|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dr. McCabe struggling?
(a) Keeping up with the medical journals.
(c) Keeping patients.
(d) Doing surgery.
2. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
(a) She has a bad cold.
(b) She has the night shift.
(c) She has to study for an exam.
(d) She has really noisy neighbors.
3. What does Mr. Hudson ask the nurse to bring along with them?
(a) Her phone number.
(b) His slippers.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) His report.
4. What is of concern on the x-ray that Dr. Levine has brought in to Dr. Hochberg?
(a) Blocked arteries in a leg.
(b) A break in a bone.
(c) A spot on the lung.
(d) A dark area near the heart.
5. What do Ferguson and Barbara do after discussing their lives in the medical field?
(a) Embrace and kiss.
(b) Go out to dinner.
(c) Study together.
(d) Make rounds together.
6. What was Levine's father's profession?
7. Which of the following does Dr. Hochberg not do with Mr. Hudson's cigarette?
(a) Lights it.
(b) Puts it out.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Takes it out of Mr. Hudson's mouth.
8. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
(a) Buy a big house.
(b) Join a better club.
(c) Study law.
(d) Go into private practice.
9. Where does Laura say she is going as she prepares to leave Ferguson?
(a) To the library.
(b) To get ready for the party tonight.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To attend class.
10. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
(a) It separates the boys from the men.
(b) Doctors are not well paid.
(c) It is do or die time.
(d) It is when the boys become men.
11. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) A procedure for a patient.
(b) Medical schools.
(c) Golf scores.
(d) Recent promotions.
12. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
(a) For indulging Laura.
(b) For working so much.
(c) For getting remarried.
(d) For retiring.
13. With what disease is Levine's wife diagnosed?
14. What type of project are Dr. Hochberg and Dr. Ferguson working on?
15. What does Ferguson do with the hypodermic of insulin?
(a) Throws in away.
(b) Squirts out the insulin.
(c) Gives the injection quickly.
(d) Hides it in a drawer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Levine's mother disown him?
2. Ferguson and Laura get into an argument on the phone about whether he should __________________________.
3. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
4. Who is the chief of surgery who comes in the room looking for one of the doctors?
5. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)