|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movies turned the narrator away from the cinema for good?
(a) Shirley Temple.
(b) Clint Eastwood.
(d) John Way.
2. How many children did the narrator's mother hope he would have?
(a) 2 children.
(b) 3 children.
(c) 4 children.
(d) 6 children.
3. What day of the week does the narrator's birthday fall on?
4. What does the narrator have a reputation for being?
(b) A womanizer.
(c) A miser.
5. What do the secretaries at the newspaper give to the narrator for his birthday?
(a) A recording of Chopin.
(b) A coffee maker.
(c) Silk boxers.
(d) A cat.
6. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. What does the narrator say caused him to lose all his lovers?
(a) Mean heart.
(b) Pointless rigor.
(c) Empty soul.
(d) Insufficient funds.
8. What page of the newspaper did the narrator's column move to after his ruined wedding?
(a) Page 11.
(b) Page 10.
(c) Page 5.
(d) Page 18.
9. What time did the bride's family begin to knock on the narrator's door on the day he missed his wedding?
10. What was the narrator's fiancé wearing the first time he saw her?
(a) An orange flower.
(b) A lace negligee.
(c) Black high heels.
(d) A red dress.
11. What did the narrator's mother die from?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Broken heart.
12. How many sheets of paper does the narrator always keep on his desk for writing his column?
13. How old was the narrator when he went to the doctor about back pain?
(a) 62 years old.
(b) 42 years old.
(c) 52 years old.
(d) 72 years old.
14. What kind of cat does the narrator get for his birthday?
15. What does the narrator do the night after he first sees the girl?
(a) Goes to a concert.
(b) Sees her again.
(c) Visits another brothel.
(d) Can't sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subjects did the narrator teach?
2. What is the name of the red light district where the narrator spent most nights?
3. What does the narrator's mother hope he will name a daughter someday?
4. What does the narrator consider his native tongue?
5. The narrator's students nicknamed him Professor ___________.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)