|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Almeda content?
2. What revelation does the narrator share about Almeda's story?
3. To what does Almeda attribute her ill feelings this morning?
4. What does the narrator hope to find at the end of the story?
5. The narrator feels that there are not enough people who _______________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Munro uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does Munro use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the play MENESETEUNG? Why didn't she simply call it ALMEDA? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)