|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did Jung's blasphemous dream have on him?
2. How did the relationship between Jung and Freud develop?
3. What did Jung's new direction suggest he had to do next?
4. What did Jung feel was true about his childhood experiences?
5. Where did Jung attend university?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jung say his history originated?
2. What did Jung discover as he grew older?
3. How did Jung feel about religious practice as a child?
4. What crisis did Jung experience?
5. Where did Jung's father's fears of Jesuits come from?
6. What happened at Jung's home to make him approach his career choice from a new angle?
7. Where did Jung find spiritual life that seemed honest?
8. What was Jung's mental state at the time when he took his first job?
9. What were Jung's visions?
10. Describe Jung's decision to study psychiatry.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freud was a father figure for Jung. How was Jung's relationship with Freud similar to Jung's relationship with his own father? Did Jung project his own father on Freud? Did Freud project his own children on Jung? Is that the best way to describe their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jung see Christianity, now that he has explored his unconscious? Did his early ideas stand up to his experience, and turn into his mature views, or did they change under pressure from overwhelming experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role did Jung's family--both his parents and his wife and children--play in his life? Using examples from the text, describe the influence of Jung's family on his life.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)