Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
2. Who is the editor-in-chief talking to when the narrator goes into his office as requested?
3. What does the narrator put in his morning coffee?
4. What does the narrator do the night after he first sees the girl?
5. What did the narrator's mother die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator calls Rosa Cabarcas after his lunch with Casilda?
2. What quote strikes the narrator as being particularly poignant as he mourns the loss of his Delgadina?
3. What is the song that the narrator likes to sing to the girl about Delgadina?
4. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
5. Describe how the narrator almost married once.
6. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
7. How does the novel end?
8. What is the narrator's experience like when he goes to the animal shelter to pick up his cat?
9. What happens when the narrator runs into Ximena Ortiz in Chapter 5?
10. What happens on the narrator's taxi ride to the brothel the first time he goes to see the girl?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the allegorical implications of the song of Delgadina. Define allegory and provide examples or quotes to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of the girl and the paradox of her age and innocence. Support your discussion with references to the text.
Essay Topic 3
What qualities does the narrator embody both as a character and as a narrator of the story? What makes him a reliable or unreliable narrator?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)