|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
(a) Gall bladder disease.
(b) Auto accident.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) An infection due to a botched abortion.
2. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
3. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
(b) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
(c) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
(d) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
4. The first part of Act 2, Scene 4 is a demonstration of what?
(a) Dance instruction.
(b) Medical procedure.
(c) Gambling techniques.
(d) Driving techniques.
5. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
6. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will leave him.
(b) She wants to go with him.
(c) She will support any decision he makes.
(d) She will miss him while he's gone.
7. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
8. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
9. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Get some rest.
(b) Attend a medical conference.
(c) Make arrangements for the operating room.
(d) Call Barbara's family.
10. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
11. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
12. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
(a) In Ferguson's office.
(b) In the patient's room.
(c) On a stool near the operating table.
(d) In the waiting room.
13. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
(a) Mrs. D'Andrea.
(b) Mrs. Sarducci.
(c) Mrs. Sabatino.
(d) Mrs. Soprano.
14. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) Office space is too expensive.
(b) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(c) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
(d) He doesn't have very good people skills.
15. How was abortion viewed during the time this play was written in the 1930s?
(a) A misdemeanor.
(b) Illegal and criminal.
(c) Illegal but not criminal.
(d) A felony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted Ferguson's help with a procedure today?
2. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
3. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
4. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
5. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)