|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birthday is the narrator celebrating at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 90th birthday.
(b) 70th birthday.
(c) 100th birthday.
(d) 80th birthday.
2. How many women does the narrator have on a list of sexual conquests by his fifties?
3. Where does the girl work during the day?
4. What does Rosa Cabarcas tease the narrator about after his first night with the girl?
5. How many women does the narrator dance with in the ceremony the night before his wedding?
(a) 12 women.
(b) 20 women.
(c) 10 women.
(d) 22 women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the narrator when he went to the doctor about back pain?
2. How long has it been since Rosa Cabarcas heard from the narrator?
3. Who did the narrator's father rent the bottom floor of his home to?
4. Who stops the narrator on the street after he gets the cat?
5. What did the narrator's mother die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's relationship like with his housekeeper?
2. How would the narrator court his fiancé?
3. What does the narrator decide to give himself for a birthday gift?
4. What do the narrator and Rosa Cabarcas discuss in phone calls the day following his first night with the girl?
5. How does the narrator describe the editor of the newspaper?
6. What is the narrator's first experience like with the girl?
7. Why does the narrator not consummate his first visit with the girl?
8. What kind of gifts does the narrator get from the newspaper staff for his birthday?
9. What is the narrator's experience like when he goes to the animal shelter to pick up his cat?
10. How has the narrator supplemented his income over the years?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)