|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jung consult with about his feelings about God and religion?
2. What was the subject of Jung's thesis at university?
3. What did Jung develop as a result of his childhood experience?
4. What was Jung's family's religion?
5. What plan of treatment led Jung to his breakthrough?
Short Essay Questions
1. What importance does Jung's childhood have for him?
2. What was Jung's relationship with Freud?
3. How did Jung harness his dreams and visions?
4. Why did Jung decide to back Freud's ideas?
5. Where did Jung find spiritual life that seemed honest?
6. What was Jung's mental state at the time when he took his first job?
7. Where did Jung have his first early success?
8. What was the state of mental health in Jung's time?
9. Describe Jung's decision to study psychiatry.
10. What was Neitzsche's reputation when Jung was in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the sense that Jung was a big man affect Jung's development and life? What qualities accompanied this self-image, and how were those qualities useful to Jung in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Freud was a father figure for Jung. How was Jung's relationship with Freud similar to Jung's relationship with his own father? Did Jung project his own father on Freud? Did Freud project his own children on Jung? Is that the best way to describe their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Jung attributes some degree of eternality to his childhood experiences, and he theorizes the collective unconscious as a wellspring of human experience. What role is left for the individual to play? Is the daimon the figure who determines the individual's fate, or is it the individual who chooses his or her fate?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)