|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifty Grand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heritage is the character Jack in "Fifty Grand"?
2. Which character does Manuel call his only true friend in "The Undefeated"?
3. In "The Killers," who get’s tied up together by the killers?
(a) Nick and George.
(b) Nick and Sam.
(c) George and Ole.
(d) Only Nick.
4. In the story "The Killers," why does Ole Andreson not want to go out?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He drank too much beer the night before.
(c) He is scared of the killer.
(d) He is waiting for a phone call from his wife.
5. In "Hills Like White Elephants," what does he promise the girl they can have once the operation is over?
(a) The whole world.
(b) The whole sea.
(c) A new house.
(d) A new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jack bet on Walcott winning the fight in the story "Fifty Grand"?
2. How many kilometers did the man travel with Guy and his friend in the story "Che Ti Dice La Patria?"
3. Where does the story "Hills Like White Elephants" take place?
4. In "Che Ti Dice La Patria?" what is the man that Guy and his friend pick up carrying?
5. In "The Killers," what advice does the cook give to Nick about getting involved with the killers?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)