|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the hospital employee need surgery?
(a) Auto accident.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) An infection due to a botched abortion.
(d) Gall bladder disease.
2. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
(a) Money and prestige.
(b) Research and grants.
(c) Public relations efforts.
(d) Privacy concerns.
3. For whom had Barbara asked before lapsing into unconsciousness?
(b) Her mother.
4. Which character has the most empathy for everyone involved in the situation regarding the abortion?
5. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
(d) Mrs. D'Andrea's son.
6. What does Hochberg call the person who performed Barbara's abortion?
7. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three months.
8. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
(a) Office space is too expensive.
(b) It will limit his potential to be a good surgeon.
(c) He doesn't have very good people skills.
(d) Malpractice insurance is too costly.
9. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
(a) Levine's termination.
(b) The hospital expansion plans.
(c) The hospital's financial situation.
(d) Ferguson's promotion.
10. How long does Hochberg suggest that Ferguson will be ready for an associate's position?
(a) Five or six years.
(b) Five or six weeks.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five or six months.
11. What decision of Ferguson's does Hochberg question?
(a) Honeymooning in Europe.
(b) Taking the job offered by the hospital board.
(c) Buying a new car.
(d) Marrying Laura.
12. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
(a) He never would have let the abortion happen.
(b) He would have married Barbara.
(c) He would have paid for the abortion.
(d) He would have performed the abortion himself.
13. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She got hit by a car.
(b) She got a speeding ticket.
(c) She was fired from her job.
(d) Her apartment flooded.
14. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
(a) In Ferguson's office.
(b) On a stool near the operating table.
(c) In the waiting room.
(d) In the patient's room.
15. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
(a) Buying a house.
(c) A new car.
(d) His wedding reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
2. Hochberg and some of the other doctors say they can't cut expenses ___________________________.
3. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
4. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
5. What does Ferguson tell Laura when she realizes he had an affair with Barbara?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)