|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Almeda stop taking the nerve medicine?
(a) It gives her wild dreams.
(b) She gets jittery.
(c) It makes her nauseous.
(d) She is too sleepy.
2. What would Almeda love to write?
(a) A history book.
(b) One amazing poem.
(c) A book of essays.
(d) A love story.
3. What does the narrator say about life?
(a) It continues to flow.
(b) It is a gift.
(c) It is depressing.
(d) It is what a person makes of it.
4. The newspaper suggests that Almeda's death was due to _____________________.
(a) A freak accident.
(b) Harassment by youth.
5. What does Almeda do as she drinks her beverage?
(a) Talks on the phone.
(b) Reads a magazine.
(c) Sits in her dark house.
(d) Browses her book shelves.
6. To what physical event can Almeda's mental breakthrough be compared?
7. What is happening in the house to mirror Almeda's menstrual flow?
(a) A bottle of red wine vinegar.
(b) Overflowing pitcher of cranberry juice.
(c) Overflowing grape juice.
(d) A spilled bottle of wine.
8. What makes Almeda content?
(a) Reading love stories.
(b) Figuring out her life's work.
(c) Taking the nerve tonic.
9. What does Almeda conclude is her life's work?
(a) To be.
(b) To teach.
(c) To explore.
(d) To write.
10. Why does Almeda visit her doctor?
(a) She is having migraines.
(b) She has a bad cold.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She has digestive problems.
11. What beverage does Almeda drink?
12. What does the doctor think would make Almeda feel better?
(a) A vacation.
(c) Reducing stress.
(d) Getting married.
13. What shocks Almeda when she sees the woman?
(a) Her age.
(b) Her wounds.
(c) Her primal state.
(d) Her beauty.
14. What does Jarvis do to the woman at the gate?
(a) Throws water on her.
(b) Kicks her.
(c) Helps her up.
(d) Spits on her.
15. As the day progresses, Almeda is in a state of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jarvis take Almeda today?
2. Almeda thinks the items around her ________________.
3. The literary device in which Almeda experiences delirium with a tonic meant to produce calm is called what?
4. On what does Almeda sit?
5. Which of the following does the doctor not recommend for Almeda?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)