|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jarvis do with Almeda on Sundays?
(a) Takes her to brunch.
(b) Takes her to the theater.
(c) Takes her out driving.
(d) Walks her home from church.
2. From what does Almeda suffer?
(b) High blood pressure.
(c) Societal pressures to marry.
3. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
4. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
5. Almeda's lifestyle could be characterized as _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the undesirable part of town called?
2. Where does Almeda stay most of the time?
3. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
4. What is unique about Almeda in her family?
5. Which of the following roles did Almeda not assume for her father after the death of her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Almeda's favorite topic to write about?
2. How is Almeda torn by what she sees married women doing to their husbands and the desire for Jarvis to show some sign of affection?
3. What does Almeda do as she sits in her dark house?
4. How does the first newspaper article describe Almeda's death?
5. Why does Almeda now live alone?
6. What revelation regarding authenticity does the narrator make?
7. What frugal activities does Jarvis do even though he is a wealthy man?
8. How does the author indicate Almeda's social standing in the town?
9. How does Almeda react to the nerve tonic from the doctor?
10. What is the content of the first newspaper article in Section 6?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)