|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
(b) She need to get his attention desperately.
(c) She is a desperate woman.
(d) She is a clingy woman.
2. What happens when Laura touches Ferguson's arm?
(a) His sterile garments are now unsterile.
(b) He jerks away from her.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He tells her to get out.
3. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
4. Which of the following do the doctors and nurses not do?
(a) Put on sterile gowns.
(b) Prepare instruments.
(c) Send text messages.
(d) Scrub their hands.
5. Why was Ferguson in such a low mood the night before?
(a) One of his patients died.
(b) Laura dumped him.
(c) His home loan didn't go through.
(d) Spencer had talked to him about the administrative job.
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Hilton Head golf course.
(b) The country club bar.
(c) Emergency Room.
(d) The hospital library.
7. What does Hochberg instruct Ferguson to do?
(a) Get some rest.
(b) Make arrangements for the operating room.
(c) Attend a medical conference.
(d) Call Barbara's family.
8. What type of wing does the hospital need Hudson's help with?
(d) Critical Care.
9. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
10. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will support any decision he makes.
(b) She will leave him.
(c) She wants to go with him.
(d) She will miss him while he's gone.
11. What does Ferguson say is all he is thinking about now?
(a) His wedding reception.
(c) Buying a house.
(d) A new car.
12. Which doctor tells some of the other doctors to be quiet and stop making jokes about patients and golf games?
13. Where does Hochberg tell a nurse to have Laura sit?
(a) In the waiting room.
(b) In Ferguson's office.
(c) On a stool near the operating table.
(d) In the patient's room.
14. Whose condition is Ferguson discussing?
(d) Mrs. D'Andrea's son.
15. Which of the following does Laura NOT say about her father and Hochberg.
(a) They are colorless.
(b) They are vivacious.
(c) They have no outside interests.
(d) They are flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary find out about Ferguson being the father of Barbara's child?
2. Why does Hochberg think Ferguson should not go into private practice right away?
3. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Why do the board members try to convince Hochberg to approve Ferguson in an associate's position?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)