|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that the boys of the town constantly harass?
(c) Queen Aggie.
(d) Mr. Booker.
2. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
3. Almeda can smell soap and ______________ scents on Jarvis' jacket.
(c) Hair tonic.
(d) After shave.
4. How long has Jarvis Poulter been in town?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few years.
(d) A few months.
5. What did Almeda's father leave her when he died?
(a) A pile of debts.
(b) The family home and estate.
(c) The family business.
(d) There was nothing to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jarvis Poulter take from the town to save money at home?
2. Almeda is not considered to be _______________ yet.
3. According to Almeda, marriage would mean __________________ existence.
4. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
5. Almeda would rather write about ____________ than cooking.
Short Essay Questions
1. From where does the narrator glean information about daily life in Almeda's town?
2. What romantic overtures has Jarvis made toward Almeda?
3. How does Almeda describe the swamp she sees from her window?
4. How does the first newspaper article describe Almeda's death?
5. Where and when are the protagonist's poems published?
6. When does Almeda realize she does not care for Jarvis?
7. What is the irony of Almeda's consumption of the nerve tonic?
8. What does Almeda's doctor think would be a good remedy for her sleeplessness?
9. How does the author write Section 6 of the story?
10. What happens when Almeda decides to make grape jelly one day?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)