|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birthday is the narrator celebrating at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 100th birthday.
(b) 70th birthday.
(c) 90th birthday.
(d) 80th birthday.
2. What does the narrator call the newspaper censor?
(a) All-Seeing Seer.
(b) Abominable No Man.
(c) The Eyes.
(d) The Cutter.
3. What is the code phrase that Rosa Cabarcas and the narrator use?
(a) Such is life.
(b) Go with God.
(c) Today's the day.
(d) Why not?
4. What does the narrator rush to save from the leak in his house?
(a) His desk.
(d) His cat.
5. What does the narrator bring to the girl after their time apart?
(a) Chocolates and flowers.
(b) Clothes and shoes.
(c) Books and records.
(d) Jewelry and make-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator's mother die from?
2. What does the narrator's mother hope he will name a daughter someday?
3. Who is singing at the end of the novel?
4. What did Rosa Cabarcas keep as payment for the damage the narrator caused in her house?
5. After they ran out of things to talk about, how would the narrator spend his evenings with his fiancé?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)