|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Almeda leave a note?
2. What kind of jelly does Almeda decide to make one day?
3. The narrator thinks it is important to discover ____________________.
4. What overflows in Almeda's house?
5. Where does the narrator go at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does Munro use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
How does Almeda symbolize the upper class of her town's society? What rights and privileges does Almeda enjoy? How does the author show the audience the position that Almeda enjoys in her town?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)