|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ward's father move when they moved to DeLisle in "We Are Learning"?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
2. What type of puppy did C. J. find for Charine in "Charles Joseph Martin"?
(b) Pit bull.
(c) German shepherd.
3. What years did Ward cover in "We Are Learning"?
4. When were many of the houses built where Ward moved in "We Are Watching"?
5. What did the author think she would see a moment after death?
(a) Josh in an '85 Cutlass.
(b) Josh in a '85 Corolla.
(c) Her family welcoming her.
(d) All the young men she wrote about.
6. What color ice chest did C. J. and Duck drag to Ward's mother's house?
7. When Joshua was 13 how much of the summer did he live at his father's apartment?
(a) One month.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two months.
8. How much higher were the suicide rates for Black males than those of Black women?
(a) Three times as high.
(b) About 25% higher.
(c) About 30% higher.
(d) Twice as high.
9. How old was C.J. when Ward went off to college?
10. Where did Ronald meet a cousin the night before he died?
(b) Long Beach.
(c) Pass Christian.
(d) Orange Grove.
11. In "We Are Watching," how many bedrooms did the homes have in the subdivision where Ward's family moved?
(c) Two and three.
(d) One and two.
12. What type of vehicle did Ward's mother buy before they moved to Gulport?
13. When was Joshua born?
(a) October, 27, 1980.
(b) May 15, 1981.
(c) June 11, 1982.
(d) August 1, 1979.
14. What grade was Ward in when her family moved to Gulfport in "We Are Watching"?
15. What highway did Josh take home the night he died?
(b) Highway 53.
(c) Highway 90.
(d) Highway 49
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ward lived in New York, how long did she stay with an actor?
2. In what year did a 17-year-old girl named Darlene attempt to cross the tracks in Pass Christian and get hit by a train?
3. In 2009, what percent of Mississippi's population lived below the poverty level?
4. What type of housing did Ward's family move to in "We Are Learning"?
5. At the beginning of "Ronald Wayne Lizana," how old was Ronald?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)