|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room as Barbara is preparing the insulin injection?
2. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
(a) Being the best father-in-law-to-be.
(b) Being the hospital's best patient.
(c) Being too healthy to be taking up a hospital bed.
(d) Being his worst golf partner.
3. What does Ferguson tell Barbara to reassure her?
(a) He tells her she is going to be a good nurse.
(b) All the other nurses like her.
(c) The doctors think she is very proficient.
(d) He tells her she has good instincts.
4. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
5. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. McCallister.
(b) Dr. McCabe.
(c) Dr. Matthews.
(d) Dr. McCormick.
6. Where does the nurse take Mr. Hudson?
(a) For x-rays.
(b) For a CAT Scan.
(c) For a sunbath.
(d) For bloodwork.
7. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) A procedure for a patient.
(b) Golf scores.
(c) Medical schools.
(d) Recent promotions.
8. What does Dorothy ask for when she awakens?
9. Who had ordered that the Smiths' daughter receive no more insulin?
10. What does Ferguson note about Dorothy as she drifts off to sleep?
(a) Her mouth is a bow shape.
(b) She has a surgical scar on her neck.
(c) Her breathing is too shallow.
(d) She has hair like Laura's.
11. Why does Laura get angry with her father?
(a) He won't buy her a new car.
(b) He has been smoking again.
(c) He has not given his blessing for her to get married.
(d) He has frozen her credit cards.
12. What does Laura say she wants to do regarding her relationship with Ferguson?
(a) Endure whatever happens.
(b) Break it off now.
(c) Wait for him as long as it takes.
(d) Help him make some decisions.
13. Who does Ferguson shout for down the hall?
(a) An orderly.
(c) Another nurse.
14. Why does Barbara say she won't be able to get a good night's sleep?
(a) She has really noisy neighbors.
(b) She has the night shift.
(c) She has a bad cold.
(d) She has to study for an exam.
15. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
(a) It is when the boys become men.
(b) It separates the boys from the men.
(c) It is do or die time.
(d) Doctors are not well paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson advise Levine to do for his wife?
2. Where does Laura say she is going as she prepares to leave Ferguson?
3. Who is the shabbily dressed young man?
4. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
5. Why does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura she can't see Ferguson?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)