|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
2. Almeda keeps her distance both physically and _______________ in town.
3. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
4. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
5. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Almeda live?
2. How does Almeda react to the nerve tonic from the doctor?
3. Whose death also occurs close to Almeda's?
4. What is Almeda's favorite topic to write about?
5. What has happened to the grape juice project Almeda had started yesterday?
6. What does the narrator say about making wrong conclusions about people?
7. How does the author show that Almeda is in a state of delirium from the nerve tonic?
8. What is Almeda shocked by the woman's body and whose help does she enlist?
9. The narrator provides information about Almeda's life in what year in Section 2?
10. What does Almeda think about in her delirious state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the play MENESETEUNG? Why didn't she simply call it ALMEDA? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
MENESETEUNG is a classic story of metamorphosis and empowerment. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of women's issues. Identify at least two incidents about women's issues in the book. Then cite an example to support each.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)