|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
2. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
(a) Mrs. D'Andrea's son.
3. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
4. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
(a) Money and prestige.
(b) Privacy concerns.
(c) Research and grants.
(d) Public relations efforts.
5. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
(a) Screams at him.
(c) Cries and runs out of the room.
(d) Slaps him.
6. What surprises Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) The cold temperature.
(b) The bright lights.
(c) The music.
(d) Laura's attendance.
7. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She wants to go with him.
(b) She will leave him.
(c) She will support any decision he makes.
(d) She will miss him while he's gone.
8. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(b) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
(c) Office space is too expensive.
(d) He doesn't have very good people skills.
9. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
(a) His sterile garments are now unsterile.
(b) He tells her to get out.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He jerks away from her.
10. Where does Hochberg order Laura to stay?
(a) In the waiting room.
(b) In the corner.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the observation booth.
11. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) Illegal but not criminal.
(b) A felony.
(c) A misdemeanor.
(d) Illegal and criminal.
12. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) He is in love with Laura.
(b) He is in love with Barbara.
(c) It didn't mean anything.
(d) He is sorry.
13. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
14. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
15. For whom had Barbara asked before lapsing into unconsciousness?
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
2. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
3. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
4. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
5. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)