|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say she wants her life with Ferguson to be?
(b) Full and beautiful.
(d) Simple and quiet.
2. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
3. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
(d) Critical Care.
4. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
(a) The hospital's financial situation.
(b) Ferguson's promotion.
(c) The hospital expansion plans.
(d) Levine's termination.
5. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Prepare instruments.
(b) Send text messages.
(c) Scrub their hands.
(d) Put on sterile gowns.
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Emergency Room.
(b) Hilton Head golf course.
(c) The country club bar.
(d) The hospital library.
7. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will miss him while he's gone.
(b) She will leave him.
(c) She will support any decision he makes.
(d) She wants to go with him.
8. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
(a) A couple weeks ago.
(b) She didn't know any details like that.
(c) When Barbara was admitted last night.
(d) Just a few minutes ago.
9. What does Ferguson respond when Laura asks if he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) It didn't mean anything.
(c) Let me explain.
10. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
11. What decision of Ferguson's does Hochberg question?
(a) Taking the job offered by the hospital board.
(b) Buying a new car.
(c) Marrying Laura.
(d) Honeymooning in Europe.
12. For whom had Barbara asked before lapsing into unconsciousness?
(c) Her mother.
13. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five or six years.
(c) Five or six weeks.
(d) Five or six months.
14. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) She is a desperate woman.
(b) She need to get his attention desperately.
(c) She is a clingy woman.
(d) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
15. What surprises Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) Laura's attendance.
(b) The music.
(c) The cold temperature.
(d) The bright lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national event is affecting everyone in America at this time?
2. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
3. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
4. What does Hochberg project about Ferguson's acceptance of the board appointment?
5. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)