|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "We Are Learning," what color was the old mansion where Ward's mother worked for a white family?
(b) Sea green.
(c) Dark blue.
2. How old was C.J. when Ward went off to college?
3. At what camp was Ward a counslor in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
(b) Whispering Pines.
(d) All God's Critters.
4. What type of cake did Joshua have on his last birthday?
(c) Angel food.
(d) German chocolate.
5. How many days before Charine's birthday did Joshua die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car did Ward's father drive when he picked them up from the theater after their cousin passed out drunk?
2. What type of trees screened the city park from Scenic Drive, the highway, and the beach?
3. What season was it in "Ronald Wayne Lizana," when Ward saw Ronald at the park?
4. Where did Ward have a boyfriend in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux"?
5. How much higher were the suicide rates for Black males than those of Black women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason did Ward give for writing the words she wrote?
2. Why did Ward get tattoos on her wrists?
3. Why was the role of father difficult for Ward's father to assume?
4. What did Ward give up to move to Mississippi and what did the place do to her?
5. What did Ward say about Ronald's living situations when she knew him in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
6. What did Ward and those in her community mistrust in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
7. After leaving the family in Gulfport, what did Ward's father do?
8. Why did Ward pray in "We Are Learning" to move back to DeLisle?
9. During Ward's time at the private school, how many students were not White?
10. How did Joshua die?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)