|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note the girl leaves with her gift call the narrator?
(a) Wise teacher.
(b) Old man.
(c) My love.
(d) Ugly papa.
2. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
3. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator after he destroys the girl's room?
(a) Get out.
(b) This is the end.
(c) You will be sorry.
(d) Go with God.
4. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
(b) Sexual problems.
(c) Empty nest syndrome.
(d) Senile dementia.
5. What does the narrator's house smell like when he returns to find the leaks from the storm?
(b) The girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's column becomes ________.
2. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
3. Who takes the ill cat to the veterinarian?
4. What does the narrator do with the girl the second night?
5. What does the editor of the newspaper call the narrator in defending his new columns?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)