|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator think left the message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The devil.
(d) The girl.
2. The narrator's columns are read on _________.
(a) The radio.
(c) Town square.
3. What changed most about the girl in their month apart?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her body.
4. What does the girl do while the narrator destroys the room?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Pretends to sleep.
5. What color eyes does the narrator imagine the girl has when she is laughing?
(a) Cat yellow.
(b) Syrup brown.
(c) Grass green.
(d) Ice blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator after he destroys the girl's room?
2. What kind of flowers does the narrator wish he could put in a vase in the girl's room?
3. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
4. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
5. The narrator's column becomes ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
2. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
3. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
4. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
5. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
6. What happens when the narrator sees a bicycle that has been hit by a bus?
7. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
8. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
9. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
10. What does the narrator do about his cat in the first few days of ownership?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)