|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bazo marches his captives back from Pemba's to King Lobengula, who does Bazo meet on the journey?
2. At the double wedding ceremony, who does Cathy marry?
3. What does Lobengula do before he and his surviving troops abandon their camp?
(b) Bury their dead.
(c) Burn the camp down.
(d) Rescue their woman and children.
4. What do the Codrington girls call King Mzilikazi?
(a) King Silly Cat.
(b) King Diamond.
(c) Man King.
(d) King Wonder Boy.
5. When the advance team is surrounded and one of the men is sent back to Mungo, what does the man sent to Mungo request?
(d) A machine gun.
6. After the double wedding ceremony, who commits suicide?
7. How many bags of gold does Lobengula tell Kamuza to use as a last offering to the white man?
(a) Five bags of gold.
(b) Twenty bags of gold.
(c) Fifteen bags of gold.
(d) Ten bags of gold.
8. How old was Louise when Mungo raped her?
9. As Ralph prepares to leave the Codringtons, how long does he tell Cathy that he will be gone for?
(a) Six or seven months.
(b) Twelve or thirteen months.
(c) Nine or ten months.
(d) Three or four months.
10. What was the name of the slave ship on which Robyn had first met the patient that has been sent to Robyn by her grandfather?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Bearer.
(c) The Huron.
(d) The King.
11. What does the name that Tanase and Bazo give their son mean?
12. When Lobengula's men hear of the woman Zouga's soldier makes sport of, who tries to be the voice of reason and settle Lobengula's men down?
13. When Mr. Rhodes wants a theme for his new mansion, what does Jordan suggest that Rhodes use as his theme?
(a) The bird.
(b) The diamond.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Indian culture.
14. After the mounted party clears the narrow cliffs, how many Matabele warriors are waiting to fight the mounted party?
15. While Zouga and Jordan are traveling back to Kimberley, what does Jordan liken diamonds to?
(a) Nature's mistakes.
(b) Nature's miracles.
(c) Nature's currency.
(d) Nature's wonder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the column of men rides into the British South Africa Company's camp, how many warriors does King Lobengula have?
2. When Cathy goes to live in the British South Africa Company's camp on the Macloutsi River, she is the only woman among how many men?
3. How many days pass before Mungo is finally allowed to leave the king's camp and search for Louise?
4. What is the name of the partner that Ralph takes on?
5. What stands at the head of the steps to the cottage that used to belong to Tom Harkness that Zouga is now living in?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)