|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following roles did Almeda not assume for her father after the death of her mother?
(d) Business partner.
2. Which of the following does Jarvis not note about Almeda this morning?
(a) She is vulnerable.
(b) She is defiant.
(c) Her hair is undone.
(d) She is in her night clothes.
3. Which of the following does Jarvis not do at Almeda's house this morning?
(a) Come onto the porch.
(b) Knock on the door.
(c) Retreat without knocking.
(d) Retrieve a note.
4. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
(a) In the Vidette.
(b) In the women's clubs.
(c) In church.
(d) In the restaurants.
5. To what does Almeda attribute her ill feelings this morning?
(b) The flu.
(c) Food intolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jarvis immediately surmise about the condition of the woman at the gate?
2. How does Almeda always try to conduct herself in town?
3. In what country is the Meneseteung River located?
4. Almeda waits for Jarvis to ________________________.
5. Jarvis never escorts Almeda to _____________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)