|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the hospital business managers?
2. How much time has passed since the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three days.
3. Hochberg tells Ferguson that Ferguson has every right to ______________________.
(a) Live his life the way he wants to.
(b) Marry someone other than Laura.
(c) Change careers.
(d) Marry Laura.
4. What does Laura say she will do if Ferguson decides to study with Hochberg and not accept the administrator job?
(a) She will support any decision he makes.
(b) She wants to go with him.
(c) She will miss him while he's gone.
(d) She will leave him.
5. With whom is Ferguson discussing Barbara's condition?
6. What seems to get in the way of any path Ferguson thinks about pursuing?
7. Who does Mary tell Hochberg was the father of Barbara's baby?
(c) She doesn't say.
8. What is the symbolism of Laura's touch on Ferguson's arm making him unsterile in the operating room?
(a) She is a desperate woman.
(b) She need to get his attention desperately.
(c) She is a clingy woman.
(d) Everything she represents is unhealthy for him.
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The cafe across the street from the hospital.
(b) The hospital library.
(c) The hospital emergency room.
(d) The corridor outside Barbara's hospital room.
10. What other negative incident has happened to Barbara lately?
(a) She got a speeding ticket.
(b) She got hit by a car.
(c) Her apartment flooded.
(d) She was fired from her job.
11. Who tried to caution Barbara about staying away from Ferguson?
12. Who is allowed to witness the upcoming surgery?
13. Why does Laura have to stay away from Ferguson in the operating room?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She is not trained for this.
(c) She is not sterile.
(d) She will faint.
14. Which of the following does Ferguson NOT do after Laura touches his arm?
(a) Embraces her.
(b) Backs away from her.
(c) Pulls off his gloves.
(d) Rips off his gown.
15. What does Laura do when Ferguson admits to having an affair with Barbara?
(a) Cries and runs out of the room.
(c) Screams at him.
(d) Slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson wonder about Barbara at this point?
2. What would Ferguson have done if he had known Barbara was pregnant?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the bottom line for most involved in hospital administration?
5. Which of the hospital employees has to have surgery?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)