|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Put on sterile gowns.
(b) Scrub their hands.
(c) Prepare instruments.
(d) Send text messages.
2. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She doesn't know where she is.
(c) She is glad he is doing the surgery.
(d) She is frightened.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
4. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
(a) Why she didn't want to keep the baby.
(b) Why she didn't tell him she needed help.
(c) Why she couldn't keep away from him.
(d) Why she didn't go to another hospital.
5. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Hilton Head golf course.
(b) The hospital library.
(c) The country club bar.
(d) Emergency Room.
7. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
8. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
(a) Pulls off his gloves.
(b) Rips off his gown.
(c) Backs away from her.
(d) Embraces her.
9. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
(a) It is wrinkled.
(b) It is tight.
(c) It makes her feel important.
(d) It is too long.
10. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
(a) Laura dumped him.
(b) One of his patients died.
(c) Spencer had talked to him about the administrative job.
(d) His home loan didn't go through.
11. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(b) He is studying in Vienna.
(c) He is vacationing in Montana.
(d) He is out sick.
12. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
(a) A wing built in his name.
(b) Laura being offered a job in the administrative offices.
(c) A position on the hospital board.
(d) Ferguson being offered an associate's position.
13. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The cafe across the street from the hospital.
(b) The hospital library.
(c) The hospital emergency room.
(d) The corridor outside Barbara's hospital room.
14. Who is upset that his son has not been named an intern at the hospital?
(a) A senator.
(b) The governor.
15. How do the board members react to Hochberg's timetable for Ferguson?
(a) They refuse to discuss it anymore.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They have some reservations about it.
(d) They accept it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national event is affecting everyone in America at this time?
2. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
3. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
4. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
5. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)