|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator buy in the midst of reordering his house?
(a) Record player.
(b) Coffee pot.
(d) Electic razor.
2. What does the narrator wear to sleep with the girl?
(b) Flannel pajamas.
(c) Silk boxers.
(d) Chinese silk pajamas.
3. What does the narrator rush to save from the leak in his house?
(a) His cat.
(b) His desk.
4. The man who dies at Rosa's is a famous __________.
(b) Bull fighter.
5. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
(b) Empty nest syndrome.
(c) Senile dementia.
(d) Sexual problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flowers does the narrator wish he could put in a vase in the girl's room?
2. What name does Rosa Cabarcas call the girl?
3. The narrator's column becomes ________.
4. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
5. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
2. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
3. What does the narrator discuss during his breakfasts with Rosa Cabarcas?
4. How do the newspapers portray the death of the man murdered at Rosa's?
5. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
6. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
7. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
8. What kind of objects does the narrator bring to the girl's room?
9. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
10. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)