|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper give the narrator for his birthday?
(a) Red roses.
(b) A watch.
(d) New clothes.
2. How old is the editor-in-chief of the newspaper?
(a) 33 years old.
(b) 43 years old.
(c) 39 years old.
(d) 29 years old.
3. Who is the editor-in-chief talking to when the narrator goes into his office as requested?
(c) His father.
(d) Rosa Cabarcas.
4. How many women does the narrator have on a list of sexual conquests by his fifties?
5. What kind of tile does the narrator's house have?
6. What is the name of the red light district where the narrator spent most nights?
(a) Barrio Cinco.
(b) Barrio Juanita.
(c) Barrio Juarez.
(d) Barrio Chino.
7. How much does the narrator agree to pay Rosa Cabracas for his birthday night?
(a) 4 pesos.
(b) 5 pesos.
(c) 7 pesos.
(d) 10 pesos.
8. What does Rosa Cabarcas want to give the narrator for his birthday?
(a) A painting.
(c) The girl.
(d) A record.
9. The narrator's home is on the sunny side of what park?
(a) San Jose.
(b) San Nicolas.
(c) San Josephina.
(d) San Nina.
10. What left the narrator no time for marriage?
11. What does the narrator find when he goes to turn in his last column?
(a) An empty office.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) A party.
(d) Rosa Cabarcas.
12. What is the one flaw of the narrator's home?
(a) Loud noise from the street.
(b) Sloping floors.
(c) Sunny windows during siesta.
(d) Broken windows.
13. The narrator's mother was a notable interpreter of ________.
14. How much does the narrator get paid a month to write his column?
(a) 12 pesos.
(b) 14 pesos.
(c) 20 pesos.
(d) 15 pesos.
15. How long has it been since Rosa Cabarcas heard from the narrator?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's sense of _________ has always been more developed than his fear of death.
2. What movies turned the narrator away from the cinema for good?
3. What birthday is the narrator celebrating at the beginning of the novel?
4. What kind of cat does the narrator get for his birthday?
5. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)