|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Almeda try to project around Jarvis?
(a) An aura of availability.
(b) An aura of assurance.
(c) An aura of reserve.
(d) An aura of dependence.
2. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
(b) Rather plain.
(c) Gray hair.
(d) Only 25.
3. What is the narrator's name?
(b) It is not known.
4. Who is the person that the boys of the town constantly harass?
(c) Queen Aggie.
(d) Mr. Booker.
5. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
2. In what year was the book of poetry written?
3. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
4. What does Jarvis Poulter take from the town to save money at home?
5. Why does the town attract relatively young people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the town populated with relatively young people under the age of 50?
2. What is the irony of Almeda's consumption of the nerve tonic?
3. Why does Almeda now live alone?
4. What is one of Almeda's most famous poems and what is the content?
5. What are the narrator's feelings about people's lack of curiosity regarding other people?
6. Where and when are the protagonist's poems published?
7. How does Almeda get out of having to see Jarvis again today?
8. What does Almeda decide that the name and premise of her amazing poem will be?
9. How many sections are in the story and how are they begun?
10. Almeda is finally exhausted and falls asleep to be awakened by what disturbing noise?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)