|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Aldon related to Ward?
(b) Second cousin.
2. In "We Are Wounded," what was the name of Ward's cousin who hunted in the Du Pont forest?
3. Where was Ward's father offered a scholarship to attend?
(a) Electrician's training.
(b) Art school.
(c) University of Mississippi.
(d) University of California.
4. When did Ward meet Demond?
(a) When she was 12.
(b) As a toddler.
(c) As an adult.
(d) When she was 16.
5. When did adults from DeLisle arrange visits to other communities in Alabama or Louisia to match children with marriageable mates?
(a) Late 1800s.
(c) Early 1900s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirts did Ward's female ancestor's wear in photos she referred to in "We Are In Wolf Town"?
2. What time period was covered in "We Are in Wolf Town"?
3. Where did Ward meet Demond?
4. In 1982, where did Ward's father work?
5. What color was the trailer Ward and her family moved to from their small house in the big field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ward remember doing with her Uncle Bookie?
2. What type of party did Ward have for her seventh birthday?
3. What did Ward's maternal grandmother remember about traveling to visit relatives north of DeLisle?
4. What did Demond look like when Ward met him?
5. How did Ward describe photographs of her ancestors in "We Are in Wolf Town"?
6. What happened to Ward that taught her a lesson about sudden violence?
7. What did Ward's mother look like when she and Ward's father were first married?
8. Why in the 1900s did adults in DeLisle arrange visits with other communities in Alabama or Louisiana?
9. How hard of a worker was Ward's maternal grandmother, Dorothy?
10. What did Ward say about the names of her hometown?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)