|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the red light district where the narrator spent most nights?
(a) Barrio Cinco.
(b) Barrio Juanita.
(c) Barrio Juarez.
(d) Barrio Chino.
2. For how many years did the narrator's fiancé leave the country after he left her at the altar?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. How much does the narrator get paid a month to write his column?
(a) 14 pesos.
(b) 12 pesos.
(c) 15 pesos.
(d) 20 pesos.
4. What does the narrator find when he goes to turn in his last column?
(a) An empty office.
(b) A party.
(c) A pink slip.
(d) Rosa Cabarcas.
5. With whom does the narrator have his longest relationship?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(b) His cat.
(c) His housekeeper.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator changes over time?
2. The narrator's mother was a notable interpreter of ________.
3. What page of the newspaper did the narrator's column move to after his ruined wedding?
4. What does the housekeeper give the narrator for his birthday?
5. What subjects did the narrator teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does the narrator give of his healthy sex life?
2. Why won't the editor let the narrator resign from writing his column?
3. How does Rosa treat the narrator when he comes to meet the girl?
4. How has the narrator supplemented his income over the years?
5. What happens on the narrator's taxi ride to the brothel the first time he goes to see the girl?
6. What was the contrast between the narrator's sex life and his regular life?
7. What request did the narrator's mother make on her deathbed?
8. How does the narrator describe the editor of the newspaper?
9. What is the narrator's relationship like with his housekeeper?
10. What evidence does the narrator give of how he is aging?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)