|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Ward take in high school?
2. How many children did C.J.'s mother have?
3. When Ward lived in New York, how long did she sleep on the antique sofa that belonged to some rich White friends?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three months.
4. What type of tree shaded the bleachers at the park in "Charles Joseph Martin"?
(c) Spanish oak.
5. What type of trees surrounded the property where Ward's family moved in "We Are Learning"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "We Are Learning," what color was the old mansion where Ward's mother worked for a white family?
2. When did Ward finish her master's coursework at Stanford?
3. What type of trees screened the city park from Scenic Drive, the highway, and the beach?
4. How old was C. J. when he dropped out of school?
5. In "Joshua Adam Dedeaux," how long had Ward been dating her boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Ward's siblings doing in school?
2. What reason did Ward give for writing the words she wrote?
3. Why did Ward's mother not have many options for work?
4. When did C.J. and Charine begin dating, and why did some family members not like their dating?
5. How did Joshua die?
6. When did Ward remember first seeing C.J., and what did he look like at that time?
7. What was Ronald like in elementary school?
8. Why did Ward get tattoos on her wrists?
9. How was Ward able to attend a private school?
10. Why did Ward's mother enjoy the move to Gulfport?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)