|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jung feel about his mother?
2. What were the options for mentally ill people in Jung's day?
3. Carl Gustav Jung shared his name with whom?
4. What result does Jung's blasphemous dream have?
5. How did Jung revisit his childhood memory in adulthood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What importance does Jung's childhood have for him?
2. How was Jung exposed to the concept of God as a child?
3. How was Jung's autobiography written?
4. Why did Jung decide to back Freud's ideas?
5. What event gave Jung his fear of "men in black frocks"?
6. How did Jung pursue the paranormal in his studies?
7. Describe Jung's university years.
8. What were Jung's visions?
9. What was the state of mental health in Jung's time?
10. How did Jung feel about religious practice as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did literature and philosophy play in Jung's accomplishments? Were literature and philosophy opposed to direct experience and observation, or did they work together?
Essay Topic 2
How would you summarize Jung's life? What words are most appropriate for describing his accomplishment? Make a case for three or four words.
Essay Topic 3
Jung attributes some degree of eternality to his childhood experiences, and he theorizes the collective unconscious as a wellspring of human experience. What role is left for the individual to play? Is the daimon the figure who determines the individual's fate, or is it the individual who chooses his or her fate?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)