
(d) He is in love with Laura.
2. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
(d) Mrs. D'Andrea's son.
3. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
4. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
(a) When Barbara was admitted last night.
(b) Just a few minutes ago.
(c) She didn't know any details like that.
(d) A couple weeks ago.
5. What does Laura say she wants her life with Ferguson to be?
(a) Simple and quiet.
(b) Full and beautiful.
6. What does Hochberg tell Mary to do?
(a) Notify Barbara's family and friends of her condition.
(b) Cancel his dinner reservation.
(c) Assist him in surgery.
(d) Make arrangements for the operating room.
7. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
(a) Why she didn't tell him she needed help.
(b) Why she didn't want to keep the baby.
(c) Why she didn't go to another hospital.
(d) Why she couldn't keep away from him.
8. For whom had Barbara asked before lapsing into unconsciousness?
(a) Her mother.
9. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
(a) He jerks away from her.
(b) He tells her to get out.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) His sterile garments are now unsterile.
10. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Screams at him.
(d) Cries and runs out of the room.
11. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
(b) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(c) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
(d) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
12. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
13. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The hospital library.
(b) The country club bar.
(c) Hilton Head golf course.
(d) Emergency Room.
14. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
(a) A med student.
15. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She got hit by a car.
(b) She was fired from her job.
(c) She got a speeding ticket.
(d) Her apartment flooded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset that his son has not been named an intern at the hospital?
2. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
3. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
4. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
5. Which of the following does Laura NOT say about her father and Hochberg.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)