|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Pursuit Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Pinn have to the major in "A Simple Enquiry"?
(a) Pinn is the major's cousin.
(b) Pinn is the major's son.
(c) Pinn is the major's brother.
(d) Pinn is the major's orderly.
2. In "A Pursuite Race," what does Mr. Turner call William when he arrives at his room?
(a) A fool.
(b) A drunkard.
(c) A beast.
(d) A drunken fool.
3. In the story “A Pursuit Race,” what has William Campbell been in a pursuit race with?
(a) The circus.
(b) A burlesque.
(c) A woman.
(d) A motorcycle gang.
4. Where was William when the burlesque show caught up with him in "A Pursuit Race"?
(a) At the bar.
(c) In bed.
5. In the story "The Killers," why does Ole Andreson not want to go out?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He is waiting for a phone call from his wife.
(c) He is scared of the killer.
(d) He drank too much beer the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of crime did Ole Andreson committ in Chicago in "The Killers"?
2. What does Pinn put on the stove when he enters the major's room in "A Simple Enquiry"?
3. What is Mr. Turner's relationship to William in "A Pursuite Race"?
4. In "A Simple Enquiry," why does the major put oil on his face?
5. In "A Pursuit Race," what word does Mr. Turner use instead of saying "drunk" to William?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)