|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ward lived in New York, how long did she stay with an actor?
(a) 12 months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Eight months.
2. In what year did a 17-year-old girl named Darlene attempt to cross the tracks in Pass Christian and get hit by a train?
3. How high did Ward's credit card debt climb in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux"?
4. Where did Ronald first move after he argued with his mother?
(a) With his grandmother.
(b) With his father.
(c) With Ward's family.
(d) With his older sister.
5. In "We Are Here," how many Black Mississippi men in their 20s were inmates in the Mississippi prison system?
(a) 5 out of 20.
(b) 1 out of 12.
(c) 3 out of 15.
(d) 2 out 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car did Ward's mother drive when she picked Ward up at the New Orleans airport in "Joshua Adam Dedeaux"?
2. What type of puppy did C. J. find for Charine in "Charles Joseph Martin"?
3. When was Joshua born?
4. What was the name of the cousin who took Joshua and Ward to see a movie in "We Are Learning?"
5. Where did Ward's father move when they moved to DeLisle in "We Are Learning"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ward's mother not have many options for work?
2. What did Ward's father do when Joshua died?
3. What did Ward do after she finished her master's coursework at Stanford in April 2000?
4. After leaving the family in Gulfport, what did Ward's father do?
5. Why did parents who allowed company, not want company too often?
6. Why was the role of father difficult for Ward's father to assume?
7. What did Ward and those in her community mistrust in "Ronald Wayne Lizana"?
8. How was Ward able to attend a private school?
9. What did Ward give up to move to Mississippi and what did the place do to her?
10. Why did Ward volunteer to be a counselor for a camp run by her school?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)