|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator put in his morning coffee?
2. How old is the editor-in-chief of the newspaper?
(a) 43 years old.
(b) 33 years old.
(c) 39 years old.
(d) 29 years old.
3. What left the narrator no time for marriage?
4. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. The narrator has a large _____ collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the narrator's fiancé end up having?
2. What kind of tile does the narrator's house have?
3. What is the name of the red light district where the narrator spent most nights?
4. With whom does the narrator have his longest relationship?
5. Where does the girl work during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the narrator supplemented his income over the years?
2. How does Rosa treat the narrator when he comes to meet the girl?
3. What kind of gifts does the narrator get from the newspaper staff for his birthday?
4. What is the narrator's economic situation?
5. What is the current occupation of the narrator?
6. Why does the narrator not consummate his first visit with the girl?
7. What evidence does the narrator give of how he is aging?
8. Why won't the editor let the narrator resign from writing his column?
9. How would the narrator court his fiancé?
10. How does the narrator describe the editor of the newspaper?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)