|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the newspapers accuse of murdering the dead man from Rosa's?
2. What does the narrator give the girl for her birthday?
(b) A teddy Bear.
(c) A bicycle.
3. Where does the narrator find a message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) On the mirror.
(b) On the wall.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On the sheet.
4. Who does the narrator compare the girl to after their time apart?
5. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
(a) A tumor.
(b) Old age.
(d) A heart attack.
6. In the delirium of love, the narrator takes part in a ________.
(a) Student protest.
(b) Blood drive.
(c) A meeting with a romance author.
(d) Independence parade.
7. Who does the narrator think left the message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(b) The girl.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The devil.
8. What does Rosa Cabarcas suggest the narrator should do with the girl?
(a) Marry the girl.
(b) Rape the girl.
(c) Forget the girl.
(d) Leave the girl.
9. On the nights in December, what does the narrator detect in the air?
(c) A breeze.
10. The narrator knows the girl in the hospital is not his love by her ____.
11. For how many days did the narrator try to call Rosa Cabarcas's house, but got no answer?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 10 days.
12. The narrator's columns are read on _________.
(b) Town square.
(c) The radio.
13. What book does the narrator read to the girl?
(a) The Little Prince.
(b) Stuart Little.
(c) Little Women.
(d) The Little Mermaid.
14. What does the narrator's house smell like when he returns to find the leaks from the storm?
(b) The girl.
15. The narrator refers to fame as a __________.
(c) Fat lady.
(d) Dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of earrings does the narrator give the girl?
2. Beside searching the streets and hospitals, where else does the narrator look for the girl?
3. What does the narrator imagine the girl's kisses taste like?
4. What caused the bicycle accident that the narrator thinks the girl is involved in?
5. Who does the narrator think can lead him to the lost girl?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)