|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jung's thesis received?
(a) It was accepted.
(b) It was derided.
(c) It was rejected.
(d) It was praised highly.
2. What result does Jung's blasphemous dream have?
(a) He begins to lie about his faith.
(b) He flees from the church and never returned.
(c) He forces himself to continue religious practice.
(d) He ponders religion seriously.
3. How did Jung refer to his autobiography while it was being written?
(a) As "Aniela's project".
(b) As "My Red Book".
(c) As "My gospel".
(d) As "My story".
4. What was Jung's father's profession?
5. What values was Jung trying to balance in his career choice?
(a) Humble enough and good enough.
(b) Respectable enough and freeing enough.
(c) Remunerative enough and respectable enough.
(d) Interesting enough and remunerative enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the other students at university perceive Jung?
2. What significance does the red stone have for Jung?
3. What does Jung say he was entirely ignorant about in his childhood experience?
4. What did Jung feel was true about his childhood experiences?
5. What does Jung say he remembers from his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jung mean when he says that the mind claims and keeps all experiences?
2. What crisis did Jung experience?
3. What importance does Jung's childhood have for him?
4. How did Jung choose his profession?
5. What were Jung's feelings about meeting Freud?
6. What event gave Jung his fear of "men in black frocks"?
7. Why did Jung decide to back Freud's ideas?
8. What limitations did Jung see in Freud?
9. Describe Jung's university years.
10. How did Jung harness his dreams and visions?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)