|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's mother was a notable interpreter of ________.
2. Where does the girl work during the day?
3. What birthday is the narrator celebrating at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 100th birthday.
(b) 70th birthday.
(c) 90th birthday.
(d) 80th birthday.
4. What time does the narrator wake each morning?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
5. What month is the narrator's birthday in?
6. What does the housekeeper give the narrator for his birthday?
(a) New clothes.
(c) A watch.
(d) Red roses.
7. On occasion, the newspaper prints _______ as a favor to the narrator.
(a) Theater reviews.
(b) Love letters.
8. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
9. How many of the 48 original employees of the paper are still alive?
(a) 2 employees.
(b) 8 employees.
(c) 6 employees.
(d) 4 employees.
10. What was the narrator's fiancé wearing the first time he saw her?
(a) A lace negligee.
(b) An orange flower.
(c) A red dress.
(d) Black high heels.
11. Who is the editor-in-chief talking to when the narrator goes into his office as requested?
(a) His father.
(b) Rosa Cabarcas.
12. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator changes over time?
13. What book helped the narrator understand his mother's mood?
(a) Psychology Today.
(b) Love Unbound.
(c) The Strong Woman.
(d) The Magic Mountain.
14. What does the narrator do when the girls in the office tease him about sex?
15. What does the narrator have a reputation for being?
(b) A miser.
(c) A womanizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subjects did the narrator teach?
2. How old is the editor-in-chief of the newspaper?
3. The narrator's students nicknamed him Professor ___________.
4. How many children did the narrator's mother hope he would have?
5. How many women does the narrator have on a list of sexual conquests by his fifties?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)