|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is school in session each year?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 9 months.
2. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
(c) Unmarried poet.
3. What does Almeda think she would be if Jarvis were to ask her for a drive in the country?
4. With what would Jarvis interfere if Almeda were to take a drive with him in the country?
(a) The birds singing.
(b) Her reveries on nature.
(c) Her gathering wildflowers.
(d) Her fishing.
5. Almeda would rather write about ____________ than cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book from which the lines at the beginning of each section are taken?
2. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
3. Almeda keeps her distance both physically and _______________ in town.
4. How did Almeda's younger brother and sister die?
5. Which of the following does Almeda not prefer to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of MENESETEUNG?
2. What does Almeda do for the very first time in her life today?
3. Where and when are the protagonist's poems published?
4. Who is Jarvis Poulter?
5. How does the author indicate Almeda's social standing in the town?
6. With what activity does the narrator end the story?
7. Can Almeda envision herself in the role of a wife?
8. Where does Almeda live?
9. What has happened to the grape juice project Almeda had started yesterday?
10. Why does Almeda weigh the existence of a man in her life?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)