|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Umm Saad wonder about the commander?
(a) Whether he will be friends with Saad.
(b) Whether he will discharge Saad.
(c) Whether he will give Saad a gun.
(d) Whether he will write to her.
2. In "The Falcon," who does not bother remembering the engineers' names?
3. How long ago was Jadaan a hunter?
(a) Twenty years ago.
(b) Five years ago.
(c) Ten years ago.
(d) One year ago.
4. What does the father note, concerning Nabil?
(a) That Nabil looks disheveled.
(b) That Nabil looks tired.
(c) That Nabil looks high on drugs.
(d) That Nabil looks refreshed.
5. How often does Umm Saad visit someone after her move?
(a) Every Friday.
(b) Every Thursday.
(c) Every Wednesday.
(d) Every Tuesday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town did Umm Saad used to live in?
2. What is the name of Jadaan's falcon?
3. What kind of woman is Umm Saad?
4. When did Jadaan fall in love?
5. What happens to the falcon after a week?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Umm Saad related to the narrator, and how is this revealed?
2. How do Nabil and Suhail react upon entering the graveyard?
3. Why does Nabil transfer out of medical school?
4. What is the rumor concerning Jadaan and a red-haired woman?
5. Why is Umm Saad disappointed when the narrator tells her that soldiers have no need for mothers?
6. How does Umm Saad want to support her son?
7. Why does Nabil decide to rob a grave?
8. How does Jadaan show his indifference to everyone around him?
9. What did Jadaan do after he met the red-haired woman?
10. How is Abdallah different from Jadaan in their jobs?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)