|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Kabalistic concept of Tiphareth correspond to?
(a) The union of opposite qualities.
(b) The earth; the feet.
(c) The realm of beauty and love; the heart.
(d) All ten sephiroth.
2. What does Jung say about the mysteries of creation?
(a) They are always on display.
(b) They are only visible to initiates.
(c) They are often shrouded in darkness.
(d) They can usually only be understood as puzzles.
3. What was the design of the house meant to emphasize to the inhabitants?
(a) A spirit of inclusion.
(b) A cyclic view of life.
(c) His own presence at the house's circle's center.
(d) A connection to the earth.
4. What does Jung say makes it impossible for him to answer the question of an afterlife?
(a) He is biased by his experience of paranormal activities.
(b) All his experience is from being alive.
(c) He cannot always trust his senses.
(d) He does not know people who have returned from death.
5. What does Jung see in Hindu culture's ideas about an afterlife?
(a) They take reincarnation for granted.
(b) They believe in eternal reoccurence.
(c) They refuse to believe in the resurrection of the soul.
(d) They have superstitions about rebirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of moral judgments does Jung discuss?
2. How was Jung's house influenced by primitives?
3. What does this central symbol of alchemy contain?
4. What did the primitive people of North America get Jung to see about white people?
5. What does Jung describe of the Buddhist perspective on the afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jung couch his comments on an afterlife?
2. How did Jung confront his father's thinking as he grew older?
3. Describe the revelations Jung had during his near-death experience.
4. Where does Jung say the idea of the afterlife comes from?
5. How did Jung respond to his wife's death?
6. What is the Krater and what significance does Jung attribute to it?
7. What did Jung learn from his travels?
8. What influence does Jung attribute to the devil?
9. Where did Jung travel to in order to research his philosophy of psychology?
10. Where does Jung say giants come from?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)