|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sealed up Rosa's house?
(a) Ministry of state.
(b) The health department.
(c) A mysterious neighbor.
(d) The police department.
2. What kind of music does the narrator listen to when he is missing the girl?
3. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) An inspector.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A parent.
4. What does the narrator give the girl for her birthday?
(a) A teddy Bear.
(d) A bicycle.
5. On the nights in December, what does the narrator detect in the air?
(b) A breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator rush to save from the leak in his house?
2. What upsets the narrator most about the girl's appearance after their time apart?
3. Who does the narrator hear singing as he enters the girl's room for the third time?
4. Rosa Cabarcas offers the narrator another girl whose father wants __________.
5. What does the discreet driver warn the narrator happens at Rosa's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
2. What happens when the narrator arrives at Rosa Cabarcas's to see the girl after a month apart?
3. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
4. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
5. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
6. What happens when the narrator sees a bicycle that has been hit by a bus?
7. What does the narrator discuss during his breakfasts with Rosa Cabarcas?
8. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
9. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator the girl's life is like?
10. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)