|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jung begin to confront about his father when he was integrating his fantasies with his interest in alchemy?
(a) His father's relationship with his wife and family.
(b) The limits of his father's thinking.
(c) The origins of his illness.
(d) His father's cold and aloof nature.
2. What did Jung realize while he was recovering from his condition?
(a) That the immortal part of him was not prepared for immortality.
(b) That his affairs were not in order, and he could not die.
(c) That his doctor was going to die.
(d) That he was mortal.
3. What does Jung ultimately say about the question of an afterlife?
(a) He says it is just an aspect of human life; mysterious.
(b) He says it does not interest him.
(c) He says that it will always torment him.
(d) He says it will never be answered.
4. What does Jung say is at the heart of his house?
(a) The maternal hearth.
(b) The masculine fireplace.
(c) The communal kitchen.
(d) The rational study.
5. When did Jung begin to build a house for himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jung say about the mysteries of creation?
2. How at home was Jung in North Africa?
3. How did Jung say the primitive people of North America kept their culture alive?
4. What state was Jung's father in when Jung was integrating his fantasies with his interest in alchemy?
5. What does Jung say about Christian theology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jung's relationship with Hegel's philosophy?
2. What influence does Jung attribute to the devil?
3. How did Jung feel about the cultures he traveled through?
4. Why did Jung find alchemy so interesting?
5. How did Jung confront his father's thinking as he grew older?
6. What is Jung's feeling about the Christian church?
7. What influence did Jung say colonizers had on the colonized?
8. Describe the revelations Jung had during his near-death experience.
9. What was the state of alchemy when Jung began to study it?
10. What does Jung say about moral judgments?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)