|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Pursuit Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story “A Pursuit Race,” what has William Campbell been in a pursuit race with?
(a) A woman.
(b) A burlesque.
(c) A motorcycle gang.
(d) The circus.
2. In "A Pursuite Race," what does Mr. Turner call William when he arrives at his room?
(a) A drunken fool.
(b) A drunkard.
(c) A fool.
(d) A beast.
3. In "The Killers," who are the two killers searching for and trying to kill?
(b) A Swede named Ole Andreson.
(c) Nick Andreson.
(d) A cook named Sam.
4. What does the major say will likely happen if Pinn returns to the war in the story "A Simple Enquiry"?
(a) He will never marry.
(b) He will become an officer of war.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will never marry.
5. What does Pinn put on the stove when he enters the major's room in "A Simple Enquiry"?
(a) Some large logs.
(c) Some pine branches.
(d) An old newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Killers," why does Ole Andreson not want to go out?
2. Where was William when the burlesque show caught up with him in "A Pursuit Race"?
3. What time do the two killers arrive to the restaurant in "The Killers"?
4. Who greets the door when Nick arrives to talk with Ole Andreson in "The Killers"?
5. In "A Pursuit Race," what word does Mr. Turner use instead of saying "drunk" to William?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)