|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
(a) A ride in the country.
(b) The opera.
(c) Church social.
(d) Dinner and dancing.
2. According to Almeda, marriage would mean __________________ existence.
(a) A joyful.
(b) An exhilirating.
(c) A fun-filled.
(d) An austere.
3. How does Almeda always try to conduct herself in town?
(a) Without speaking to anyone.
(b) With lots of fun.
(c) With lots of friends.
(d) With propriety.
4. How does the author show Almeda's naivete about the life of the lower class people in town?
(a) She thinks the swamp is beautiful.
(b) She does not give to charities.
(c) She never goes outside or talks to anyone.
(d) She always gives to charities.
5. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
(a) The morning.
(b) High noon.
(d) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
2. Almeda thinks the items around her ________________.
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. What does Almeda put into her beverage?
5. What literary technique does the author use to compare the flow of Almeda's emotional pain to a river?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)