|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Ward live in the Bay area after she was born?
2. In "Roger Eric Daniels III," were did Rog live?
3. How was Aldon related to Ward?
4. How old was Ward when her family moved to a single-wide trailer on a dead-end road in DeLisle?
5. When was Ward's mother's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was there a woods in "We Are Wounded" that belonged to Du Pont?
2. How did Ward's father get the money to buy a motorcycle?
3. Why was Demond unusual?
4. What did Ward's classmates from Michigan do during the summer?
5. What did Demond look like when Ward met him?
6. What was Ward's mother's home and yard like?
7. What were some of the jobs that Demond held?
8. How did Demond die?
9. When Ward was growing up in DeLisle in the 1980s, how was stealing handled?
10. How did Ward describe where her father lived in New Orleans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Class and race affected Ward when she attended a private school. What is the difference between class and race? How did each affect the lives that Ward, her family, and her friends lived?
Essay Topic 2
Both Ward's maternal and paternal grandparents were divorced. How did the divorces affect Ward's parents and the roles they assumed in their families? How did the divorces affect the type of people that Ward's parents became and later Ward and her siblings became?
Essay Topic 3
Life in Ward's community seemed to be futile. Why did life seem futile? How did that affect the way that Ward and others in her community lived and died?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)