|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does the narrator imagine the girl has when she is laughing?
(a) Ice blue.
(b) Cat yellow.
(c) Syrup brown.
(d) Grass green.
2. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) A parent.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An inspector.
3. The narrator imagines singing love duets by _________ with the girl.
4. What kind of earrings does the narrator give the girl?
5. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What music is playing when the narrator goes into the room to see the girl after a month apart?
2. Who wanted the narrator to read romance books?
3. Who sealed up Rosa's house?
4. In his sorrow over the cat's fate, what does the narrator compare the cat to in a column?
5. What kind of flowers does the narrator wish he could put in a vase in the girl's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
2. What happens when the narrator sees a bicycle that has been hit by a bus?
3. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
4. Why does Rosa Cabarcas pull the narrator from the girl's bed one night?
5. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
6. How do the newspapers portray the death of the man murdered at Rosa's?
7. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
8. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
9. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
10. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator the girl's life is like?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)