|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
2. How is Almeda's spirit portrayed in the story?
(c) Long suffering.
3. What is unique about Almeda in her family?
(a) She is the last surviving member.
(b) She got gray hair at age 18.
(c) She has a lisp.
(d) She has one blue eye and one green eye.
4. What is Almeda's social status in town?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Middle class.
(d) Lower class.
5. Which of the following roles did Almeda not assume for her father after the death of her mother?
(a) Business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ontario of Almeda's time was called ______________________.
2. What kind of life does Almeda instinctively desire?
3. What did Almeda's father leave her when he died?
4. MENESETEUNG is the story of a __________________.
5. What can Almeda see from her window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news about Almeda and Jarvis is printed in the local paper?
2. Who is Jarvis Poulter?
3. What is the undesirable area in town?
4. What frugal activities does Jarvis do even though he is a wealthy man?
5. How does the author write Section 6 of the story?
6. From where does the narrator glean information about daily life in Almeda's town?
7. Whose death also occurs close to Almeda's?
8. What is the story of MENESETEUNG?
9. What does Almeda prefer over domestic activities?
10. What would it mean if Jarvis were to escort Almeda to church some evening or Sunday instead of just walking her home?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)