|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
2. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He would have paid for the abortion.
(b) He never would have let the abortion happen.
(c) He would have married Barbara.
(d) He would have performed the abortion himself.
3. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
(a) He is in love with Laura.
(b) It didn't mean anything.
(c) He is sorry.
(d) He is in love with Barbara.
4. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) She is a desperate woman.
(b) She is a clingy woman.
(c) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
(d) She need to get his attention desperately.
5. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
(a) It is wrinkled.
(b) It is tight.
(c) It makes her feel important.
(d) It is too long.
6. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
(a) Money and prestige.
(b) Research and grants.
(c) Privacy concerns.
(d) Public relations efforts.
7. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
(b) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(c) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
(d) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
8. What do the doctors make jokes about during the meeting?
(a) How the coffee is just tan water.
(b) The lack of Christmas bonuses this year.
(c) How difficult it is to collect fees.
(d) How they will soon have to wash out bandages and reuse them.
9. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
(d) A med student.
10. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Public relations efforts.
(b) Doctors' interests.
(c) Privacy laws.
(d) Patients' rights laws.
11. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The country club bar.
(b) Emergency Room.
(c) Hilton Head golf course.
(d) The hospital library.
12. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She will probably scream.
(b) She is in a coma.
(c) She will need to be restrained.
(d) She may start talking again.
13. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) A felony.
(b) A misdemeanor.
(c) Illegal but not criminal.
(d) Illegal and criminal.
14. The first part of Act 2, Scene 4 is a demonstration of what?
(a) Dance instruction.
(b) Gambling techniques.
(c) Driving techniques.
(d) Medical procedure.
15. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
(a) Five or six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five or six weeks.
(d) Five or six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
2. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who wanted Ferguson's help with a procedure today?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
5. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)