|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carl Gustav Jung shared his name with whom?
2. How did Jung follow in his father's footsteps at university?
3. What did Jung feel was true about his childhood experiences?
4. How did Jung feel about his mother?
5. What did Jung begin to be interested in as his work followed its new direction?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jung feel about religious practice as a child?
2. Where did Jung have his first early success?
3. How did Jung pursue the paranormal in his studies?
4. Where does Jung say his history originated?
5. What was Neitzsche's reputation when Jung was in school?
6. What does Jung mean when he says that the mind claims and keeps all experiences?
7. What crisis did Jung experience?
8. What was the state of mental health in Jung's time?
9. How did Jung choose his profession?
10. How was Jung's autobiography written?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you summarize Jung's life? What words are most appropriate for describing his accomplishment? Make a case for three or four words.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the perspective Jung occupied as a childhood non-believer who found more truth in philosophy and literature. How did he see the world from where he stood? How did he conform, and also maintain his individuality?
Essay Topic 3
Jung grew up feeling that he was different from other children. How did this feeling affect Jung's life? Did it disappear at any point? When did the question of conforming or remaining different cease to apply in Jung's life?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)