|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jung's primary interest?
2. What did Jung find as he applied his new approach to other cases?
(a) He had to fight the administration of the hospital.
(b) What worked for one patient was hardly ever useful with another.
(c) Each case was unique.
(d) Most patients responded to the same change in treatment.
3. What kind of formative event shaped Jung?
(a) An ethical question that made him suspicious.
(b) A religious question that made him secretive.
(c) A financial question that made him thrifty.
(d) A familial question that made him proud.
4. How old was Jung when his parents had his baby sister?
5. What gave Jung confidence to align himself with Freud?
(a) His disdain for the bourgeoisie.
(b) His reputation as a fighter.
(c) His disagreements with the administration of the hospital.
(d) His desire for Freud's renown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jung feel like he was exploring in his new, more playful work?
2. What was Jung's family's religion?
3. How did Jung refer to his autobiography while it was being written?
4. What did Jung begin to write about as his career developed?
5. Where was Jung raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jung discover as he grew older?
2. What was Jung's private life like while he was working with Freud?
3. How did Jung pursue the paranormal in his studies?
4. Where did Jung's father's fears of Jesuits come from?
5. What importance does Jung's childhood have for him?
6. Describe Jung's association test.
7. How did Jung harness his dreams and visions?
8. What happened at Jung's home to make him approach his career choice from a new angle?
9. What was the state of mental health in Jung's time?
10. How did Jung feel about religious practice as a child?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)