|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Falcon," what is the narrator's job?
2. What does Umm Saad debate about doing for her son?
(a) Visiting him.
(b) Disowning him.
(c) Sending him money.
(d) Sending him food.
3. How much does a skeleton cost?
(a) 30 lire.
(b) 75 lire.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 50 lire.
4. In "The Falcon," where are the guards from?
(a) The city.
(b) The US.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The desert.
5. In "The Falcon," what does one of the workers call the engineers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Hand in the Grave," why does the father feel the way he does?
2. Who did Jadaan used to pay to fulfill his responsibility?
3. Who is Umm Saad's favorite child?
4. When Nabil's father asks him why he is tired, what does Nabil reply with?
5. Where does Umm Saad move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would it be irrational for Suhail to think that he stuck his fingers in the corpse's eyes?
2. Why does Nabil transfer out of medical school?
3. Briefly describe the story of the Nar.
4. How does Umm Saad support her son at the end of the story?
5. Why does Nabil decide to rob a grave?
6. How does Umm Saad want to support her son?
7. How do Nabil and Suhail react upon entering the graveyard?
8. What does Umm Saad think of her other two children?
9. Why is Umm Saad disappointed when the narrator tells her that soldiers have no need for mothers?
10. How do the images of Umm Saad vary, regarding her temperament?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)