|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ward lived in New York, how long did she stay with an actor?
2. In how many states is at a least a quarter of the population African American?
3. What season was it in "Ronald Wayne Lizana," when Ward saw Ronald at the park?
4. What was the name of the boy who bothered Ward in "We Are Watching"?
5. What job did Ward's mother have when she worked in Diamondhead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ward volunteer to be a counselor for a camp run by her school?
2. When did Ward remember first seeing C.J., and what did he look like at that time?
3. During Ward's time at the private school, how many students were not White?
4. What did Ward do after she finished her master's coursework at Stanford in April 2000?
5. How did C. J. die?
6. How did Ward's job search proceed in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux?
7. Why did Ward call herself shortsighted about her return home from college?
8. Why did Ward's mother enjoy the move to Gulfport?
9. How did Ward find herself wandering around New York when she lived there?
10. How did Ronald die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ward struggled with grief after Joshua died. In what ways did she struggle with grief? Why was it so difficult for her to deal with her brother's death? In what ways was she able to cope with his death?
Essay Topic 2
Ward uses a metaphor to describe her hometown. What metaphor does Ward use to describe her hometown? In what ways is her town like a wolf and why does she come to that conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Ward struggled with thoughts of suicide after her brother's death. Why did she struggle with those thoughts? What were some ways that she tried to keep herself from committing suicide? What was the most important reason for not committing suicide and how did that keep her living?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)