|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
2. Who is the editor-in-chief talking to when the narrator goes into his office as requested?
3. What does the narrator put in his morning coffee?
4. What does the narrator do the night after he first sees the girl?
5. What did the narrator's mother die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator calls Rosa Cabarcas after his lunch with Casilda?
2. What quote strikes the narrator as being particularly poignant as he mourns the loss of his Delgadina?
3. What is the song that the narrator likes to sing to the girl about Delgadina?
4. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
5. Describe how the narrator almost married once.
6. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
7. How does the novel end?
8. What is the narrator's experience like when he goes to the animal shelter to pick up his cat?
9. What happens when the narrator runs into Ximena Ortiz in Chapter 5?
10. What happens on the narrator's taxi ride to the brothel the first time he goes to see the girl?
Essay Topic 1
How do the cultural and historical aspects of the setting impact the narrative? How do they impact the themes of morality and love?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of love and redemption in the novel. Define theme and provide examples from the novel to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the narrator investigating the young girl hit by a bus on her bicycle? Why does the narrator go to the hospital in order to see the victim? What is the greater truth he discovers while he is there?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)