|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator think left the message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(b) The girl.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The devil.
2. The narrator thinks the newspaper offices have been remodeled to resemble a ____.
(a) Maternity hospital.
(d) Space ship.
3. Who does the narrator tell the hospital staff he is to gain entrance?
(a) An inspector.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A parent.
4. Who do the newspapers accuse of murdering the dead man from Rosa's?
5. Who takes the ill cat to the veterinarian?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The editor.
(d) The ousekeeper.
6. What changed most about the girl in their month apart?
(a) Her body.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her face.
7. In his sorrow over the cat's fate, what does the narrator compare the cat to in a column?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A woman.
(d) A tiger.
8. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
9. What does the girl give the narrator for Christmas?
(a) Teddy bear.
10. What does the narrator rush to save from the leak in his house?
(b) His desk.
(d) His cat.
11. Who does the narrator think can lead him to the lost girl?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) The cat.
(c) The police.
(d) His love.
12. Where do the newspapers report the dead man from Rosa's was killed?
(a) An alley.
(b) The town square.
(c) The highway.
(d) A brothel.
13. Who does the narrator compare the girl to after their time apart?
14. One night a man dies of ________ at Rosa Cabarcas' house.
(b) Stab wounds.
(d) Slit throat.
15. What does the narrator shout at Rosa Cabarcas after she tries to explain the girl's appearance?
(b) Damned whores.
(d) My love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wear to sleep with the girl?
2. Who does the narrator imagine is helping him clean up from the storm?
3. The narrator goes to a ________ to learn more about the girl's soul.
4. Who sealed up Rosa's house?
5. What does the narrator bring to the girl after their time apart?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)