|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She doesn't know where she is.
(c) She is glad he is doing the surgery.
(d) She is frightened.
2. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Privacy laws.
(b) Doctors' interests.
(c) Patients' rights laws.
(d) Public relations efforts.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Hilton Head golf course.
(b) The country club bar.
(c) Emergency Room.
(d) The hospital library.
4. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
5. What decision of Ferguson's does Hochberg question?
(a) Honeymooning in Europe.
(b) Taking the job offered by the hospital board.
(c) Marrying Laura.
(d) Buying a new car.
6. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
(a) Mrs. Soprano.
(b) Mrs. D'Andrea.
(c) Mrs. Sarducci.
(d) Mrs. Sabatino.
7. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Make arrangements for the operating room.
(b) Call Barbara's family.
(c) Get some rest.
(d) Attend a medical conference.
8. Which of the following does Laura NOT say about her father and Hochberg.
(a) They have no outside interests.
(b) They are flat.
(c) They are vivacious.
(d) They are colorless.
9. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She will need to be restrained.
(b) She may start talking again.
(c) She is in a coma.
(d) She will probably scream.
10. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will leave him.
(b) She wants to go with him.
(c) She will miss him while he's gone.
(d) She will support any decision he makes.
11. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She got hit by a car.
(b) She got a speeding ticket.
(c) Her apartment flooded.
(d) She was fired from her job.
12. What national event is affecting everyone in America at this time?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War II.
13. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
(b) She is a clingy woman.
(c) She is a desperate woman.
(d) She need to get his attention desperately.
14. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
(a) They have the most exciting profession available.
(b) Most of them die young.
(c) They are in it only for the money.
(d) They live longer because they have access to meds and procedures.
15. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
(a) Without compromising services.
(b) Until next year.
(c) Without cutting staff.
(d) Because they are already running lean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
2. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
3. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
4. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
5. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)