|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hochberg project about Ferguson's acceptance of the board appointment?
(a) He may not accept it.
(b) He has already declined it.
(c) He will flat out refuse it.
(d) He has already accepted it.
2. Which of the following does Laura NOT say about her father and Hochberg.
(a) They are flat.
(b) They are colorless.
(c) They are vivacious.
(d) They have no outside interests.
3. The first part of Act 2, Scene 4 is a demonstration of what?
(a) Driving techniques.
(b) Gambling techniques.
(c) Dance instruction.
(d) Medical procedure.
4. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
(a) A couple weeks ago.
(b) Just a few minutes ago.
(c) When Barbara was admitted last night.
(d) She didn't know any details like that.
5. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(b) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
(c) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
(d) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
6. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
7. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She will probably scream.
(b) She is in a coma.
(c) She will need to be restrained.
(d) She may start talking again.
8. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
(a) Rips off his gown.
(b) Embraces her.
(c) Pulls off his gloves.
(d) Backs away from her.
9. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
10. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) Office space is too expensive.
(b) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
(c) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(d) He doesn't have very good people skills.
11. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Send text messages.
(b) Prepare instruments.
(c) Scrub their hands.
(d) Put on sterile gowns.
12. Where does Hochberg order Laura to stay?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the corner.
(c) In the waiting room.
(d) In the observation booth.
13. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
(a) Public relations efforts.
(b) Research and grants.
(c) Privacy concerns.
(d) Money and prestige.
14. What do the two nurses say that Laura must be?
(c) A med student.
15. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) Illegal but not criminal.
(b) A felony.
(c) Illegal and criminal.
(d) A misdemeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
2. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
3. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
4. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)