|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Hochberg say about the young doctors?
(a) They are dedicated.
(b) They are energetic.
(c) They are green.
(d) They are ambitious.
2. Why did Levine's mother disown him?
(a) She wanted him to be a lawyer.
(b) He married a girl who is not Jewish.
(c) He never remembers her birthday.
(d) He insulted his family with rude behavior.
3. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
(a) Being the best father-in-law-to-be.
(b) Being his worst golf partner.
(c) Being too healthy to be taking up a hospital bed.
(d) Being the hospital's best patient.
4. Where does Mr. Hudson have pain?
(a) His leg.
(b) His chest.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His back.
5. What does Laura know about Hochberg regarding his interns?
(a) He accommodates their personal needs.
(b) He doesn't let them leave the hospital for days at a time.
(c) He works them really hard.
(d) He requires them to teach some courses.
6. Why is Ferguson paged?
(a) He is needed on a patient consultation.
(b) His class is ready to begin.
(c) He is needed in the emergency room.
(d) Dr. Cunningham is misdiagnosing insulin again.
7. What does Ferguson want another nurse to bring?
(a) Clean linens.
(b) Privacy papers.
(c) Security guard.
(d) A syringe of glucose.
8. Which of the following does NOT characterize Ferguson?
9. Why does Laura get angry with her father?
(a) He has been smoking again.
(b) He has frozen her credit cards.
(c) He won't buy her a new car.
(d) He has not given his blessing for her to get married.
10. What does Ferguson note about Dorothy as she drifts off to sleep?
(a) Her breathing is too shallow.
(b) She has a surgical scar on her neck.
(c) She has hair like Laura's.
(d) Her mouth is a bow shape.
11. What do the men jokingly say that Pete prefers over romance?
12. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Moved out of state.
(b) Get married.
(c) Change his area of study.
(d) Postpone his career.
13. What was Levine's father's profession?
14. What was Levine's father's motto?
(a) "Above all is humanity."
(b) "I came. I saw. I conquered."
(c) "When one door closes, another one opens."
(d) "What is essential is invisible to the eye."
15. What do Ferguson and Barbara do after discussing their lives in the medical field?
(a) Study together.
(b) Embrace and kiss.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Make rounds together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura tell Ferguson she is unhappy?
2. In what room does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
4. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
5. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)