|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator buys the following to take to the girl's room EXCEPT one.
2. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
(b) Sexual problems.
(c) Senile dementia.
(d) Empty nest syndrome.
3. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
(a) Legal reporter.
(b) Rosa Cabarcus.
(d) Crime reporter.
4. Rosa Cabarcas offers the narrator another girl whose father wants __________.
(b) A car.
(c) A house.
(d) A farm.
5. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
(a) Takes her pulse.
(b) Kisses her lips.
(c) Says a prayer.
6. What color eyes does the narrator imagine the girl has when she is laughing?
(a) Ice blue.
(b) Cat yellow.
(c) Grass green.
(d) Syrup brown.
7. What does the narrator do with the girl the second night?
(a) Dresses her.
(b) Rapes her.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Bathes her.
8. Who does the narrator imagine is helping him clean up from the storm?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(b) The cat.
(c) His mother.
(d) The girl.
9. Where does the narrator find a message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) On the sheet.
(b) On the wall.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On the mirror.
10. Who does the narrator think can lead him to the lost girl?
(a) The cat.
(b) His love.
(c) The police.
(d) His housekeeper.
11. What does the narrator give the girl for her birthday?
(a) A bicycle.
(d) A teddy Bear.
12. The narrator begins to enter the brothel through the back door instead of the ___ door.
13. Who does the girl spend Christmas with?
(a) Another man.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Rosa Cabarcas.
(d) Her family.
14. The narrator goes to a ________ to learn more about the girl's soul.
(a) Palm reader.
(d) Witch doctor.
15. What does the narrator wear to sleep with the girl?
(b) Chinese silk pajamas.
(c) Silk boxers.
(d) Flannel pajamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do in a desperate attempt the pass the time while the girl is missing?
2. What does the narrator wear around his house?
3. What does the editor of the newspaper call the narrator in defending his new columns?
4. The first time the narrator hears the girl's voice she talks about ___.
5. Whose poems is the narrator finally able to translate in the midst of his illness?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)