|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the narrator the cat for his birthday?
2. Whose statue can the narrator see from his balcony?
(a) A statue of Jose Milan.
(b) A statue of Cesar Chavez.
(c) A statue of Christopher Columbus.
(d) A statue of George Washington.
3. What does the housekeeper give the narrator for his birthday?
(b) New clothes.
(c) Red roses.
(d) A watch.
4. What book helped the narrator understand his mother's mood?
(a) Love Unbound.
(b) Psychology Today.
(c) The Magic Mountain.
(d) The Strong Woman.
5. What does Rosa Cabarcas tease the narrator about after his first night with the girl?
6. How many sheets of paper does the narrator always keep on his desk for writing his column?
7. What is the topic of the narrator's birthday column?
(b) His mother.
(d) Old age.
8. On occasion, the newspaper prints _______ as a favor to the narrator.
(b) Theater reviews.
(c) Love letters.
9. Who stops the narrator on the street after he gets the cat?
10. What day does the narrator's column appear in the paper?
11. The narrator's home is on the sunny side of what park?
(a) San Nina.
(b) San Nicolas.
(c) San Josephina.
(d) San Jose.
12. What does the narrator consider his native tongue?
13. What does the narrator put in his morning coffee?
14. Where does the girl work during the day?
15. Where does the narrator think condemned souls go?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when the girls in the office tease him about sex?
2. What does the narrator's mother hope he will name a daughter someday?
3. What do the secretaries at the newspaper give to the narrator for his birthday?
4. How many children did the narrator's fiancé end up having?
5. What is the one flaw of the narrator's home?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)