|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Louise when Mungo raped her?
2. Which two of the Codrington girls are twins?
(a) Victoria and Elizabeth.
(b) Salina and Elizabeth.
(c) Victoria and Catherine.
(d) Cartherine and Robyn.
3. When the advance team is surrounded and one of the men is sent back to Mungo, what does the man sent to Mungo request?
(d) A machine gun.
4. What present does Robyn receive from her grandfather that is more precious to Robyn than her own life's blood?
(a) Carbolic acid.
5. Where are Mungo and Louise the first time she rebels against him during one of Mungo's schemes?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jameson ask to help him bring in Lobengula?
2. What is the name of the partner that Ralph takes on?
3. How many days pass being out on her own before Louise is lost?
4. After Bazo fakes Ralph's death and lets him go, how does Bazo feel?
5. When Bazo lays down with Tanase just after she has had a vision, who does Tanase warn Bazo not to trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Zouga, why are some of Lobengula's regiments on the Zambezi unable to fight?
2. When Mungo receives the letter telling him that his wife has died, Mungo is free to finally marry Louise. What does Mungo do when he receives the letter?
3. As Mungo's health improves after the surgery, he begins to go for longer and longer walks. Why are Mungo's walks a respite for him?
4. When Salina declares her love for Jordan, how does Jordan respond?
5. Why does Jameson send a party of mounted men to the Umlimo?
6. Why do Jim Thorn and Will Daniel trail behind the rest of Mungo's group that is following Lobengula?
7. According to Bazo, why does he not have sex with the girl who cooks for him?
8. When Ralph first meets his Uncle Codrington, Ralph claims that he would have known his uncle anywhere. How?
9. When Bazo captures Ralph under orders from the king to kill whomever was responsible, how and why does Bazo react as he does?
10. Explain the upshot of the note Jameson pens to London, and Jameson's recommendation.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)