|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The patient has been discharged.
(b) The patient died.
(c) The patient is much better.
(d) The protocol for the patient has changed.
2. What does Cunningham threaten to do to Ferguson?
(a) Have security remove him from the patient's room.
(b) Punch him out.
(c) Have him brought up on disciplinary charges.
(d) Have him removed from the hospital.
3. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Change his area of study.
(b) Get married.
(c) Moved out of state.
(d) Postpone his career.
4. What does Laura know about Hochberg regarding his interns?
(a) He works them really hard.
(b) He doesn't let them leave the hospital for days at a time.
(c) He requires them to teach some courses.
(d) He accommodates their personal needs.
5. Why does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura she can't see Ferguson?
(a) He's out today.
(b) He's in surgery.
(c) He has clinic duty.
(d) He's on a patient consult.
6. What does Ferguson note about Dorothy as she drifts off to sleep?
(a) Her breathing is too shallow.
(b) She has a surgical scar on her neck.
(c) Her mouth is a bow shape.
(d) She has hair like Laura's.
7. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) Golf scores.
(b) Recent promotions.
(c) Medical schools.
(d) A procedure for a patient.
8. Why is Ferguson paged?
(a) He is needed in the emergency room.
(b) He is needed on a patient consultation.
(c) Dr. Cunningham is misdiagnosing insulin again.
(d) His class is ready to begin.
9. What medication does Cunningham order for Dorothy's pain?
10. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
(a) Drops a hypodermic needle.
(c) Snaps back at him.
(d) Runs out of the room.
11. What does Ferguson want another nurse to bring?
(a) Clean linens.
(b) Privacy papers.
(c) Security guard.
(d) A syringe of glucose.
12. What does Laura say she wants to do regarding her relationship with Ferguson?
(a) Help him make some decisions.
(b) Break it off now.
(c) Endure whatever happens.
(d) Wait for him as long as it takes.
13. What does Mr. Hudson urge Laura and Ferguson to do?
(a) Go to the club for a nice dinner.
(b) Buy a house instead of renting one.
(c) Convince Hochberg to discharge him.
(d) Have a good time in Vienna.
14. What does Mr. Hudson ask the nurse to bring along with them?
(a) His slippers.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Her phone number.
(d) His report.
15. Where does Mr. Hudson have pain?
(a) His leg.
(b) His back.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
2. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
3. What is the shabbily dressed young man bringing for Mr. Hochberg?
4. What is of concern on the x-ray that Dr. Levine has brought in to Dr. Hochberg?
5. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)