|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ward's grandmother Dorothy's parents have?
2. How old was Charine when Ward first went away to college?
3. In "Roger Eric Daniels III," were did Rog live?
4. When was Demond born?
5. How long of a drive was it from Michigan to Mississippi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ward describe Aldon in 2004?
2. How did Ward describe her school and her life?
3. How did Ward's father get the money to buy a motorcycle?
4. What were the circumstances of Ward's birth?
5. What did Demond look like when Ward met him?
6. What was Ward's mother's home and yard like?
7. What was the club like that Ward and her friends went to in "Demond Cook"?
8. What did Ward's classmates from Michigan do during the summer?
9. Why was Demond unusual?
10. What did Ward say about the names of her hometown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ward struggled with grief after Joshua died. In what ways did she struggle with grief? Why was it so difficult for her to deal with her brother's death? In what ways was she able to cope with his death?
Essay Topic 2
Ward writes with heart about her subject and that affects the mood of the memoir. What is the prevalent mood throughout the novel? What does that reveal about how Ward feels about the events and how they affect her life?
Essay Topic 3
C. J. didn't believe in a future for himself. How did C. J. live that revealed his belief that life was transient? How did that belief affect the way he lived his life?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)