|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) His sterile garments are now unsterile.
(c) He tells her to get out.
(d) He jerks away from her.
2. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
(a) Five or six years.
(b) Five or six weeks.
(c) Five or six months.
(d) Ten years.
3. What does Barbara tell Ferguson before she falls unconscious?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She doesn't know where she is.
(d) She is glad he is doing the surgery.
4. Hochberg tells Ferguson that Ferguson has every right to ______________________.
(a) Live his life the way he wants to.
(b) Marry Laura.
(c) Change careers.
(d) Marry someone other than Laura.
5. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
(a) His home loan didn't go through.
(b) One of his patients died.
(c) Laura dumped him.
(d) Spencer had talked to him about the administrative job.
6. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
(b) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(c) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
(d) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
7. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
(a) Research and grants.
(b) Privacy concerns.
(c) Public relations efforts.
(d) Money and prestige.
8. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
9. What does Pete tell Laura about the lives of doctors?
(a) Most of them die young.
(b) They live longer because they have access to meds and procedures.
(c) They have the most exciting profession available.
(d) They are in it only for the money.
10. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) Office space is too expensive.
(b) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(c) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
(d) He doesn't have very good people skills.
11. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) A felony.
(b) Illegal but not criminal.
(c) Illegal and criminal.
(d) A misdemeanor.
12. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is vacationing in Montana.
(b) He is studying in Vienna.
(c) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(d) He is out sick.
13. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Make arrangements for the operating room.
(b) Call Barbara's family.
(c) Attend a medical conference.
(d) Get some rest.
14. What does Laura say she wants her life with Ferguson to be?
(a) Simple and quiet.
(d) Full and beautiful.
15. Who has shown interest in investing in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Hochberg.
(b) Mr. Hudson.
(c) Mrs. Levine.
(d) Dr. Ferguson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hochberg project about Ferguson's acceptance of the board appointment?
2. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
3. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
4. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
5. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)