|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator imagine the girl's kisses taste like?
2. Who does the narrator think can lead him to the lost girl?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) The police.
(c) The cat.
(d) His love.
3. What color eyes does the narrator imagine the girl has when she is laughing?
(a) Ice blue.
(b) Cat yellow.
(c) Grass green.
(d) Syrup brown.
4. What name does Rosa Cabarcas call the girl?
(a) La Nina.
5. What does the girl give the narrator for Christmas?
(a) Teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call the newspaper censor?
2. The narrator begins to enter the brothel through the back door instead of the ___ door.
3. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
4. What does the narrator's house smell like when he returns to find the leaks from the storm?
5. What does the narrator decide to call the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
2. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
3. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
4. How does his time with the girl change the narrator?
5. What kind of objects does the narrator bring to the girl's room?
6. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
7. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
8. What happens when the narrator arrives at Rosa Cabarcas's to see the girl after a month apart?
9. Why does the narrator trace the sleeping girl's hand?
10. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)