|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the bicycle accident that the narrator thinks the girl is involved in?
(a) A bus.
(c) A cat.
(d) A car.
2. What does the narrator wear to sleep with the girl?
(a) Chinese silk pajamas.
(b) Silk boxers.
(d) Flannel pajamas.
3. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
(a) A tumor.
(c) Old age.
(d) A heart attack.
4. Where does the narrator find a message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) On the mirror.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the sheet.
(d) On the wall.
5. Where does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator she has been after her month-long disappearance?
6. What does the narrator wear around his house?
(b) Mechanics overalls.
(c) Silk robe.
(d) Hair shirt.
7. In the delirium of love, the narrator takes part in a ________.
(a) Blood drive.
(b) A meeting with a romance author.
(c) Independence parade.
(d) Student protest.
8. Who sealed up Rosa's house?
(a) The police department.
(b) Ministry of state.
(c) The health department.
(d) A mysterious neighbor.
9. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
(c) My love.
(d) Damned whores.
10. Who wanted the narrator to read romance books?
(a) His editor.
(b) His housekeeper.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. Beside searching the streets and hospitals, where else does the narrator look for the girl?
(a) Other brothels.
(b) The docks.
(c) The morgue.
(d) A shirt factory.
12. The narrator thinks the newspaper offices have been remodeled to resemble a ____.
(b) Maternity hospital.
(d) Space ship.
13. What book does the narrator read to the girl?
(a) Little Women.
(b) Stuart Little.
(c) The Little Mermaid.
(d) The Little Prince.
14. The narrator's columns are read on _________.
(a) The radio.
(c) Town square.
15. What does the storm destroy at the narrator's house?
(a) Balcony window.
(d) Writing desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call the newspaper censor?
2. What does Rosa Cabarcas suggest the narrator should do with the girl?
3. Who takes the ill cat to the veterinarian?
4. The narrator's column becomes ________.
5. The narrator refers to fame as a __________.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)