|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) An inspector.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A parent.
2. Where does the narrator find a message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the wall.
(c) On the mirror.
(d) On the sheet.
3. What name does Rosa Cabarcas call the girl?
(b) La Nina.
4. Beside searching the streets and hospitals, where else does the narrator look for the girl?
(a) Other brothels.
(b) The docks.
(c) A shirt factory.
(d) The morgue.
5. Who does the girl spend Christmas with?
(a) Another man.
(b) Rosa Cabarcas.
(c) Her family.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas suggest the narrator do after he destroys the girls room?
2. What does the editor of the newspaper call the narrator in defending his new columns?
3. What is the painting called that the narrator hangs in the girl's room?
4. What does the narrator call the newspaper censor?
5. On the nights in December, what does the narrator detect in the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
2. What kind of objects does the narrator bring to the girl's room?
3. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
4. What does his love for the girl cause the narrator to see about himself?
5. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
6. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
7. Why does the narrator trace the sleeping girl's hand?
8. What does the narrator do about his cat in the first few days of ownership?
9. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
10. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)