|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
(a) Says a prayer.
(b) Kisses her lips.
(d) Takes her pulse.
2. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
(a) Empty nest syndrome.
(b) Sexual problems.
(d) Senile dementia.
3. The narrator's column becomes ________.
(a) Love letters.
(c) Angry diatribes.
4. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
(a) A tumor.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Old age.
5. Who wanted the narrator to read romance books?
(a) His father.
(b) His editor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator imagine the girl's kisses taste like?
2. The narrator buys the following to take to the girl's room EXCEPT one.
3. What kind of music does the narrator listen to when he is missing the girl?
4. Who does the narrator hear singing as he enters the girl's room for the third time?
5. What kind of flowers does the narrator wish he could put in a vase in the girl's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
2. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
3. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
4. What does the narrator discuss during his breakfasts with Rosa Cabarcas?
5. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
6. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator the girl's life is like?
7. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
8. What happens when the narrator sees a bicycle that has been hit by a bus?
9. What is the song that the narrator likes to sing to the girl about Delgadina?
10. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)