|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lobengula pay Ralph for the guns and bottles Ralph carries up from Kimberley?
2. Who ends up finding Louise in the desert?
3. After Bazo fakes Ralph's death and lets him go, how does Bazo feel?
4. How is Hendrick Naaiman killed?
(a) In a riot.
(b) In a shootout.
(c) In an I.D.B sting.
(d) In a knife fight.
5. What is the name of Robyn Codrington's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cathy goes to live in the British South Africa Company's camp on the Macloutsi River, she is the only woman among how many men?
2. Who watches the column of men ride into the British South Africa Company's camp and realizes that the men are not there to dig holes, but are actually soldiers?
3. While Zouga and Jordan are traveling back to Kimberley, what does Jordan liken diamonds to?
4. How many statues do Ralph and Isazi take with them when they head to Zimbabwe?
5. What is NOT the name of one of Robyn's books?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Zouga, why are some of Lobengula's regiments on the Zambezi unable to fight?
2. Why do Jim Thorn and Will Daniel trail behind the rest of Mungo's group that is following Lobengula?
3. When Kamuza gives the gold to Will and Jim, what do Jim and Will tell Kamuza?
4. When Ralph heads back to Lobengula's encampment, he meets Bazo along the way. What does Bazo assure Ralph of?
5. When Louise leaves the king's camp, she has a plan in place. What is Louise's plan?
6. What are the instructions that Mungo gives to his advance team just before they cross the swollen river?
7. As Mungo's health improves after the surgery, he begins to go for longer and longer walks. Why are Mungo's walks a respite for him?
8. Why is the girl who cooks for Bazo and cleans his wounds, as Bazo marches his captives back from Pemba's to King Lobengula, happy that Pemba is dead?
9. When Louise hears her mule scream in terror, she climbs a sycamore tree. Why?
10. According to the girl who cooks for Bazo, and cleans his wounds as Bazo marches his captives back from Pemba's to King Lobengula, what is the only way that Bazo can protect her from other wizards?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)