|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rosa Cabarcas offers the narrator another girl whose father wants __________.
(b) A farm.
(c) A house.
(d) A car.
2. One night a man dies of ________ at Rosa Cabarcas' house.
(c) Slit throat.
(d) Stab wounds.
3. The narrator's columns are read on _________.
(a) Town square.
(d) The radio.
4. What does the narrator give the girl for her birthday?
(a) A bicycle.
(c) A teddy Bear.
5. What kind of flowers does the narrator wish he could put in a vase in the girl's room?
(b) Yellow roses.
(d) Pink roses.
6. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A parent.
(c) An inspector.
(d) A journalist.
7. What is the painting called that the narrator hangs in the girl's room?
(b) Mona Lisa.
8. Who does the narrator think can lead him to the lost girl?
(a) His love.
(b) The cat.
(c) The police.
(d) His housekeeper.
9. The narrator thinks the newspaper offices have been remodeled to resemble a ____.
(a) Space ship.
(d) Maternity hospital.
10. What does the storm destroy at the narrator's house?
(c) Writing desk.
(d) Balcony window.
11. What does the narrator bring to the girl after their time apart?
(a) Clothes and shoes.
(b) Jewelry and make-up.
(c) Books and records.
(d) Chocolates and flowers.
12. What changed most about the girl in their month apart?
(a) Her body.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her hands.
13. What does the narrator buy in the midst of reordering his house?
(a) Record player.
(b) Coffee pot.
(d) Electic razor.
14. Where does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator she has been after her month-long disappearance?
15. The narrator buys the following to take to the girl's room EXCEPT one.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator refers to fame as a __________.
2. The narrator's column becomes ________.
3. What does the narrator imagine the girl's kisses taste like?
4. The first time the narrator hears the girl's voice she talks about ___.
5. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator after he destroys the girl's room?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)