|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the rituals Jung witnessed?
(a) To convince the deer and other game to return.
(b) To convince the sun to return.
(c) To convince the rain to fall.
(d) To convince the corn to grow.
2. When was the Kabala devised?
(a) In the Renaissance.
(b) In ancient times.
(c) In the middle ages.
(d) In Jung's time.
3. What warning does Jung give the reader in his discussion of life after death?
(a) He knows what he knows from an unreliable source.
(b) He has no wish to raise false hopes.
(c) He learned about life after death primarily from books.
(d) He only knows what he himself has seen.
4. What does the Kabala draw correlations between?
(a) Points on the body and essential qualities in the universe.
(b) Points in geography and historical events.
(c) Points in the sky and migration paths.
(d) Points in the Bible and qualities of temperament.
5. What does this central symbol of alchemy contain?
(a) A set of signs and symbols.
(b) A warning against misusing alchemy.
(c) An unsolved riddle.
(d) A recipe for gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jung say scientists have to confront?
2. How did Jung describe his vision of his dead wife?
3. What crafts is alchemy close to, in its practice?
4. What does Jung lament about Europeans, as a result of his travels?
5. What did Jung experience in North America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jung say the idea of the afterlife comes from?
2. Describe the revelations Jung had during his near-death experience.
3. What was the significance of the tower on Jung's house?
4. What influence does Jung attribute to the devil?
5. How do the Hindu or Buddhist ideas of reincarnation affect Jung?
6. How does the idea of the afterlife affect Jung's epistemology?
7. How did Jung respond to his wife's death?
8. What did Jung learn from his travels?
9. What does Jung say about moral judgments?
10. What two influences did Jung begin to see life in terms of after his wife's death?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)