|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is vacationing in Montana.
(b) He is studying in Vienna.
(c) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(d) He is out sick.
2. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five or six weeks.
(c) Five or six months.
(d) Five or six years.
3. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) She will faint.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) She is not sterile.
(d) She is not trained for this.
4. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
(a) His home loan didn't go through.
(b) Spencer had talked to him about the administrative job.
(c) One of his patients died.
(d) Laura dumped him.
5. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
(a) Rips off his gown.
(b) Embraces her.
(c) Backs away from her.
(d) Pulls off his gloves.
6. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He would have married Barbara.
(b) He would have performed the abortion himself.
(c) He would have paid for the abortion.
(d) He never would have let the abortion happen.
7. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
(a) A wing built in his name.
(b) Ferguson being offered an associate's position.
(c) Laura being offered a job in the administrative offices.
(d) A position on the hospital board.
8. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
(a) In the waiting room.
(b) In Ferguson's office.
(c) In the patient's room.
(d) On a stool near the operating table.
9. What national event is affecting everyone in America at this time?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War II.
10. What do the doctors make jokes about during the meeting?
(a) How difficult it is to collect fees.
(b) The lack of Christmas bonuses this year.
(c) How the coffee is just tan water.
(d) How they will soon have to wash out bandages and reuse them.
11. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She may start talking again.
(b) She will need to be restrained.
(c) She will probably scream.
(d) She is in a coma.
12. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
13. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
14. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
(c) Christmas party.
(d) Public relations.
15. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The hospital library.
(b) Emergency Room.
(c) Hilton Head golf course.
(d) The country club bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
3. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
4. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
5. Ferguson tells Laura that ____________ is all McCabe lives for.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)