|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hudson urge Laura and Ferguson to do?
(a) Have a good time in Vienna.
(b) Buy a house instead of renting one.
(c) Go to the club for a nice dinner.
(d) Convince Hochberg to discharge him.
2. What does Laura say she wants to do regarding her relationship with Ferguson?
(a) Help him make some decisions.
(b) Break it off now.
(c) Endure whatever happens.
(d) Wait for him as long as it takes.
3. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
4. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
(a) Doctors are not well paid.
(b) It separates the boys from the men.
(c) It is do or die time.
(d) It is when the boys become men.
5. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
(a) A research textbook.
(b) A car.
(c) A formal vest.
(d) A parking pass.
6. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
7. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
8. What is Levine looking for when he comes in to see Ferguson?
(a) Directions to the party.
(b) Research notes.
(c) Dr. Hochberg.
(d) The sputum test results.
9. What choice does Levine have second thoughts about?
(a) Moving away from his hometown.
(b) Going to college and med school.
(c) Marrying the girl he married.
(d) Remaining a Jew.
10. What was Levine's father's profession?
11. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. McCallister.
(b) Dr. Matthews.
(c) Dr. McCabe.
(d) Dr. McCormick.
12. Who is the more senior nurse who enters Dorothy's room?
13. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The protocol for the patient has changed.
(b) The patient died.
(c) The patient has been discharged.
(d) The patient is much better.
14. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Smith's daughter?
15. What does Ferguson say that doctors will have to give up in order to do what they have to do?
(a) Outside influences.
(b) Big caseloads.
(c) Teaching assistants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
2. Who enters the room as Barbara is preparing the insulin injection?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Cunningham?
4. What does Ferguson have to do tonight that prevents his attending the party?
5. Why did Levine's mother disown him?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)