|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ward lived in New York, how long did she live with her then-boyfriend?
2. What type of trees surrounded the property where Ward's family moved in "We Are Learning"?
3. What did Ronald self-medicate with?
4. What movie did a cousin take Joshua and Ward to see in "We Are Learning"?
5. What type of vehicle did Ward's mother buy before they moved to Gulport?
Short Essay Questions
1. After leaving the family in Gulfport, what did Ward's father do?
2. How did Ward's job search proceed in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux?
3. How did Ronald die?
4. When did C.J. and Charine begin dating, and why did some family members not like their dating?
5. During Ward's time at the private school, how many students were not White?
6. Why did Ward volunteer to be a counselor for a camp run by her school?
7. What reason did Ward give for writing the words she wrote?
8. Why was the role of father difficult for Ward's father to assume?
9. How was Ward able to attend a private school?
10. How did Ward find herself wandering around New York when she lived there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Ward's maternal and paternal grandparents were divorced. How did the divorces affect Ward's parents and the roles they assumed in their families? How did the divorces affect the type of people that Ward's parents became and later Ward and her siblings became?
Essay Topic 2
Ward struggled with grief after Joshua died. In what ways did she struggle with grief? Why was it so difficult for her to deal with her brother's death? In what ways was she able to cope with his death?
Essay Topic 3
Race has played a role in Ward's past. How has race affected her ancestors and herself? Have these effects been mostly negative or positive?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)