|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the painting called that the narrator hangs in the girl's room?
(b) Mona Lisa.
2. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
3. What does the narrator's house smell like when he returns to find the leaks from the storm?
(b) The girl.
4. Who do the newspapers accuse of murdering the dead man from Rosa's?
5. What kind of music does the narrator listen to when he is missing the girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator imagine the girl asking him about at breakfast?
2. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
3. Who sealed up Rosa's house?
4. What does the narrator buy in the midst of reordering his house?
5. What does the narrator give the girl for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts do the narrator and the girl exchange for Christmas?
2. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
3. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
4. How does the narrator's feeling for the girl change his column?
5. How does the narrator react to the false account of the murdered man?
6. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
7. What does the narrator do about his cat in the first few days of ownership?
8. How do the newspapers portray the death of the man murdered at Rosa's?
9. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
10. What is the narrator's phone conversation like with Rosa Cabarcas after her long absence?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)