|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Land of the Sad Oranges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rivers does Abu Qais recall his teacher talking about?
(a) Nile and Euphrates.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Tigris and Euphrates.
(d) Tigris and Nile.
2. How long does Abul Khaizarun actually leave the men in the tank?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Almost an hour.
3. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," who owns the house that the family sleeps in?
(a) A Jewish family.
(b) The government.
(c) An Arab family.
(d) A relative of the family.
4. What does the proprietor insist to Assad about the smuggling?
(a) Assad must pay weeks in advance.
(b) Assad must pay beforehand.
(c) Assad must find five other men to be smuggled.
(d) Assad must pay afterward.
5. What is Marwan's brother's name?
(d) Abu Qais.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the guide tell Assad he will not run away?
2. What kind of journey is it to Kuwait?
3. Who does Abul Khaizarun introduce himself to first?
4. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," where do the men stop on the way out of the town?
5. In "The Land of Sad Oranges," what is the father's mood like immediately after the move?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)