|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Land of the Sad Oranges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lies to Assad and leaves him on the road?
(b) Ustaz Selim.
(d) Abul Khaizarun.
2. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," what happens to Acre?
(a) The Jews attack the town.
(b) An earthquake hits it.
(c) Arab guerillas take over.
(d) Nothing happens to it.
3. What does Abu Qais learn about his wife?
(a) She is leaving him.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is sick.
4. Why does Abul Khaizarun smuggle men?
(a) All the above.
(b) To genuinely help them.
(c) To have workers.
(d) To make more money.
5. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," when does the narrator return to the house?
(a) At dusk.
(b) The morning.
(c) The middle of the night.
(d) The afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the journey to Kuwait?
2. Who does Abu Qais' wife want him to call?
3. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," what does the father do for the soldiers?
4. What is the orange like at the end of "The Land of Sad Oranges"?
5. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," what kind of reaction does the object the mother hands to the father incite?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)