|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
(a) Without cutting staff.
(b) Without compromising services.
(c) Until next year.
(d) Because they are already running lean.
2. Who does Laura think she has offended by entering the hospital library?
3. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Put on sterile gowns.
(b) Prepare instruments.
(c) Send text messages.
(d) Scrub their hands.
4. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
(a) In the waiting room.
(b) In the patient's room.
(c) On a stool near the operating table.
(d) In Ferguson's office.
5. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Doctors' interests.
(b) Privacy laws.
(c) Patients' rights laws.
(d) Public relations efforts.
6. Who wanted Ferguson's help with a procedure today?
7. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) She is not trained for this.
(b) She is not sterile.
(c) She will faint.
(d) She talks too much.
8. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
(a) Backs away from her.
(b) Pulls off his gloves.
(c) Embraces her.
(d) Rips off his gown.
9. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She got a speeding ticket.
(b) She got hit by a car.
(c) Her apartment flooded.
(d) She was fired from her job.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
11. The first part of Act 2, Scene 4 is a demonstration of what?
(a) Driving techniques.
(b) Gambling techniques.
(c) Medical procedure.
(d) Dance instruction.
12. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(b) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
(c) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
(d) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
13. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
(a) Why she didn't go to another hospital.
(b) Why she didn't want to keep the baby.
(c) Why she didn't tell him she needed help.
(d) Why she couldn't keep away from him.
14. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She will need to be restrained.
(b) She may start talking again.
(c) She is in a coma.
(d) She will probably scream.
15. What does Ferguson respond when Laura asks if he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) Let me explain.
(c) It didn't mean anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
2. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
3. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
4. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
5. What surprises Ferguson in the operating room?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)