|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other topic is on the agenda for the board meeting?
(b) Public relations.
(d) Christmas party.
2. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
(a) Why she didn't want to keep the baby.
(b) Why she didn't tell him she needed help.
(c) Why she couldn't keep away from him.
(d) Why she didn't go to another hospital.
3. The hospital must balance financial responsibilities and ________________.
(a) Patients' rights laws.
(b) Privacy laws.
(c) Public relations efforts.
(d) Doctors' interests.
4. How do the board members react to Hochberg's timetable for Ferguson?
(a) They accept it.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They refuse to discuss it anymore.
(d) They have some reservations about it.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
6. Ferguson tells Laura that ____________ is all McCabe lives for.
(a) Fine dining.
7. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He never would have let the abortion happen.
(b) He would have paid for the abortion.
(c) He would have married Barbara.
(d) He would have performed the abortion himself.
8. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Get some rest.
(b) Call Barbara's family.
(c) Attend a medical conference.
(d) Make arrangements for the operating room.
9. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
(a) It makes her feel important.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is tight.
(d) It is wrinkled.
10. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) Office space is too expensive.
(b) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(c) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
(d) He doesn't have very good people skills.
11. Where does Hochberg order Laura to stay?
(a) In the corner.
(b) In the observation booth.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the waiting room.
12. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
(a) She didn't know any details like that.
(b) A couple weeks ago.
(c) When Barbara was admitted last night.
(d) Just a few minutes ago.
13. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
14. Who hesitates before entering the hospital library?
15. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary knows that ______________ was the father of Barbara's baby.
2. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
3. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
4. What procedure does Hochberg say is Barbara's only hope for survival?
5. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)