|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 48 original employees of the paper are still alive?
(a) 6 employees.
(b) 4 employees.
(c) 8 employees.
(d) 2 employees.
2. How many years did the housekeeper cry over her love for the narrator?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. What does the narrator say caused him to lose all his lovers?
(a) Insufficient funds.
(b) Empty soul.
(c) Mean heart.
(d) Pointless rigor.
4. What is the one flaw of the narrator's home?
(a) Broken windows.
(b) Loud noise from the street.
(c) Sunny windows during siesta.
(d) Sloping floors.
5. What does the narrator put in his morning coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the editor-in-chief of the newspaper?
2. What time does the narrator wake each morning?
3. What do the secretaries at the newspaper give to the narrator for his birthday?
4. What page of the newspaper did the narrator's column move to after his ruined wedding?
5. What book helped the narrator understand his mother's mood?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)