|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What does the narrator have a reputation for being?
(b) A miser.
(c) A womanizer.
3. What birthday is the narrator celebrating at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 100th birthday.
(b) 90th birthday.
(c) 80th birthday.
(d) 70th birthday.
4. What does the narrator find when he goes to turn in his last column?
(a) An empty office.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) A party.
(d) Rosa Cabarcas.
5. What time does the narrator wake each morning?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl to whom the narrator was engaged?
2. What movies turned the narrator away from the cinema for good?
3. What does the narrator consider his native tongue?
4. How old is the editor-in-chief of the newspaper?
5. Whose statue can the narrator see from his balcony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request did the narrator's mother make on her deathbed?
2. How does the narrator describe the editor of the newspaper?
3. What is the narrator's experience like when he goes to the animal shelter to pick up his cat?
4. What is the narrator's economic situation?
5. What is the current occupation of the narrator?
6. Why won't the editor let the narrator resign from writing his column?
7. How does Rosa treat the narrator when he comes to meet the girl?
8. What happens when the narrator goes to turn in his resignation at the newspaper?
9. Why does the narrator not consummate his first visit with the girl?
10. What is the narrator's relationship like with his housekeeper?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)