|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car had Joshua bought in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux"?
2. When Ward's father's car ran out of gas in "We Are Watching," how far did the car have to be pushed to the gas station?
3. What type of tree shaded the bleachers at the park in "Charles Joseph Martin"?
4. How many children did C.J.'s mother have?
5. How many weeks did the camp run where Ward was a counselor in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Ward's siblings doing in school?
2. What did Ward do after she finished her master's coursework at Stanford in April 2000?
3. Why did Ward's mother enjoy the move to Gulfport?
4. How did Ward's job search proceed in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux?
5. Where did Joshua find a job in June and what did he do there in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux"?
6. Why did Ward get tattoos on her wrists?
7. Why did Ward volunteer to be a counselor for a camp run by her school?
8. What did Ward and those in her community mistrust in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
9. How was Ward able to attend a private school?
10. How did Ward find herself wandering around New York when she lived there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua found a cellar in the woods. What did the cellar symbolize for Ward, and how did the cellar come to haunt her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Ward writes with heart about her subject and that affects the mood of the memoir. What is the prevalent mood throughout the novel? What does that reveal about how Ward feels about the events and how they affect her life?
Essay Topic 3
C. J. didn't believe in a future for himself. How did C. J. live that revealed his belief that life was transient? How did that belief affect the way he lived his life?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)