|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overflows in Almeda's house?
2. What makes Almeda content?
3. What does the narrator hope to find at the end of the story?
4. Which of the following does the doctor not recommend for Almeda?
5. What does Jarvis immediately surmise about the condition of the woman at the gate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Jarvis. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Almeda loves to escape her world through reading, studying and writing poetry and this becomes an important theme throughout the book. Name at least two other themes in the story and cite two examples for each to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Almeda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)