|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Land of the Sad Oranges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Assad stay in Basra?
(a) A relative's house.
(b) A motel.
(c) The Shatt Hotel.
(d) Abu Qais's house.
2. How long does the family stay in the house in Sidon?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three nights.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four nights.
3. Who does Abul Khaizarun introduce himself to first?
(a) Ustaz Selim.
(d) Abu Qais.
4. How much is the journey to Kuwait?
(a) 20 dinars.
(b) 7 dinars.
(c) 15 dinars.
(d) 3 dinars.
5. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," what makes the narrator understand what the father wanted to do?
(a) The mother tells him.
(b) The father tells him.
(c) Seeing the revolver on the ground.
(d) A neighbor explains it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," why does the family dread the night?
2. What does the damp earth smell like to Abu Qais?
3. What happened to Marwan's father?
4. Who does Abu Qais' wife want him to call?
5. When the narrator runs to the mountains, what does he leave behind in "The Land of Sad Oranges"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)