|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator thinks the newspaper offices have been remodeled to resemble a ____.
(a) Space ship.
(d) Maternity hospital.
2. What name does Rosa Cabarcas call the girl?
(c) La Nina.
3. What does the storm destroy at the narrator's house?
(a) Writing desk.
(c) Balcony window.
4. What does the narrator do in a desperate attempt the pass the time while the girl is missing?
5. What does the girl do while the narrator destroys the room?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Pretends to sleep.
6. Before the narrator falls asleep on the third night with the girl he _________.
(a) Kisses her lips.
(b) Says a prayer.
(d) Takes her pulse.
7. What is the painting called that the narrator hangs in the girl's room?
(a) Mona Lisa.
8. Where do the newspapers report the dead man from Rosa's was killed?
(a) A brothel.
(b) The town square.
(c) The highway.
(d) An alley.
9. What kind of music does the narrator listen to when he is missing the girl?
10. Beside searching the streets and hospitals, where else does the narrator look for the girl?
(a) Other brothels.
(b) The docks.
(c) A shirt factory.
(d) The morgue.
11. What does the narrator call the newspaper censor?
(a) The Cutter.
(b) All-Seeing Seer.
(c) Abominable No Man.
(d) The Eyes.
12. For how many days did the narrator try to call Rosa Cabarcas's house, but got no answer?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 10 days.
13. The narrator buys the following to take to the girl's room EXCEPT one.
14. Where does the narrator find a message scrawled in lipstick in the girl's room?
(a) On the wall.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the mirror.
(d) On the sheet.
15. What does the narrator bring to the girl after their time apart?
(a) Books and records.
(b) Jewelry and make-up.
(c) Chocolates and flowers.
(d) Clothes and shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the narrator write a front page story about the dead man?
2. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
3. Who does the narrator compare the girl to after their time apart?
4. What does the editor of the newspaper call the narrator in defending his new columns?
5. The narrator's column becomes ________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)