|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Surgical suite.
(b) Conference room.
(d) Admitting area.
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Ferguson?
3. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
(a) It is when the boys become men.
(b) It is do or die time.
(c) It separates the boys from the men.
(d) Doctors are not well paid.
4. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Postpone his career.
(b) Change his area of study.
(c) Get married.
(d) Moved out of state.
5. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. Matthews.
(b) Dr. McCabe.
(c) Dr. McCallister.
(d) Dr. McCormick.
6. What does Ferguson tease Laura about when he enters the room?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Being late.
(d) Her purse.
7. Which doctor asks Dr. Hochberg for a consultation on a patient?
(a) Dr. Gibson.
(b) Dr. Gladstone.
(c) Dr. Gordon.
(d) Dr. Grayson.
8. What does Ferguson advise Levine to do for his wife?
(a) Get a second opinion.
(b) Move to a drier climate.
(c) Take her to the Mayo Clinic.
(d) Let Dr. Hochberg treat her.
9. Who had ordered that the Smiths' daughter receive no more insulin?
10. With what disease is Levine's wife diagnosed?
11. What does Ferguson tell Barbara to reassure her?
(a) He tells her she has good instincts.
(b) He tells her she is going to be a good nurse.
(c) All the other nurses like her.
(d) The doctors think she is very proficient.
12. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) Golf scores.
(b) Recent promotions.
(c) A procedure for a patient.
(d) Medical schools.
13. Who is the more senior nurse who enters Dorothy's room?
14. What do Mr. and Mrs. Smith tell Dr. Cunningham about their daughter?
(a) She has a heart condition.
(b) She has been very nauseous.
(c) She is allergic to Sulfa.
(d) She has collapsed.
15. What does Ferguson note about Dorothy as she drifts off to sleep?
(a) She has a surgical scar on her neck.
(b) Her breathing is too shallow.
(c) Her mouth is a bow shape.
(d) She has hair like Laura's.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
2. Who does Ferguson shout for down the hall?
3. Why is Ferguson paged?
4. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
5. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)