|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Almeda see when she looks outside her window?
(a) A man beating a woman.
(b) A man's body lying in the street.
(c) Someone being mugged.
(d) A car accident.
2. What does Jarvis decide to do with Almeda?
(a) He decides to give her stock tips.
(b) He decides to fix her up with a friend.
(c) He decides to court her.
(d) He decides to go into business with her.
3. What revelation does the narrator share about Almeda's story?
(a) Almeda is a completely fictional character.
(b) It is unclear if the story actually happened this way.
(c) Jarvis never existed.
(d) Almeda is still alive.
4. What will the poem signify for Almeda?
(a) The channeling of all brutal and unpleasant aspects of life.
(b) The chance to get published.
(c) A way for people to know the real Almeda.
(d) An opportunity to be famous.
5. What does the doctor think would make Almeda feel better?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Reducing stress.
(d) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Almeda put on to go outside and check on the woman?
2. The newspaper suggests that Almeda's death was due to _____________________.
3. Which of the following does the doctor not recommend for Almeda?
4. Why does Almeda stop taking the nerve medicine?
5. Why can Almeda not discern that the woman at the gate is drunk and not dead?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)