• "Memories of My Melancholy Whores" is a novel with erotic overtones by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
• An unnamed narrator tells his story from the viewpoint of his ninetieth year.
• The narrator is a journalist who at age ninety still writes a weekly column, as he has done for the last fifty years.
• He lives in a large home, but has little wealth in reality.
• As a ninetieth birthday gift, he gives himself an opportunity of spending a night with a virgin at a local brothel he frequented throughout his life.
• The madam finds a fourteen year old girl whose family needs money.
• Turning ninety caused the narrator to consider the process of aging.
• He has been mostly healthy and had a vigorous sex life.
• However, the narrator admits that he paid for every sexual encounter, including paying his housekeeper to have regular intercourse with him.
• The narrator considers...
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)