|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hochberg.
(b) Mr. Huron.
(c) Mr. Hudson.
(d) Mr. Hallowell.
2. Ferguson's office also doubles as a ________________.
3. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
(a) Snaps back at him.
(b) Drops a hypodermic needle.
(d) Runs out of the room.
4. What does Pete say was given to a patient he and Ferguson share?
(a) Not enough insulin.
(b) Too much insulin.
(c) Too much morphine.
(d) Too much antihistamine.
5. Why does Laura say she wants to end the relationship?
(a) Ferguson is verbally abusive.
(b) She has found someone new.
(c) To avoid the slow steady pain of constant separation.
(d) She is not ready to get married.
6. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
7. Where does Mr. Hudson have pain?
(a) His back.
(b) His leg.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His chest.
8. Which doctor asks Dr. Hochberg for a consultation on a patient?
(a) Dr. Gordon.
(b) Dr. Grayson.
(c) Dr. Gibson.
(d) Dr. Gladstone.
9. Who enters the room as Barbara is preparing the insulin injection?
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Corporate headquarters.
(b) Mental institution.
(c) Large urban hospital.
(d) Bus station.
11. What does Mr. Hudson urge Laura and Ferguson to do?
(a) Convince Hochberg to discharge him.
(b) Go to the club for a nice dinner.
(c) Have a good time in Vienna.
(d) Buy a house instead of renting one.
12. Which of the following does Barbara NOT do after Ferguson leaves his office?
(a) Sits on the bed.
(b) Puts the notes on the desk.
(c) Waits for Ferguson to return.
(d) Makes a phone call.
13. What is Laura's nickname for Dr. Hochberg?
(d) Hockey puck.
14. What does Dr. Hochberg think might spoil Dr. Gordon's wife's plans for tonight?
(a) He and Gordon meeting for dinner.
(b) Gordon taking a golf weekend.
(c) Gordon going on a ski trip.
(d) Gordon going out for drinks with his colleagues.
15. Which of the following does Dr. Hochberg not do with Mr. Hudson's cigarette?
(a) Lights it.
(b) Puts it out.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Takes it out of Mr. Hudson's mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura know about Hochberg regarding his interns?
2. Why does Dr. Hochberg tell Laura she can't see Ferguson?
3. In what room does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
4. What do Mr. and Mrs. Smith tell Dr. Cunningham about their daughter?
5. Dr. Levine was a former student of __________________.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)