|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Almeda see when she looks outside her window?
(a) Someone being mugged.
(b) A man beating a woman.
(c) A man's body lying in the street.
(d) A car accident.
2. What is the literary technique called when the narrator ends the story by discovering Almeda's grave?
3. What does Almeda assume about the woman slumped against her gate?
(a) She is homeless.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is dead.
4. What does Jarvis do to the woman at the gate?
(a) Throws water on her.
(b) Spits on her.
(c) Kicks her.
(d) Helps her up.
5. What would Almeda like to include in a poem?
(a) A history lesson.
(b) All her experiences.
(c) A love story.
(d) A tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what physical event can Almeda's mental breakthrough be compared?
2. In what year did Almeda die?
3. What does the doctor prescribe for Almeda?
4. What does Almeda think she hears outside?
5. Which of the following does Jarvis not do at Almeda's house this morning?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)