|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lobengula's men hear of the woman Zouga's soldier makes sport of, who tries to be the voice of reason and settle Lobengula's men down?
2. Who watches the column of men ride into the British South Africa Company's camp and realizes that the men are not there to dig holes, but are actually soldiers?
3. How many statues do Ralph and Isazi take with them when they head to Zimbabwe?
4. When Gandang sees "the stars are shining on the hills" as was prophesied to Lobengula, what is actually making the light on the hills?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A fire pit.
(c) A generator.
(d) A searchlight.
5. After the mounted party clears the narrow cliffs, how many Matabele warriors are waiting to fight the mounted party?
6. When Mungo is taking aim at Naaiman, whose image floats in front of his eyes and causes him to miss his shot?
7. After the double wedding ceremony, who commits suicide?
8. When Mr. Rhodes wants a theme for his new mansion, what does Jordan suggest that Rhodes use as his theme?
(a) The diamond.
(b) The desert.
(c) The Indian culture.
(d) The bird.
9. When Ralph arrives at the Codringtons, he is being watched. Who is watching Ralph's approach?
10. Who is promoted to be Dr. Jameson's chief of staff?
(a) Mungo St. John.
(b) Robyn Codrington.
(c) Cecil Rhodes.
(d) Zouga Ballantyne.
11. Where is Lobengula's final resting place?
(a) A cave.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A diamond pit.
(d) A church.
12. How is Hendrick Naaiman killed?
(a) In a riot.
(b) In a knife fight.
(c) In a shootout.
(d) In an I.D.B sting.
13. Who is the eldest Codrington daughter?
14. How many men does it take to carry Lobengula to his final resting place?
15. At the story's end, who does Mungo marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT the name of one of Robyn's books?
2. At the double wedding ceremony, who does Louise marry?
3. What do the Codrington girls call King Mzilikazi?
4. How many days pass being out on her own before Louise is lost?
5. What was the name of the slave ship on which Robyn had first met the patient that has been sent to Robyn by her grandfather?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)