|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would chaperone the narrator's evenings with his fiancé?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does the narrator think condemned souls go?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
3. Who is the editor-in-chief talking to when the narrator goes into his office as requested?
(a) Rosa Cabarcas.
(c) His father.
4. How long has it been since Rosa Cabarcas heard from the narrator?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
6. How many women does the narrator dance with in the ceremony the night before his wedding?
(a) 12 women.
(b) 20 women.
(c) 10 women.
(d) 22 women.
7. What do the secretaries at the newspaper give to the narrator for his birthday?
(a) A recording of Chopin.
(b) A coffee maker.
(c) A cat.
(d) Silk boxers.
8. Where does the girl work during the day?
9. What kind of cat does the narrator get for his birthday?
10. What kind of editor was the narrator at the newspaper?
11. What does the narrator say caused him to lose all his lovers?
(a) Insufficient funds.
(b) Mean heart.
(c) Empty soul.
(d) Pointless rigor.
12. Who stops the narrator on the street after he gets the cat?
13. What was the narrator's fiancé wearing the first time he saw her?
(a) A lace negligee.
(b) An orange flower.
(c) Black high heels.
(d) A red dress.
14. What page of the newspaper did the narrator's column move to after his ruined wedding?
(a) Page 18.
(b) Page 11.
(c) Page 5.
(d) Page 10.
15. What was the narrator told would flee from his body when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does the narrator's column appear in the paper?
2. For how many years did the narrator's fiancé leave the country after he left her at the altar?
3. How many women does the narrator have on a list of sexual conquests by his fifties?
4. What does the narrator's mother hope he will name a daughter someday?
5. What book helped the narrator understand his mother's mood?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)