|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it in "Ronald Wayne Lizana," when Ward saw Ronald at the park?
2. How old was Charine the day Ward took pictures of C. J. at the park in "Charles Joseph Martin"?
3. How many piled into a Suburban with Ward in "Charles Joseph Martin" to go to New Orleans?
4. In 2009, what percent of Mississippi's population lived below the poverty level?
5. How many children did Ward say that her father had in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ward call herself shortsighted about her return home from college?
2. Why didn Ward not develop a relationship with any of the other Black students who attended her private school?
3. What did Ward and those in her community mistrust in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
4. What did Ward say about Ronald's living situations when she knew him in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
5. When did Ward remember first seeing C.J., and what did he look like at that time?
6. Why did Ward get tattoos on her wrists?
7. When did C.J. and Charine begin dating, and why did some family members not like their dating?
8. What did Ward do after she finished her master's coursework at Stanford in April 2000?
9. What would Ward's mother pack for her children when they went to stay with their father and why?
10. During Ward's time at the private school, how many students were not White?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As time went on the memories of Joshua were fading. What did Ward want to remember about her brother? What did she want others to remember? How did she strive to keep those memories alive?
Essay Topic 2
Both Ward's maternal and paternal grandparents were divorced. How did the divorces affect Ward's parents and the roles they assumed in their families? How did the divorces affect the type of people that Ward's parents became and later Ward and her siblings became?
Essay Topic 3
Ward struggled with grief after Joshua died. In what ways did she struggle with grief? Why was it so difficult for her to deal with her brother's death? In what ways was she able to cope with his death?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)