|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, Almeda is _____________________.
(c) One of thousands of women.
(d) Completely unique.
2. What does Jarvis decide to do with Almeda?
(a) He decides to give her stock tips.
(b) He decides to go into business with her.
(c) He decides to fix her up with a friend.
(d) He decides to court her.
3. What is the literary technique called when the narrator ends the story by discovering Almeda's grave?
4. On what does Almeda sit?
(a) Her bed.
(b) The floor.
(c) A divan.
(d) Lots of pillows.
5. What would Almeda love to write?
(a) A history book.
(b) A love story.
(c) One amazing poem.
(d) A book of essays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a state into which Almeda goes as a result of the nerve tonic?
2. Almeda thinks the items around her ________________.
3. What does Almeda think she hears outside?
4. Section 6 is told via what format?
5. What is called into question at the end of the story?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)