|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girl's hair like?
(a) Long and curly.
(b) Long and silky.
(c) Short and curly.
(d) Short and silky.
2. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator after he destroys the girl's room?
(a) Get out.
(b) Go with God.
(c) You will be sorry.
(d) This is the end.
3. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
(a) Rosa Cabarcus.
(b) Crime reporter.
(c) Legal reporter.
4. What changed most about the girl in their month apart?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her body.
5. What is the painting called that the narrator hangs in the girl's room?
(a) Mona Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
2. Who does the narrator think can lead him to the lost girl?
3. The narrator's columns are read on _________.
4. One night a man dies of ________ at Rosa Cabarcas' house.
5. Who does the narrator hear singing as he enters the girl's room for the third time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
2. What is the song that the narrator likes to sing to the girl about Delgadina?
3. How does his time with the girl change the narrator?
4. What happens when the narrator arrives at Rosa Cabarcas's to see the girl after a month apart?
5. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
6. What does the narrator do about his cat in the first few days of ownership?
7. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
8. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
9. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
10. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)