|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the newspaper clippings appear?
(a) The Observer.
(b) Poetry Monthly.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Vidette.
2. How long after Almeda's death did Jarvis die?
(a) A few days later.
(b) A few weeks later.
(c) A few years later.
(d) A few months later.
3. What would Almeda like to include in a poem?
(a) All her experiences.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) A love story.
(d) A history lesson.
4. What does Almeda put into her beverage?
(b) Nerve medicine.
5. What shocks Almeda when she sees the woman?
(a) Her primal state.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her wounds.
6. On what does Almeda sit?
(a) A divan.
(b) The floor.
(c) Lots of pillows.
(d) Her bed.
7. What does Almeda put on to go outside and check on the woman?
(a) A cape.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A hat.
(d) A raincoat.
8. Which of the following does Almeda not do in order to increase her activity level?
(a) Join a gym.
(b) Bakes cakes.
(d) Cleans the house.
9. What does Almeda think she hears outside?
(a) A street light being broken.
(b) A rock thrown through her window.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Someone being murdered.
10. What does Almeda consider as she sits all day?
(a) Writing again.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Planting a garden.
(d) Getting married.
11. What does Jarvis tell the woman at the gate?
(a) To go to breakfast with the money he gave her.
(b) To get to an AA meeting.
(c) To go home where she belongs.
(d) To get to the homeless shelter.
12. What does Almeda leave the hot, cooked grapes in overnight?
(a) Food strainer.
(b) Big bowls.
(c) Cheesecloth bag.
13. What does Almeda conclude is her life's work?
(a) To explore.
(b) To write.
(c) To teach.
(d) To be.
14. What overflows in Almeda's house?
(a) The grape juice.
(b) The kitchen sink.
(c) The commode.
(d) The bathtub.
15. The second news clipping reports ________________.
(a) Jarvis Poulter's death.
(b) Jarvis and Almeda's wedding.
(c) Almeda's philanthropy.
(d) Almeda's poetry award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jelly does Almeda decide to make one day?
2. What makes Almeda content?
3. The hoodlums supposedly harassed Almeda just like they harassed ___________________.
4. Who does Almeda visit in Section 4.
5. When does the narrator tell about going to Alameda's grave?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)