|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
2. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
(b) Mrs. D'Andrea's son.
3. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She may start talking again.
(b) She will probably scream.
(c) She is in a coma.
(d) She will need to be restrained.
4. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
(a) Because they are already running lean.
(b) Without compromising services.
(c) Until next year.
(d) Without cutting staff.
5. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
(c) A med student.
6. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
7. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
(a) They have the most exciting profession available.
(b) They live longer because they have access to meds and procedures.
(c) Most of them die young.
(d) They are in it only for the money.
8. Which of the following does Laura NOT say about her father and Hochberg.
(a) They are colorless.
(b) They are vivacious.
(c) They are flat.
(d) They have no outside interests.
9. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
(a) Research and grants.
(b) Privacy concerns.
(c) Money and prestige.
(d) Public relations efforts.
10. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Put on sterile gowns.
(b) Send text messages.
(c) Prepare instruments.
(d) Scrub their hands.
11. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She doesn't know where she is.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is glad he is doing the surgery.
12. What national event is affecting everyone in America at this time?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War I.
13. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
(a) His home loan didn't go through.
(b) Laura dumped him.
(c) One of his patients died.
(d) Spencer had talked to him about the administrative job.
14. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
(a) The hospital expansion plans.
(b) Levine's termination.
(c) Ferguson's promotion.
(d) The hospital's financial situation.
15. Ferguson tells Laura that ____________ is all McCabe lives for.
(d) Fine dining.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has shown interest in investing in the hospital?
2. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
3. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who wanted Ferguson's help with a procedure today?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)