|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea did Jung and Hegel both write about?
2. What did Jung realize while he was recovering from his condition?
3. What condition did Jung suffer in 1944?
4. What does the Kabala draw correlations between?
5. What does Jung say about Christian theology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jung say about moral judgments?
2. Where does Jung say the idea of the afterlife comes from?
3. How did Jung respond to his wife's death?
4. What was the state of alchemy when Jung began to study it?
5. How does the idea of the afterlife affect Jung's epistemology?
6. How do the Hindu or Buddhist ideas of reincarnation affect Jung?
7. Where does Jung say giants come from?
8. How does Jung couch his comments on an afterlife?
9. What did Jung learn from his travels?
10. What was the significance of the tower on Jung's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the sense that Jung was a big man affect Jung's development and life? What qualities accompanied this self-image, and how were those qualities useful to Jung in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Jung attributes some degree of eternality to his childhood experiences, and he theorizes the collective unconscious as a wellspring of human experience. What role is left for the individual to play? Is the daimon the figure who determines the individual's fate, or is it the individual who chooses his or her fate?
Essay Topic 3
Is there any evidence that this was not Jung's project, but his collaborator, Aniela Jaffe's? What hints does the text give you, that this might not have been Jung's project?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)