|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's students nicknamed him Professor ___________.
(a) No Name.
(c) Gloomy Hills.
(d) Fancy Pants.
2. What time does the narrator wake each morning?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
3. What does the narrator consider his native tongue?
4. Who is the editor-in-chief talking to when the narrator goes into his office as requested?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(c) His father.
5. What kind of tile does the narrator's house have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 48 original employees of the paper are still alive?
2. Where does the narrator think condemned souls go?
3. The narrator compares his weekly column to what?
4. What does Rosa Cabarcas want to give the narrator for his birthday?
5. Whose statue can the narrator see from his balcony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does the narrator give of how he is aging?
2. What was the contrast between the narrator's sex life and his regular life?
3. What is the current occupation of the narrator?
4. What happens when the narrator is the honored guest at a concert? What does he remember most from the evening?
5. What kind of gifts does the narrator get from the newspaper staff for his birthday?
6. How does the narrator describe the editor of the newspaper?
7. Why does the narrator not consummate his first visit with the girl?
8. What does the narrator decide to give himself for a birthday gift?
9. What is the narrator's first experience like with the girl?
10. What do the narrator and Rosa Cabarcas discuss in phone calls the day following his first night with the girl?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)