|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first news clipping in Section 6 reports Almeda's ______________ and death.
2. Where does the narrator go at the end of the story?
3. Almeda thinks the items around her ________________.
4. What does Almeda conclude is her life's work?
5. What would Almeda like to include in a poem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal independence takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the play MENESETEUNG? Why didn't she simply call it ALMEDA? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Jarvis. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)