|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As part of Bazo's reward for bringing the king Pemba's head, how many men will Bazo now command?
(a) Five hundred men.
(b) One thousand men.
(c) Five thousand men.
(d) One hundred men.
2. When Bazo asks King Lobengula for a task to prove Bazo's loyalty, what does Lobengula tell Bazo to bring to him?
(a) The blue diamond.
(b) The soapstone sculpture.
(c) Pemba's head.
(d) Zouga's head.
3. Who stands on a high hill and watches Mungo depart on the search for his wife?
4. After meeting with the oracle, King Lobengula calls for Nomusa to meet with him. Who is Nomusa?
(a) Neville Pickering.
(b) Robyn Codrington.
(c) Cecil Rhodes.
(d) Zouga Ballantyne.
5. When Gandang sees "the stars are shining on the hills" as was prophesied to Lobengula, what is actually making the light on the hills?
(a) A generator.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A fire pit.
(d) A searchlight.
6. How many men does Mungo allow the group leader of his advance team to take across the swollen river?
7. What stands at the head of the steps to the cottage that used to belong to Tom Harkness that Zouga is now living in?
(a) A soapstone sculpture.
(b) A yellow diamond.
(c) An Indian carving.
(d) A blue-marbled stone.
8. Who tells Robyn of Clinton's death?
9. As Jameson's mounted party makes its way to Umlimo, what is offered to the mounted men as they pass by the other soldiers?
(b) Land grants.
10. When does the British Foreign Secretary approve the occupation of Mashonaland?
(a) February 1890.
(b) July 1890.
(c) April 1892.
(d) September 1892.
11. Who does Jameson select to lead the party of mounted men to Umlimo?
12. What does remembering a passage from Zouga's book as she wanders in the desert help Louise to find?
13. Who carves the crutch out of Mopani wood that Mungo uses to get around after his surgery?
14. When the unknown patient sent to Robyn by her grandfather finally appears, who is the patient?
(a) Leander Jameson.
(b) Jordan Ballantyne.
(c) Neville Pickering.
(d) Mungo St. John.
15. How old was Louise when Mungo raped her?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jordan arrives at the cottage that used to belong to Tom Harkness, where Zouga is now living, who is the first person that Jordan sees?
2. How does Lobengula pay Ralph for the guns and bottles Ralph carries up from Kimberley?
3. What role did the girl who cooks for Bazo and cleans his wounds fill for Pemba before she was captured by Bazo?
4. How long after Mungo's surgery does Robyn remove the stitches from his surgery?
5. Who has a witch doctor make the poison that Lobengula uses to take his own life?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)