|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were Jung's children when he built his house?
2. What additional quality did Jung notice about whites after spending time with the primitive people of North America?
3. What does Jung see in Hindu culture's ideas about an afterlife?
4. Where does Jung say giants come from?
5. What crafts is alchemy close to, in its practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jung say giants come from?
2. How does Jung couch his comments on an afterlife?
3. How did Jung feel about the cultures he traveled through?
4. How does the idea of the afterlife affect Jung's epistemology?
5. What two influences did Jung begin to see life in terms of after his wife's death?
6. What is the Krater and what significance does Jung attribute to it?
7. What does Jung say about moral judgments?
8. Why did Jung find alchemy so interesting?
9. What was Jung's feeling about his wife's death?
10. What is Jung's feeling about the Christian church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jung grew up feeling that he was different from other children. How did this feeling affect Jung's life? Did it disappear at any point? When did the question of conforming or remaining different cease to apply in Jung's life?
Essay Topic 2
What role did literature and philosophy play in Jung's accomplishments? Were literature and philosophy opposed to direct experience and observation, or did they work together?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jung know what he knows? Particularly in the discussion of the afterlife, he draws distinctions between what can be known and what cannot. What is the source of Jung's knowledge? What authorizes him to know what he knows?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)