|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
(a) Buy a big house.
(b) Go into private practice.
(c) Study law.
(d) Join a better club.
2. What does Ferguson say that doctors will have to give up in order to do what they have to do?
(a) Big caseloads.
(b) Teaching assistants.
(d) Outside influences.
3. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
(a) Being the best father-in-law-to-be.
(b) Being too healthy to be taking up a hospital bed.
(c) Being his worst golf partner.
(d) Being the hospital's best patient.
4. Dr. Levine was a former student of __________________.
(a) Dr. McCabe's.
(b) Dr. Hochberg's.
(c) Dr. Ferguson's.
(d) Dr. Gordon's.
5. Who is the student nurse who calls for a page for Ferguson?
6. What does Dr. Hochberg say about the young doctors?
(a) They are ambitious.
(b) They are green.
(c) They are energetic.
(d) They are dedicated.
7. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
(c) Hockey puck.
8. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
(a) Top hat.
(c) Bow tie.
9. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
10. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
(a) For indulging Laura.
(b) For getting remarried.
(c) For working so much.
(d) For retiring.
11. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
12. Which of the following does Dr. Hochberg not do with Mr. Hudson's cigarette?
(a) Lights it.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Takes it out of Mr. Hudson's mouth.
(d) Puts it out.
13. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
(a) Have security remove him from the patient's room.
(b) Have him removed from the hospital.
(c) Punch him out.
(d) Have him brought up on disciplinary charges.
14. What does Pete eat in Ferguson's office?
(d) Chinese takeout.
15. Why does Laura get angry with her father?
(a) He has frozen her credit cards.
(b) He has been smoking again.
(c) He has not given his blessing for her to get married.
(d) He won't buy her a new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Levine's father's profession?
2. What does Dr. Levine encourage Dr. Ferguson to do?
3. Who is Mr. Hudson's assistant?
4. Why is Ferguson paged?
5. In what room does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)