|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl give the narrator for Christmas?
(c) Teddy bear.
2. Where does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator she has been after her month-long disappearance?
3. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
(a) Old age.
(c) A tumor.
(d) A heart attack.
4. What does the narrator do in a desperate attempt the pass the time while the girl is missing?
5. Who wanted the narrator to read romance books?
(a) His mother.
(b) His housekeeper.
(c) His father.
(d) His editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
2. Who takes the ill cat to the veterinarian?
3. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
4. The narrator buys the following to take to the girl's room EXCEPT one.
5. Whose poems is the narrator finally able to translate in the midst of his illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
2. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
3. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
4. What happens with the narrator's cat in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of objects does the narrator bring to the girl's room?
6. What does the narrator do about his cat in the first few days of ownership?
7. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
8. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
9. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
10. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)