|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Alpine Idyll.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hills Like White Elephants," what does he promise the girl they can have once the operation is over?
(a) The whole sea.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new car.
(d) The whole world.
2. What is the name of the man Manuel begs to let him return to fighting in "The Undefeated"?
3. At the end of "In Another Country," what does the major do?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Smiles and thanks the doctors.
(c) Wiggles his fixed hand.
(d) Looks out the window.
4. What is the major’s full name in "In Another Country"?
(a) Signor Maggiore.
(b) Signor Jacob.
(c) Signor Salvador.
(d) Major Jacob.
5. In "The Killers," who are the two killers searching for and trying to kill?
(a) A Swede named Ole Andreson.
(c) A cook named Sam.
(d) Nick Andreson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Canary For One," what does the American purchase while waiting for the train to move?
2. What does Pinn put on the stove when he enters the major's room in "A Simple Enquiry"?
3. What does the peasant drink while at the inn in the story "An Alpine Idyll"?
4. What was the cause of the peasant’s wife’s death in "An Alpine Idyll"?
5. In "A Canary For One," why had the American couple been in Vevey?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)