|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Travels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jung's family's religion?
2. What additional quality did Jung notice about whites after spending time with the primitive people of North America?
(a) Their untrustworthiness.
(b) Their destructiveness.
(c) Their rationality.
(d) Their irrationality.
3. How old were Jung's children when he built his house?
(a) In grade school.
(b) Still young.
(c) Mostly infants.
(d) Entering adulthood.
4. How did Jung see Freud once they met?
(a) They treated each other as rivals.
(b) They kept each other at a distance, but they collaborated.
(c) They treated each other as equals.
(d) He treated him as a father.
5. What did Jung read of Nietzsche's work?
(a) Thus Spake Zarathustra.
(b) Beyond Good and Evil.
(c) The Anti-Christ.
(d) Genealogy of Morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jung see in one of his prominent visions when he was integrating his fantasies with his interest in alchemy?
2. What was Nietzsche's reputation in Basel?
3. What did Jung begin to be interested in as his work followed its new direction?
4. Jung claims that the unconscious is the source of what?
5. What plan of treatment led Jung to his breakthrough?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)