|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jung say scientists have to confront?
2. What aspect of moral judgments does Jung discuss?
3. What was the design of the house meant to emphasize to the inhabitants?
4. What does this central symbol of alchemy contain?
5. What does Jung say he believes about life after death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jung confront his father's thinking as he grew older?
2. What two influences did Jung begin to see life in terms of after his wife's death?
3. What was the state of alchemy when Jung began to study it?
4. What influence does Jung attribute to the devil?
5. How did Jung feel about the cultures he traveled through?
6. What influence did Jung say colonizers had on the colonized?
7. What was Jung's feeling about his wife's death?
8. What is Jung's feeling about the Christian church?
9. Where did Jung travel to in order to research his philosophy of psychology?
10. What does Jung say about his relationship with his wife and children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jung's views on religion. Is he still Western in his views of organized religion, by the end of his life, or has he adopted primitive views? Which religion does he endorse? Which religion does he practice?
Essay Topic 2
Jung's family was not wealthy, but they were respectable. How did the sense that he came from a family with this status affect Jung's life? How did this feeling change for him over time?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jung know what he knows? Particularly in the discussion of the afterlife, he draws distinctions between what can be known and what cannot. What is the source of Jung's knowledge? What authorizes him to know what he knows?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)