|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator decide to call the girl?
(a) La Nina.
2. What does the housekeeper give the narrator for his birthday?
(b) Red roses.
(c) A watch.
(d) New clothes.
3. How old is the editor-in-chief of the newspaper?
(a) 39 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 43 years old.
(d) 33 years old.
4. What time does the narrator wake each morning?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
5. Who does the narrator hear singing as he enters the girl's room for the third time?
(a) Spanish boleros.
(b) Western pop.
(c) American tenor.
(d) Italian opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think he is dying from?
2. For how many years did the narrator's fiancé leave the country after he left her at the altar?
3. What does Rosa Cabarcas think is the narrator's problem when it comes to the girl?
4. Rosa Cabarcas offers the narrator another girl whose father wants __________.
5. What is the topic of the narrator's birthday column?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)