|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
(a) Legal reporter.
(c) Rosa Cabarcus.
(d) Crime reporter.
2. The narrator's column becomes ________.
(a) Love letters.
(b) Angry diatribes.
3. For how many days did the narrator try to call Rosa Cabarcas's house, but got no answer?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. What does the narrator rush to save from the leak in his house?
(b) His desk.
(d) His cat.
5. What book does the narrator read to the girl?
(a) The Little Prince.
(b) Little Women.
(c) Stuart Little.
(d) The Little Mermaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets the narrator most about the girl's appearance after their time apart?
2. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
3. Who does the narrator hear singing as he enters the girl's room for the third time?
4. What does the narrator's house smell like when he returns to find the leaks from the storm?
5. What does Rosa Cabarcas suggest the narrator do after he destroys the girls room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator arrives at Rosa Cabarcas's to see the girl after a month apart?
2. Why does the narrator trace the sleeping girl's hand?
3. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
4. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
5. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
6. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
7. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
8. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
9. What is the song that the narrator likes to sing to the girl about Delgadina?
10. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)