|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator goes to a ________ to learn more about the girl's soul.
(a) Witch doctor.
(c) Palm reader.
2. What color eyes does the narrator imagine the girl has when she is laughing?
(a) Ice blue.
(b) Syrup brown.
(c) Cat yellow.
(d) Grass green.
3. What does the editor of the newspaper call the narrator in defending his new columns?
(a) A historical landmark.
(b) A peaceful madman.
(c) The voice of reason.
(d) Representative of a generation.
4. One night a man dies of ________ at Rosa Cabarcas' house.
(a) Slit throat.
(b) Stab wounds.
5. What caused the bicycle accident that the narrator thinks the girl is involved in?
(b) A cat.
(c) A bus.
(d) A car.
6. For how many days did the narrator try to call Rosa Cabarcas's house, but got no answer?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 10 days.
7. Beside searching the streets and hospitals, where else does the narrator look for the girl?
(a) A shirt factory.
(b) The docks.
(c) Other brothels.
(d) The morgue.
8. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
9. What does the narrator decide to call the girl?
(d) La Nina.
10. Rosa Cabarcas offers the narrator another girl whose father wants __________.
(a) A farm.
(b) A house.
(c) A car.
11. What does Rosa Cabarcas suggest the narrator do after he destroys the girls room?
(a) Never return.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Go to hell.
(d) Calm down.
12. What does the narrator do with the girl the second night?
(a) Dresses her.
(b) Sings to her.
(c) Rapes her.
(d) Bathes her.
13. Where does the narrator find a message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) On the wall.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the mirror.
(d) On the sheet.
14. What does the note the girl leaves with her gift call the narrator?
(a) Old man.
(b) My love.
(c) Wise teacher.
(d) Ugly papa.
15. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
(b) Rosa Cabarcus.
(c) Crime reporter.
(d) Legal reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl give the narrator for Christmas?
2. What changed most about the girl in their month apart?
3. What kind of earrings does the narrator give the girl?
4. Who takes the ill cat to the veterinarian?
5. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)