|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mr. and Mrs. Smith tell Dr. Cunningham about their daughter?
(a) She is allergic to Sulfa.
(b) She has been very nauseous.
(c) She has collapsed.
(d) She has a heart condition.
2. Which of the following do the doctors and interns not do in this room?
3. What does Ferguson do with the hypodermic of insulin?
(a) Hides it in a drawer.
(b) Gives the injection quickly.
(c) Throws in away.
(d) Squirts out the insulin.
4. What does Ferguson tease Mr. Hudson about?
(a) Being the best father-in-law-to-be.
(b) Being his worst golf partner.
(c) Being too healthy to be taking up a hospital bed.
(d) Being the hospital's best patient.
5. What does Shorty ask Pete if he can borrow?
(a) A research textbook.
(b) A car.
(c) A parking pass.
(d) A formal vest.
6. Who is the patient in the expensive private room in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hudson.
(b) Mr. Huron.
(c) Mr. Hallowell.
(d) Mr. Hochberg.
7. Why does Barbara come to Ferguson's office?
(a) To alert Ferguson about a patient.
(b) To bring x-rays.
(c) To get study notes.
(d) To ask if Ferguson wants coffee.
8. What does Ferguson offer to give Barbara?
(a) Notes to help her study.
(b) A grad school reference.
(c) A ride home.
(d) A job reference.
9. To what city is Dr. Ferguson going to study surgical techniques?
10. What does Pete eat in Ferguson's office?
(c) Chinese takeout.
11. What did Levine decide to do instead of study with Hochberg?
(a) Change his area of study.
(b) Moved out of state.
(c) Postpone his career.
(d) Get married.
12. What was Levine's father's motto?
(a) "What is essential is invisible to the eye."
(b) "When one door closes, another one opens."
(c) "Above all is humanity."
(d) "I came. I saw. I conquered."
13. Which of the following does NOT characterize Ferguson?
14. What does Ferguson tell Barbara to reassure her?
(a) The doctors think she is very proficient.
(b) He tells her she is going to be a good nurse.
(c) All the other nurses like her.
(d) He tells her she has good instincts.
15. Which of the following does NOT characterize Cunningham?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the elderly doctor with whom Dr. Hochberg speaks?
2. Who is the more senior nurse who enters Dorothy's room?
3. What does Barbara do when Ferguson speaks sharply to her?
4. What does Pete say was given to a patient he and Ferguson share?
5. Which character introduced in Act 1, Scene 3 will be important to Ferguson's life in the future?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)