|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Levine looking for when he comes in to see Ferguson?
(a) Dr. Hochberg.
(b) Directions to the party.
(c) The sputum test results.
(d) Research notes.
2. What does Dr. Hochberg say about the young doctors?
(a) They are dedicated.
(b) They are ambitious.
(c) They are energetic.
(d) They are green.
3. Cunningham tells Barbara ______________________.
(a) To page Ferguson.
(b) To take orders from him.
(c) To bring the parents back into the room.
(d) To get him some coffee.
4. What is the shabbily dressed young man bringing for Mr. Hochberg?
(a) Lab results.
(b) Phone messages.
(c) An x-ray.
(d) A cup of coffee.
5. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
(a) Dr. Levine.
(b) Dr. Hochberg.
(c) Dr. Gordon.
(d) Dr. Ferguson.
6. What was Levine's father's motto?
(a) "Above all is humanity."
(b) "What is essential is invisible to the eye."
(c) "I came. I saw. I conquered."
(d) "When one door closes, another one opens."
7. What does Laura know about Hochberg regarding his interns?
(a) He doesn't let them leave the hospital for days at a time.
(b) He works them really hard.
(c) He requires them to teach some courses.
(d) He accommodates their personal needs.
8. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Bus station.
(b) Mental institution.
(c) Large urban hospital.
(d) Corporate headquarters.
9. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
(c) Hockey puck.
10. What medication does Cunningham order for Dorothy's pain?
11. What is the name of Dr. Ferguson's fiancee?
(a) Linda Huron.
(b) Lisa Hudson.
(c) Laura Hudson.
(d) Laura Hinton.
12. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
(a) Doctors are not well paid.
(b) It separates the boys from the men.
(c) It is when the boys become men.
(d) It is do or die time.
13. What choice does Levine have second thoughts about?
(a) Remaining a Jew.
(b) Going to college and med school.
(c) Moving away from his hometown.
(d) Marrying the girl he married.
14. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
(a) Have security remove him from the patient's room.
(b) Punch him out.
(c) Have him removed from the hospital.
(d) Have him brought up on disciplinary charges.
15. With what is Dr. McCabe struggling?
(a) Keeping patients.
(b) Keeping up with the medical journals.
(c) Doing surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
2. Ferguson's office also doubles as a ________________.
3. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
4. What does Pete say was given to a patient he and Ferguson share?
5. Why does Laura tell Ferguson she is unhappy?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)