|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of earrings does the narrator give the girl?
2. On the nights in December, what does the narrator detect in the air?
(a) A breeze.
3. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
(b) Crime reporter.
(c) Legal reporter.
(d) Rosa Cabarcus.
4. Beside searching the streets and hospitals, where else does the narrator look for the girl?
(a) Other brothels.
(b) The docks.
(c) The morgue.
(d) A shirt factory.
5. One night a man dies of ________ at Rosa Cabarcas' house.
(a) Slit throat.
(d) Stab wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's house smell like when he returns to find the leaks from the storm?
2. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
3. Who does the narrator imagine is helping him clean up from the storm?
4. Where do the newspapers report the dead man from Rosa's was killed?
5. Who does the narrator hear singing as he enters the girl's room for the third time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
2. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
3. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
4. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
5. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
6. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
7. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
8. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
9. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
10. What is the song that the narrator likes to sing to the girl about Delgadina?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)