|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has shown interest in investing in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Ferguson.
(b) Mrs. Levine.
(c) Dr. Hochberg.
(d) Mr. Hudson.
2. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) She is a clingy woman.
(b) She need to get his attention desperately.
(c) She is a desperate woman.
(d) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
3. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
(a) She doesn't say.
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The hospital library.
(b) Hilton Head golf course.
(c) The country club bar.
(d) Emergency Room.
5. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
(a) Ferguson would be a good appointment and good PR for the hospital.
(b) They need Hudson's financial support for the hospital.
(c) Ferguson would be wasted in research.
(d) Ferguson has the most potential of all the candidates.
6. What does Laura say about the surgical gown she wears?
(a) It is wrinkled.
(b) It is tight.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It makes her feel important.
7. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
(a) Buying a house.
(c) His wedding reception.
(d) A new car.
8. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will miss him while he's gone.
(b) She wants to go with him.
(c) She will leave him.
(d) She will support any decision he makes.
9. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
(a) Mrs. D'Andrea's son.
10. Why is Ferguson not at the hospital today?
(a) He is vacationing in Montana.
(b) He is attending his wedding rehearsal.
(c) He is out sick.
(d) He is studying in Vienna.
11. What does Mary caution Ferguson about regarding going into Barbara's room?
(a) She will probably scream.
(b) She may start talking again.
(c) She will need to be restrained.
(d) She is in a coma.
12. Who is upset that his son has not been named an intern at the hospital?
(b) The governor.
(c) A senator.
13. Who is the Italian woman who talks to Ferguson about her son's condition?
(a) Mrs. Soprano.
(b) Mrs. Sabatino.
(c) Mrs. Sarducci.
(d) Mrs. D'Andrea.
14. What would de-sterilize the surgical gowns?
(a) Folding them.
(b) Hanging them in a closet.
(c) Sharing them.
(d) Ironing them.
15. What is the hospital advisory committee discussing in the boardroom?
(a) Levine's termination.
(b) The hospital's financial situation.
(c) Ferguson's promotion.
(d) The hospital expansion plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
2. What would facilitate Mr. Hudson's investment in the hospital?
3. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
4. What do the doctors make jokes about during the meeting?
5. How do the board members react to Hochberg's timetable for Ferguson?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)