Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Laura say she is going as she prepares to leave Ferguson?
(a) To the library.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To attend class.
(d) To get ready for the party tonight.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mental institution.
(b) Corporate headquarters.
(c) Large urban hospital.
(d) Bus station.
3. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
(a) She has to study for an exam.
(b) She has the night shift.
(c) She has a bad cold.
(d) She has really noisy neighbors.
4. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
(a) Dr. Ferguson.
(b) Dr. Hochberg.
(c) Dr. Levine.
(d) Dr. Gordon.
5. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
(a) To alert Ferguson about a patient.
(b) To ask if Ferguson wants coffee.
(c) To get study notes.
(d) To bring x-rays.
6. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
(a) To avoid the slow steady pain of constant separation.
(b) Ferguson is verbally abusive.
(c) She is not ready to get married.
(d) She has found someone new.
7. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
(a) Being his worst golf partner.
(b) Being too healthy to be taking up a hospital bed.
(c) Being the hospital's best patient.
(d) Being the best father-in-law-to-be.
8. Cunningham tells Barbara ______________________.
(a) To bring the parents back into the room.
(b) To page Ferguson.
(c) To take orders from him.
(d) To get him some coffee.
9. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The patient died.
(b) The patient has been discharged.
(c) The protocol for the patient has changed.
(d) The patient is much better.
10. Which of the following does NOT characterize Ferguson?
11. What does Dr. Hochberg ask Dr. Levine if he has brought in addition to the x-ray?
(a) A patient history.
(b) Blood test results.
(c) A sputum sample.
(d) A patient profile.
12. What does Ferguson order the other nurse to bring instead of glucose?
13. What does Laura want Ferguson to do after they return from Vienna?
(a) Join a better club.
(b) Buy a big house.
(c) Study law.
(d) Go into private practice.
14. Why does Laura get angry with her father?
(a) He has not given his blessing for her to get married.
(b) He won't buy her a new car.
(c) He has been smoking again.
(d) He has frozen her credit cards.
15. What was Levine's father's motto?
(a) "What is essential is invisible to the eye."
(b) "Above all is humanity."
(c) "When one door closes, another one opens."
(d) "I came. I saw. I conquered."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
2. What type of project are Dr. Hochberg and Dr. Ferguson working on?
3. Ferguson's office also doubles as a ________________.
4. Which of the following is NOT destroying Mr. Hudson?
5. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)