|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
(b) Bow tie.
(c) Top hat.
2. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Smith's daughter?
3. What does Ferguson do when Cunningham orders him out of the room?
(a) He remains.
(b) He pages Hochberg.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He hits him on the jaw.
4. Why does Laura tell Ferguson she is unhappy?
(a) Her wedding dress needs to be altered.
(b) She missed the big sale at Macy's.
(c) They are apart so much.
(d) They didn't get the house they wanted.
5. Ferguson's office also doubles as a ________________.
6. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
(a) Runs out of the room.
(b) Snaps back at him.
(d) Drops a hypodermic needle.
7. What does Ferguson tell Barbara to reassure her?
(a) He tells her she is going to be a good nurse.
(b) The doctors think she is very proficient.
(c) All the other nurses like her.
(d) He tells her she has good instincts.
8. Which of the following does NOT characterize Cunningham?
9. What is of concern on the x-ray that Dr. Levine has brought in to Dr. Hochberg?
(a) A break in a bone.
(b) Blocked arteries in a leg.
(c) A spot on the lung.
(d) A dark area near the heart.
10. Who does Ferguson shout for down the hall?
(b) Another nurse.
(c) An orderly.
11. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hochberg.
(b) Mr. Hallowell.
(c) Mr. Huron.
(d) Mr. Hudson.
12. What medication does Cunningham order for Dorothy's pain?
13. With what disease is Levine's wife diagnosed?
14. With what is Dr. McCabe struggling?
(b) Keeping up with the medical journals.
(c) Keeping patients.
(d) Doing surgery.
15. What type of project are Dr. Hochberg and Dr. Ferguson working on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say she wants to do regarding her relationship with Ferguson?
2. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
3. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
4. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
5. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)