|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his sorrow over the cat's fate, what does the narrator compare the cat to in a column?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A woman.
(d) A tiger.
2. What kind of music does the narrator listen to when he is missing the girl?
3. What does the girl give the narrator for Christmas?
(d) Teddy bear.
4. Who wanted the narrator to read romance books?
(a) His mother.
(b) His housekeeper.
(c) His father.
(d) His editor.
5. The narrator refers to fame as a __________.
(a) Dead man.
(d) Fat lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator after he destroys the girl's room?
2. Who does the girl spend Christmas with?
3. Who does the narrator think left the message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
4. What does the girl do while the narrator destroys the room?
5. What does the narrator imagine the girl's kisses taste like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator the girl's life is like?
2. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
3. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
4. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
5. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
6. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
7. Why does the narrator trace the sleeping girl's hand?
8. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
9. What kind of objects does the narrator bring to the girl's room?
10. What does the narrator discuss during his breakfasts with Rosa Cabarcas?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)