|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Another Country.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zurito agree to help Manuel in his last bullfight in "The Undefeated"?
(a) Because he feels bad for Manuel and wants to see him suffer.
(b) Because Manuel promises to retire from bullfighting if he loses.
(c) Because he secretly made a bet on Manuel’s loss.
(d) Because Renata bribed him to help Manuel.
2. At the beginning of "The Undefeated," where had Manuel just been relieved from?
(a) The insane asylum.
(b) The hospital.
(d) A crime scene.
3. In "The Undefeated," what is the name of the specific bullfight that Retana agrees to let Manuel fight in?
(a) the Festival Fight
(b) The Riverdale.
(c) The Nocturnal.
(d) The Championship.
4. What does Zurito say to Manuel, in "The Undefeated"?
(a) That he is retiring.
(b) That he is still recoverying from his injury and too week to bullfight.
(c) That he is too old to be fighting anymore.
(d) That he will win the bullfight.
5. Which character does Manuel call his only true friend in "The Undefeated"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is Manuel than Zurito in "The Undefeated"?
2. In "In Another Country," what does the narrator tell the major he will do after the war?
3. In "In Another Country," what illness did the major’s wife die of?
4. In "The Undefeated," how many times does Manuel stab the bull before it dies?
5. In "In Another Country," what is the name of the device that will heal the soldiers?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)