|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) An inspector.
(d) A parent.
2. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
(b) My love.
(c) Damned whores.
3. What does the narrator decide to call the girl?
(b) La Nina.
4. Who does the narrator compare the girl to after their time apart?
5. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator after he destroys the girl's room?
2. The narrator refers to fame as a __________.
3. What does the narrator buy in the midst of reordering his house?
4. Whose poems is the narrator finally able to translate in the midst of his illness?
5. What does the note the girl leaves with her gift call the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think is the real explanation for Rosa Cabarcas's long absence?
2. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator the girl's life is like?
3. What does the narrator find on the mirror the morning after his second night with the girl?
4. What does the narrator realize when he chases a girl, thinking she is his Delgadina?
5. What does the narrator do to try to rectify the false account of the banker's death?
6. What does the narrator discuss during his breakfasts with Rosa Cabarcas?
7. How do the newspapers portray the death of the man murdered at Rosa's?
8. What does the narrator imagine happened during the stormy night?
9. How does the narrator handle not being able to contact the girl?
10. What is the narrator's experience like reading to the girl?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)