|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first news clipping in Section 6 reports Almeda's ______________ and death.
(a) Mental decline.
(b) Auto accident.
(d) Terminal illness.
2. The narrator claims that the wrong conclusions may have been made about ________________.
(a) Queen Aggie.
3. What literary technique does the author use to compare the flow of Almeda's emotional pain to a river?
4. Which of the following does the doctor not recommend for Almeda?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Scrubbing floors.
(c) Joining a garden club.
(d) Doing the laundry.
5. The second news clipping reports ________________.
(a) Jarvis Poulter's death.
(b) Almeda's poetry award.
(c) Jarvis and Almeda's wedding.
(d) Almeda's philanthropy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jarvis take Almeda today?
2. The narrator could not possibly know ________________________.
3. On what does Almeda sit?
4. Who does Almeda visit in Section 4.
5. What does Almeda consider as she sits all day?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)