|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Louise when Mungo raped her?
2. When Mungo is taking aim at Naaiman, whose image floats in front of his eyes and causes him to miss his shot?
3. How long after Mungo's surgery does Robyn remove the stitches from his surgery?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Fifteen days.
4. What is the name of the partner that Ralph takes on?
(a) Mark Johnson.
(b) Frank Johnson.
(c) Fred Johnson.
(d) Alex Johnson.
5. At the story's end, who does Mungo marry?
6. When Ralph arrives at the Codringtons, he is being watched. Who is watching Ralph's approach?
7. What stands at the head of the steps to the cottage that used to belong to Tom Harkness that Zouga is now living in?
(a) A soapstone sculpture.
(b) A yellow diamond.
(c) An Indian carving.
(d) A blue-marbled stone.
8. When an unknown person rides up to Robyn Codrington's home, who is on the horse?
(a) Cecil Rhodes.
(b) Louise St. John.
(c) Zouga Ballantyne.
(d) Jan Cheroot.
9. What is the name of the last river to cross before reaching the king's kraal at GuBulawayo?
(a) The Gharon River.
(b) The Nee River.
(c) The Monati River.
(d) The Khami River.
10. At the double wedding ceremony, who does Cathy marry?
11. When does the British Foreign Secretary approve the occupation of Mashonaland?
(a) July 1890.
(b) April 1892.
(c) September 1892.
(d) February 1890.
12. Who ends up finding Louise in the desert?
13. Who stands on a high hill and watches Mungo depart on the search for his wife?
14. As Lobengula's men attack the laager, which of Lobengula's commanders holds his troops back and end up being the only ones to survive?
15. Who has a witch doctor make the poison that Lobengula uses to take his own life?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Zouga and Jordan are traveling back to Kimberley, what does Jordan liken diamonds to?
2. According to what Zouga tells Cecil, what do they need in order to survive?
3. At the double wedding ceremony, who does Louise marry?
4. When Lobengula's men hear of the woman Zouga's soldier makes sport of, who tries to be the voice of reason and settle Lobengula's men down?
5. What does Lobengula do before he and his surviving troops abandon their camp?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)