|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
(c) My love.
(d) Damned whores.
2. For how many days did the narrator try to call Rosa Cabarcas's house, but got no answer?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
3. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A parent.
(c) A journalist.
(d) An inspector.
4. What does the narrator bring to the girl after their time apart?
(a) Jewelry and make-up.
(b) Chocolates and flowers.
(c) Books and records.
(d) Clothes and shoes.
5. On the nights in December, what does the narrator detect in the air?
(d) A breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator imagines singing love duets by _________ with the girl.
2. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
3. What does the discreet driver warn the narrator happens at Rosa's house?
4. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
5. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
2. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
3. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator the girl's life is like?
4. How does his time with the girl change the narrator?
5. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
6. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
7. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
8. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
9. What happens when the narrator sees a bicycle that has been hit by a bus?
10. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)