|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice does Levine have second thoughts about?
(a) Marrying the girl he married.
(b) Remaining a Jew.
(c) Moving away from his hometown.
(d) Going to college and med school.
2. What does Mr. Hudson urge Laura and Ferguson to do?
(a) Have a good time in Vienna.
(b) Convince Hochberg to discharge him.
(c) Buy a house instead of renting one.
(d) Go to the club for a nice dinner.
3. Dr. Levine was a former student of __________________.
(a) Dr. Ferguson's.
(b) Dr. Gordon's.
(c) Dr. Hochberg's.
(d) Dr. McCabe's.
4. What does Ferguson have to do tonight that prevents his attending the party?
(c) Have dinner with Hochberg.
(d) Do a transfusion.
5. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Smith's daughter?
6. What has happened to the patient that Ferguson was going to assist with a transfusion tonight?
(a) The protocol for the patient has changed.
(b) The patient died.
(c) The patient is much better.
(d) The patient has been discharged.
7. What does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura about internships?
(a) It is when the boys become men.
(b) Doctors are not well paid.
(c) It is do or die time.
(d) It separates the boys from the men.
8. What are Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Wren arguing about as they enter the room?
(a) A procedure for a patient.
(b) Golf scores.
(c) Recent promotions.
(d) Medical schools.
9. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
(a) Runs out of the room.
(b) Drops a hypodermic needle.
(d) Snaps back at him.
10. Who enters the room as Barbara is preparing the insulin injection?
11. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
(a) Dr. McCormick.
(b) Dr. McCabe.
(c) Dr. Matthews.
(d) Dr. McCallister.
12. What does Ferguson advise Levine to do for his wife?
(a) Let Dr. Hochberg treat her.
(b) Get a second opinion.
(c) Move to a drier climate.
(d) Take her to the Mayo Clinic.
13. Who is the more senior nurse who enters Dorothy's room?
14. Who spits in the jar to provide a sputum sample?
(a) Dr. Levine.
(b) Dr. Gordon.
(c) Dr. Hochberg.
(d) Dr. Ferguson.
15. What does Ferguson lend to Shorty?
(b) Bow tie.
(d) Top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
2. What does Ferguson do with the hypodermic of insulin?
3. Who is Mr. Hudson's assistant?
4. Why does Dr. Hochberg call Hudson insane?
5. Where does the nurse take Mr. Hudson?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)