|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator imagine the girl asking him about at breakfast?
(c) His age.
2. The narrator refers to fame as a __________.
(c) Dead man.
(d) Fat lady.
3. What kind of flowers does the narrator wish he could put in a vase in the girl's room?
(b) Pink roses.
(c) Yellow roses.
4. In the delirium of love, the narrator takes part in a ________.
(a) Student protest.
(b) A meeting with a romance author.
(c) Independence parade.
(d) Blood drive.
5. Who does the narrator think left the message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) The devil.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The girl.
(d) Rosa Cabarcas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the discreet driver warn the narrator happens at Rosa's house?
2. On the nights in December, what does the narrator detect in the air?
3. What does Rosa Cabarcas suggest the narrator should do with the girl?
4. What does the narrator wear around his house?
5. What does the narrator do in a desperate attempt the pass the time while the girl is missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
2. What does the narrator do about his cat in the first few days of ownership?
3. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
4. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
5. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
6. What does the narrator discuss during his breakfasts with Rosa Cabarcas?
7. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
8. What kind of objects does the narrator bring to the girl's room?
9. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
10. How do the newspapers portray the death of the man murdered at Rosa's?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)