|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
(a) She has found someone new.
(b) To avoid the slow steady pain of constant separation.
(c) She is not ready to get married.
(d) Ferguson is verbally abusive.
2. What does Ferguson have to do tonight that prevents his attending the party?
(b) Have dinner with Hochberg.
(c) Do a transfusion.
3. Why did Levine's mother disown him?
(a) He insulted his family with rude behavior.
(b) He married a girl who is not Jewish.
(c) She wanted him to be a lawyer.
(d) He never remembers her birthday.
4. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
(a) To bring x-rays.
(b) To get study notes.
(c) To alert Ferguson about a patient.
(d) To ask if Ferguson wants coffee.
5. What does Ferguson tell Barbara to reassure her?
(a) The doctors think she is very proficient.
(b) He tells her she is going to be a good nurse.
(c) All the other nurses like her.
(d) He tells her she has good instincts.
6. Who is the student nurse who calls for a page for Ferguson?
7. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. Matthews.
(b) Dr. McCabe.
(c) Dr. McCallister.
(d) Dr. McCormick.
8. What does Ferguson do when Cunningham orders him out of the room?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He remains.
(c) He hits him on the jaw.
(d) He pages Hochberg.
9. Who is the chief of surgery who comes in the room looking for one of the doctors?
(a) Dr. Hochberg.
(b) Dr. Laux.
(c) Dr. Schottenstein.
(d) Dr. Hochwalt.
10. What do Ferguson and Barbara do after discussing their lives in the medical field?
(a) Embrace and kiss.
(b) Go out to dinner.
(c) Study together.
(d) Make rounds together.
11. Dr. Levine was a former student of __________________.
(a) Dr. McCabe's.
(b) Dr. Hochberg's.
(c) Dr. Ferguson's.
(d) Dr. Gordon's.
12. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
(b) Drops a hypodermic needle.
(c) Snaps back at him.
(d) Runs out of the room.
13. What is Levine looking for when he comes in to see Ferguson?
(a) The sputum test results.
(b) Directions to the party.
(c) Dr. Hochberg.
(d) Research notes.
14. What was Levine's father's profession?
15. What is of concern on the x-ray that Dr. Levine has brought in to Dr. Hochberg?
(a) A dark area near the heart.
(b) A spot on the lung.
(c) Blocked arteries in a leg.
(d) A break in a bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson say that doctors will have to give up in order to do what they have to do?
2. What is the shabbily dressed young man bringing for Mr. Hochberg?
3. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
4. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
5. What does Mr. Hudson ask the nurse to bring along with them?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)