|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jarvis decide to do with Almeda?
(a) He decides to give her stock tips.
(b) He decides to court her.
(c) He decides to fix her up with a friend.
(d) He decides to go into business with her.
2. Which of the following does not enter into Almeda's idea of what marriage would be like?
3. How is Almeda portrayed in the story?
(a) A sickly girl.
(b) A blushing bride.
(c) A dour spinster.
(d) A vivacious young woman.
4. What does Jarvis do with Almeda on Sundays?
(a) Takes her to brunch.
(b) Takes her out driving.
(c) Walks her home from church.
(d) Takes her to the theater.
5. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Section 2 explains the _________________ in the town.
2. What would Almeda like to include in a poem?
3. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
4. On what does Almeda sit?
5. What does Almeda consider as she sits all day?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)