|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosa Cabarcas tell the narrator changes over time?
2. Whose statue can the narrator see from his balcony?
(a) A statue of George Washington.
(b) A statue of Cesar Chavez.
(c) A statue of Jose Milan.
(d) A statue of Christopher Columbus.
3. What time does the narrator wake each morning?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
4. How old is the girl that Rosa Cabarcas finds?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
5. What movies turned the narrator away from the cinema for good?
(a) John Way.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Clint Eastwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's home is on the sunny side of what park?
2. The narrator's mother was a notable interpreter of ________.
3. What day does the narrator's column appear in the paper?
4. The narrator describes himself as ugly, shy and __________.
5. The narrator's students nicknamed him Professor ___________.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)